SFIV or RE5

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SpinCookie

OK, so here's my question.  I just got BioShock today, and am loving it.  I'm getting Killzone 2 next month also.  I wanted to know if I should get Street Fighter 4 or Resident Evil 5 after that.

I feel like I'd be kind of maxed out on shooters and can use the break with SF.  I know RE isn't technically a shooter, but it's similar, and SF is definitely a far step from one.

I'm kind of answering my own question, leaning towards SF, I'll get RE 5 sometime, just not right away.

Anyone have any suggestions?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

If that is how you feel, go ahead. SF IV is going to be great...and so is RE5. I am getting both when they come out, but get SF IV first because it comes out first anyway.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

I would say that if you have a good friend to play RE5 coop with, then get that.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

Broken Record: They are completely different and you're only going to get my personal opinion, but I would go with SFIV over RE5...I would likely go with FEAR 2 over RE5 as well. SFIV is looking fantastic and it's the first fighter I've been excited about in a long time.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

Damn, that's a hard one.  I really want both games really bad but I would have to pick RE5 but if you are looking for a game with more re-playability then maybe you should get SFIV for the online play.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By clarke0

I'm getting SFIV over RE5. It looks like it's going to be amazing. I haven't played a real fighting game in FOREVER so I'm excited.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By granderojo

Wait rent both then decide.

I am picking up both, although I want to play deadspace.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By chililili

OK if you don't like/have never played fighting games get RE5. It has co-op and lots of replay value. Also if you are not good at fighting games I do not htink SFIV will do much for you, because if you play online against others you will onyl get destroyed, and its not like its a very good single-player/story mode experience. Of course I am talking based on the older street fighters, this one is supposed to ahve a training mode adn a decent story interlaced with anime cutscenes, so I could be all wrong. So my best advice to you is, if you've never picked upa  fighting game get RE5. And wait till SFIV is out because it may be a very different falvor of fighting game.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Systech

I would get Street Fighter IV as my personal opinion.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

Yeah I'm happy about RE5 for sure, but at the same time, Dead Space kinda upped my expectations for that type of game, and I know RE5 isn't up to speed with that besides the co-op which is its main attraction for me atm. I would go SFIV before RE5, but I'd say it depends on your personal tastes of how into fighting games you are, or how into this SF you're going to be, against you and friends playing co-op RE5.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PureRok

I'd pick up any game coming out this year over RE5.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By myke_tuna

I'm not a big fan of RE at all. I like the series, but I only own one game (Resident Evil 0) which I really liked, and I've played RE4. But RE5 kind of sticks with 4's controls and now that Gears and stuff are out, I don't think I can roll like that. I'm getting SFIV, well renting SFIV on 360 until it comes out on PC. I realized I prefer the Alpha games and how they play, but SF is SF. Maybe I'll end up liking how this plays better. I haven't been this excited since I was thinking of getting into Virtua Fighter with the release of VF5 on 360. That didn't turn out so well. I might go back now that I'm getting a Standard Edition FightStick... I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm rambling. You can answer this question yourself if you think hard enough. You don't really need any of our opinions, but we offer them to you if you think that they'll help.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince

I would get RE5 over SFIV, but I'm getting both anyways.

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#15  Edited By KillerFly

I'd go with Resident Evil 5.  Street Fighter has never really been my favorite fighting series.