Should I get Arkham City or Uncharted 3 (first)?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Although not originally on my initial play through of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune did I enjoy it, I had played it again on its hardest difficulty and loved it. I had played that around the time the trophies came along for it, and it’s probably still one of my favorite games. Then the sequel to it came out on October 13, 2009, I had been playing Crysis for the first time since my brother had just bought a powerful enough PC to play it on. When the opening cut scene had started on Uncharted 2, the ending credits were rolling on Crysis. Now, maybe it wasn’t entirely Crysis’ fault, or maybe it was, but after playing all the way through Uncharted 2 in one eight hour sitting, I noticed something was wrong, and it was just the fact that I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as I thought I would and should.

Till this day, I still don’t enjoy it as much as I originally had hoped, but I at least know why, and it’s because I didn’t find the shooting to be all that fun. I know I’m in the minority there, but aside from that one thing, everything else I did enjoy quite enough. The great characters from the first were back and then some, action set pieces were greatly cinematic, and there was just a lot to like for such a quality game. I still like Uncharted enough to want the third, but would you recommend it even though I didn’t enjoy the shooting from Drake’s Fortune’s sequel? And here’s the short on Batman… I loved Arkham Asylum, and I really want its sequel. I know I won’t be let down by that game, but who knows, I could! Which do you prefer?

ryanmc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ryanmc94

Dude I loved Uncharted 2 but I was a little let down by 3. Like your experience with 2 I have felt that they're is something not quite right about it. I don't know if it's the combat or perhaps it felt a little "paint by numbersy". I truly don't know.

Batman Arkham City however is to me a masterpiece. I am the biggest Batman fan in the world (I'm currently wearing an Arkham City T-Shirt and drinking from a Batman mug) and I loved the living crap out of that game. You should most definitely get both at some stage because they're fantastic but start with the B-man. He won't let you down.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO

You can't can't wrong with either, but just remember that Uncharted 3's multiplayer community aren't gonna be around forever.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DarthOrange

@EVO said:

You can't can't wrong with either, but just remember that Uncharted 3's multiplayer community aren't gonna be around forever.

Uncharted 2's community is still alive and kicking...........

As for what you should play, if you didn't like Uncharted 2 just go with the Batman game.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlasherMan

@NTM: I think it's pretty obvious by your post what you really want, and I'm inclined to agree. I was underwhelmed by the Uncharted games much like you, and while they are objectively good games with great production values (I absolutely adore the soundtrack of 2), I just couldn't see in them what a lot of other people seem to. Batman AC would definitely be my pick, too.

ABK_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ABK_92

Batman: AC because it's NOT one of worst sequels ever made like Uncharted 3. Words cannot express how much I fucking loathe that game. Fuck Uncharted 3. Fuck Naughty Dog. They used to be one of my favorite game developers (I loved the Crash Bandicoot games and Uncharted 2), but that game was fucking horseshit.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By retrovirus

I would say Batman. I loved Uncharted 3, even if it was just "more Uncharted", which I really like. Batman, though, is the perfect definition of a sequel to me. It takes the core gameplay from Arkham Asylum,and expands the combat, world, and characters into a giant city. You really do feel like Batman, with a much larger playground and tons of ways to take out thugs. Dive bombing guys from buildings is very satisfying.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rockanomics

Seems clear to me that if you've lost a bunch of excitement for Uncharted games but you still really want Batman, then you go Batman.

Simple, no?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn

Arkham city seems like the easy choice, why would you choose the game where you don't get to be batman?

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By themangalist

I didn't really like Batman Arkham Asylum (actually half-way through the game i was absolutely sick of the boring atmosphere the game emits), can anyone tell if i'd like Arkham City?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I love Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2 equally, so I'm pretty non-biased when I say that you. should. play. arkham. city.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Zombie_

Arkham City. I've heard nothing but meh to bad when I ask about Uncharted 3. AC on the other hand, is insanely fun and a great sequel, and the Nightwing and Robin DLC packs are very entertaining.

@themangalist said:

I didn't really like Batman Arkham Asylum (actually half-way through the game i was absolutely sick of the boring atmosphere the game emits), can anyone tell if i'd like Arkham City?

Well, City is much more open-ended when compared to Asylum, leaving much more room to grapple, glide, and run around. Only really annoying part about the environment is the fact that enemies respawn quite frequently when you leave an area.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By zyn

Uncharted 3.

