Should i buy a DS?

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

I've been thinking about getting one for the past few months now and I can't decide If I should invest the money or not.I really do want a handheld,but is it worth it i'm not that into puzzle games?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

That's a personal preference thing right there, buddy. There's a lot more than puzzle games, although I'm not the biggest fan of it myself.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

Depends on what systems you have now.

Octopus_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Octopus_Prime

Everyone should have at least 1 DS

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

The DS has tons of games, and they are very varied. There's more then puzzles to it. Plus, you can find many cheap games, since a lot of them were released a while ago.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kush

I personally love the system and think it's got a wide variety of games to play, but you may not like it at all.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By danielkempster
Jayge said:
"That's a personal preference thing right there, buddy. There's a lot more than puzzle games, although I'm not the biggest fan of it myself."
This guy speaks the truth. Do some research, check out the kinds of games available for it, and if you find a number of them appeal to you, then go for it.
Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Roger_Klotz
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Player1

DS's are just like wiis. The novelty of the touch screen is awesome at first, but wares off. Still if you do not own a handhelp, then it would be a good purchase. There are a bunch of great games like mario kart, animal crossing, advance wars, puzzle quest, ect. 

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KindGalaxy

My favourite game is one called, "Can't Decide What to Eat?" it has hundreds of recipies from across the world, video tutorials on cutting vegetables, audio guidance throughout the preperation and cooking phases and a calendar to stamp on the day you make something from the list of recipies. I'm serious, this is my favourite game on the DS right now, use it most nights to think up some new shit to cook. So yeah, grab a DS... there is the usual mario, zelda, animal crossing games too, as well as the Ace Attorney games.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By xxNBxx

Hands down the DS is the better handheld.  Tons of good games to pick from.  Here is the thing though,  there is a new version of the DS in the works but not sure when its coming,  you can get one now but don't get upset if in 6 months when your wishing you had the new one.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demyx

Sure if you have the money, but you don't seem like you really care. Check out some of the games that are interesting to you, and then make a decision.

I myself don't have one, and probably won't.
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich

Depends if you buy a Flash Cart.

drew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By drew

Why does everyone ask this?  If you like the games that are on the system and can afford it then yes.  Otherwise no.  I don't think people here or anywhere can help with that decision except in suggesting games you might not have heard of.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I made the horrible mistake of trading in my DS for a PSP a couple years back. At first I loved my PSP, but once the novelty of having a jumbo screen and awesome portable graphics wore off, I left with pretty much nothing. 

Handhelds are what Nintendo still does right these days and the DS proves it. It has an awesome library of games and the touch screen is actually useful. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony's next handheld came with a touch screen. Even the ipods and stuff are doing it these days. 

So pick one up if you're looking for a great handheld.
Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Supertramp
Yeah man, like few have said...go do some research.
I personally love my DS. Best handheld, hands down.
I usually focus my time spent gaming, playing my 360.
And, the poor DS isn't exactly collecting dust, but not receiving the attention it deserves.
Fantastic library of games, lots of variety man. Do some research. But, yeah, sure. It's worth the money.
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By SSbabel

Yes, you need to go out and buy this system.

Kaido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kaido

So far, my PSP has been collecting dust; my DS gets all the play time.

Unless you're willing to splash out for an iPhone, with it's free (Awesome) apps, then go for a DS.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xxNBxx

Kaido said:

"So far, my PSP has been collecting dust; my DS gets all the play time.

Unless you're willing to splash out for an iPhone, with it's free (Awesome) apps, then go for a DS."

Iphone doesn't have enough games to make it worth buying, so all you will have is this cool looking toy with some cool apps,  cause you can't make call with it thanks to the wonderfull service from AT&T.  In all you would have a PsP with out the games, which is funny cause PsP barely has any games of its own. 

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mthe1337one

i wouldn't consider getting a DS at this point in time...
wasn't there rumor of a new one coming?  even if it's not necessarily a "new" DS, it might be one of those "incremental updates" kind of DS.

anyway there's plenty of things of interest on DS...

Ninja Gaiden dragon sword
tetris ds
trauma center 1 and 2
many other games that escape me for some reason :p

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By whyzenheimer

Love my DS and play it almost every day.  There are so many great games for it, and I never owned a GBA so I play a ton of those games on it too.