Avatar image for deactivated-59fb4bc479490
deactivated-59fb4bc479490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Hey all,

Obviously the topic at hand has weighed heavily on me. I've been thinking about things I can do or what should be done for this guy who was flat out ripped from the world for no good reason.

1. From now on the bombcast should be intro'd with "Ryan Davis presents the bombcast" or "Ryan Davis' Bombcast"

We all know he has had a profound impact on many things, and many places, features, and people on the site and arround, but when you think of the podcast, it is always with him hosting. Don't want to end it, would want it to live on (as Ryan would as well, I think...) and just want that little not to the big guy for his years of service to all of us. We all were graced to have him there to host it, and it sucks he won't be there anymore, but I can't ever imagine an episode without him.

2. The CAH Giantbomb expansion, there should be a black card with simply "Ryan Davis" on it.

2b. Thinking about it, a "Ryan Davis presents......" would make a great white card also.

3. If anyone can help me, I'd like to find some sort of a high res photo with Ryan sitting in the chair on some friday show or live thing. I imagine one of him serious (what usually happens seconds into the show before he says welcome) and one of him simply smiling or laughing at the camera.

Thanks,

-nabokovfan87

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 13

If 2b happens, then 2 has to happen as well (because, well, "Ryan Davis presents... Ryan Davis" would be awesome).

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I'm not so sure about the first one. Something just seems kinda wrong about it.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The CAH cards would be reversed. It would be White card just saying Ryan Davis and a black card saying Ryan Davis Presents. I think that how it would go since the black cards are the ones you play off of. Anyways, I like the idea and I think it should be done. As for #1, not too sure about that one.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FirebirdINF

I like all three, but I realize there is something a little creepy about saying "presents" when the person has passed.

Maybe they could get a Ryan Davis Memorial GONG and smash it to end the podcast for the next 52 Tuesdays? I would happily contribute money to buying the biggest imperial gong possible. Ryan could always magically remove all shame from dumb things. Blasting a gong to end a videogame podcast is just the right kind of dumb. Zen Master Taswell would have wanted it that way.

There should definitely be one or both CAH cards.

joebillmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By joebillmatt

Hey all,

Obviously the topic at hand has weighed heavily on me. I've been thinking about things I can do or what should be done for this guy who was flat out ripped from the world for no good reason.

1. From now on the bombcast should be intro'd with "Ryan Davis presents the bombcast" or "Ryan Davis' Bombcast"

Thanks,

-nabokovfan87

That might be too much, but what I want is just simply them playing "It's tuuuesdaaaaay" at the beginning of every podcast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joebillmatt said:

@nabokovfan87 said:

Hey all,

Thanks,

-nabokovfan87

That might be too much, but what I want is just simply them playing "It's tuuuesdaaaaay" at the beginning of every podcast.

Keep in mind, the sentiment being: "We all were graced to have him there to host it, and it sucks he won't be there anymore, but I can't ever imagine an episode without him."

You can say commemorate the room, he did some good work there, but was it there or the GB building. IDK, that's why I sided with the idea of doing the actual audio itself. I mean, if not Ryan Davis presents, the "uncreepy" thing being, that is his podcast, he brought the life to it, the speed of it, the cut of the jib of the podcast was Ryan Davis.

IDK, I mean, I didn't come on the site daily, I mainly just did the video/podcast thing, but I think the podcast/hosting the live shows is something he defined and did it in a way no one else could.

Be it "iiiitttt's tuesday" or w/e, the sentiment being, there should be something there to say "hey, here's the dude who did it."

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

Audio clip weaved into intro song in an inconspicuous manner would be better. A nice, gentle reminder rather than bashing people over the head with it.

White Card: "A human piece of shit". A subtle nod would be much more fitting than an overt reference.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Audio clip weaved into intro song in an inconspicuous manner would be better. A nice, gentle reminder rather than bashing people over the head with it.

White Card: "A human piece of shit". A subtle nod would be much more fitting than an overt reference.

Or something subtle on the cover photo or the podcast page. An empty mic, chair or something. I trust the guys will find something they'll find most appropriate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's another thread discussing the idea of #2, just want to link to that and toss this reply here.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bomb-squad-6871/would-you-buy-a-white-cards-against-humanity-card--1444681/?page=1#js-message-6756487

Guys, please keep in mind this isn't about "will it be funny", this is about a nice way to honor Ryan. We know he loved the game, loved to make us laugh, and loved to do whatever crazy Shit he could think of (like flushing a pie at GDC). Yes it will hurt now, but it's an honor to be immortalized in something. I'm sure max would back me up here and say that would be his favorite card, not because it's the funniest, but because of its meaning. Think about it, gb has their own expansion worked on by the man himself, this isn't a meme, or some joke, it's all about honor, respect, and love for that duder.