Share your Fun VR Glitch Stories!

Avatar image for moderatetrouble
moderateTrouble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title says it all! I want to hear your funny stories of glitches in VR.

Mine had to do with Job Simulator. The second I learned I could make photocopies of cacti in the cubicle, it was all over. I lined every possible surface I could reach with cacti. I discovered if I moved the cactus while copying it, I could even make them float!

I was like some sort of gosh darn cactus tornado, with about 100 succulents orbiting around me. Basically, I was Janet in The Good Place.

Me playing Job Simulator
Me playing Job Simulator

The best part was I made SO MANY cacti I freaking broke the game. HARD. I found myself suddenly clipping through walls and dropping through the floor (NOT a fun feeling), all while my hurdling virtual body crashed through a wall of floating plants. I don't know how but I made the game SO confused that even when I backed out and went to different jobs, the glitching continued! The game wouldn't let me advance objectives, object disappeared, etc.

This was my second-ever experience with VR, so while it did make me wary of how nauseating suddenly rocketing through a ceiling can be it did leave me with a pretty funny story.

So what about you? What fun experiences do YOU have to share?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I was working on a VR development toolkit for Unity and amongst other glitches while attempting to create a "clone object" feature to create clones of objects within the game it instead showered the entire world in an exponentially increasing number of cubes. That as you can imagine destroyed the frame rate so it was this extremely laggy cubes appearing everywhere sort of world.

bluubeetle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The best thing that's ever happened to me was the first time that I played milsim Onward with a buddy. We went into the PVE mode and, after a few unsuccessful tries, I outfitted myself with a riot shield and pistol. My partner quickly went down and I was swiftly cornered by about 5 enemy AI with their various (German?) grunts as they closed in. I hid in a corner with my shield in front of my and, by the grace of God, they literally could not figure out how to fire at any part of my body not protected by the shield. Realizing my good fortune, I pulled out my knife and then, inexplicably totally incapable of being hit, GUTTED EVERY LAST ENEMY OF THE MAP by running up and stabbing them with the combat knife, all while my friend watched and laughed with horror at what he was witnessing. I ended the mission looking at the streets strewn with corpses of my enemies and, as the "mission success" music played in the background, I stabbed myself and took my own life with the knowledge that I could never live with what I had become.