Alucard_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alucard_N7

Batman Batman Batman!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EVO

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

Yeah but it's mostly veterans, which makes it hard for newcomers.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King

Arkham City, because I've played that one.

iBePeRFeCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iBePeRFeCT

Definitely Batman. I just finished the main story on it and loved every minute of it. Trying to finish up all the side quest and Riddler stuff now.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarthOrange

@EVO said:

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

So does the same apply to fighting games online modes after the first month?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarthOrange

@ABK_92 said:

Batman: AC because it's NOT one of worst sequels ever made like Uncharted 3. Words cannot express how much I fucking loathe that game. Fuck Uncharted 3. Fuck Naughty Dog. They used to be one of my favorite game developers (I loved the Crash Bandicoot games and Uncharted 2), but that game was fucking horseshit.

No Caption Provided
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By JoeyRavn

If you're planning on getting both, I'd get Uncharted 3 first. It seems like a much shorter game than Arkham City, especially if you're 100%ing both of them. On the other hand, Arkham City is amazing.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#22  Edited By donutfever

Batman, just to avoid the risk of getting the ending spoiled. You really don't want that to happen.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NTM

@DonutFever: If you're talking about The Joker thing, then it already has (kind of), if not, then I don't want to know. If it is The Joker thing, then I'm not too disappointed in finding out, I'm still just as excited to play it.

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By g6065

I'll be trading in City for UC3, if that helps...

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EVO

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

Huh? Where'd you pull one month from?

Firstly, Uncharted 3's been out for nearly three months. And secondly, in the case that @NTM: does get Batman first, it could be many more until he gets Uncharted 3.

For the record: I've played a lot of both Uncharted 2 & 3 online. I was playing Uncharted 2 right up until Uncharted 3's release. It is my go-to multiplayer game. I know what the community's like. I know that it's not the most welcoming game for newcomers. And I know that in a few months time, Uncharted 3 won't be either.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarthOrange

@EVO said:

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

Firstly, Uncharted 3's been out for nearly three months. And secondly, in the case that @NTM: does get Batman first, it could be many more until he gets Uncharted 3.

For the record: I've played a lot of both Uncharted 2 & 3 online. I was playing Uncharted 2 right up until Uncharted 3's release. It is my go-to multiplayer game. I know what the community's like. I know that it's not the most welcoming game for newcomers. And I know that in a few months time, Uncharted 3 won't be either.

Most fighting games casual players tend to leave after the first month leaving only the hardcore. With a user name of EVO I'm sure your great at fighting games and never notice that the number of players online drops after around the first month and your left with advanced players and scrubs who spam.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CaptainCharisma

As someone who never played Uncharted 2's multiplayer, I found 3 to be a lot of fun. I play it at least two nights a week with a buddy. If you have a buddy to play with you, it's a great experience, as long as jerks aren't miked up. But I would suggest Arkham City here. You just seem like you'd enjoy that more. Just don't bother going after all the Riddler trophys. I got bored of that quickly.

And as much as I love it, if you didn't feel that good about two, then I wouldn't worry about getting into Uncharted 3 until the price goes down.

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By solidejake

@ABK_92: Calm down big boy. No need to express such levels of hostility. They didn't wrong you, you're just overreacting. Even if you didn't enjoy the game, doesn't mean you should say such childish things. That being said, Uncharted 3, to me, is a far better choice than Batman.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#29  Edited By Mnemoidian

As someone who loved Arkham Asylum and tolerated Uncharted 2 (while thinking that Uncharted (1) was pretty bad)...

I think that both Arkham City and Uncharted 3 are letdowns compared to the previous games. Both feel like they are going through the motions. Batman is pretty badass, but where Asylum felt revolutionary, City just feels like more of the same - for good and bad.

As for Uncharted 3, first game in a long time where I lowered the difficulty so I could just avoid the shooting, because if you ask me, Shooting in Uncharted 3 is terrible and not at all fun.

But that's just me. Verdict? Arkham City, no doubt.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

Alright, well, one place where I could get my games, Uncharted 3 is $34.99, while Batman's still full price ($59.99).

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EVO

@DarthOrange said:

With a user name of EVO I'm sure your great at fighting games

Nope. It's just a nickname.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By hermes

Batman. I know I am mostly alone in this, but I liked it more than Asylum.

Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, but as a sequel to Uncharted 2 it feels a little lacking. If you were not a huge fan of 2 to begin with, I guess 3 is not going to change your mind.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Still_I_Cry

If you haven't played Arkham Asylum then get Arkham City.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

@DarthOrange said:

@EVO said:

Most fighting games casual players tend to leave after the first month leaving only the hardcore. With a user name of EVO I'm sure your great at fighting games and never notice that the number of players online drops after around the first month and your left with advanced players and scrubs who spam.

Happened with me in the case of Mortal Kombat. I loved the fighting but the online was amazingly frustrating. Tried to stick with it but the amount of spamming of the same move made it frustrating and boring. Especially when you're the only one in the fight trying to use a different combos and find a good strategy to win, the other player is simply mashing --> X and you can't get near him..