Should I Sell My 3DS?

hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

A few months ago I bought a 3DS XL with FE: Awakening. I played for about 6-7 hours--and that's it. A few days ago I bought AC:NL thinking that it'd be the game to spark my interest with the 3DS--still nothing. Initially I bought a 3DS for Pokemon X/Y and the new Zelda, but I'm afraid that I'll be barely playing that as well--seeing as how it releases in October, which is a fairly busy month for console games).

For some reason the 3DS just isn't interesting me. Hell, I'm even on a vacation and brought my 3DS with me and I still don't have any urges to play it during my downtime in my hotel room. I already have a 360/PS3/PC and a depressingly long Steam backlog. I've been considering selling my 3DS and investing it in a second 24" monitor for my PC--what do you think?

TL;DR Should I keep my 3DS or sell it to buy a 24" monitor...something that I'd actually use.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

This is out in two weeks .

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah get rid of the 3ds..

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If you can't get into Fire Emblem, there's a pretty good chance that you hate video games.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I dunno. Look at the upcoming games and the ones already out. If none of them interest you sell the thing. If you don't use it sell it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

If you can't get into Fire Emblem, there's a pretty good chance that you hate video games.

And that you're a terrible person.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Tireyo

There are other games for the 3DS that you can still play. You can't judge a system by just 2 or 3 games that you didn't like. I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't sell the system, it's just that I think it's a bit strange that you would want to sell something and didn't even give it much of a chance! It's even backwards compatible for crying out loud!

Explore some of the games you think you might like. Hell, ask some of the people here about a certain genre. Pay close attention to the facts of game play. Read up on your shit and watch some game play videos if you have to man! Here are some other games that are pretty decent.

Pushmo

Any Mario titles like: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Any Legend of Zelda titles like: Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

The Upcoming Smash Bros.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recommend Shin Megami Tensei 4, it's supposed to be pretty good, and I thoroughly enjoyed the prior games in the series (I don't have a 3DS myself so I can't play it).

Whenever Monster Hunter 4 comes out that should be pretty fun since it'll have native online.

If I could get one then I would enjoy a 3DS for those two games, pokemon and zelda.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The 3DS has had some amazing releases this year, even ignoring those, I'd say it's worth owning one for Pokemon and Zelda alone.. and that's ignoring Smash Brothers next year. But yeah, if you're not interested in playing them, then you've already made up your mind.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Only if you're prepared for the possibility that I day may come where you wish you hadn't.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I'll take it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

I'm kind of in the same boat as I too bought Fire Emblem and ended up hating it after a few hours but I also bought Etrian Odyssey and felt the same way. Since then the only time I touch my 3DS is to wipe the layer of dust that forms on it off as I walk by it every month or two. After years of needing to buy and sell systems to buy other ones as I kid I learned the hard way to never sell one once you have it though. There will always be that one or two games that make you wish you never sold it and they will eat at you until you end up breaking down and buying one again.

Besides. Pokemon is coming out real soon. Finally a reason to own a 3DS!

NowSayPillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NowSayPillow

@video_game_king said:

@oldenglishc said:

Damnit... I really need to pickup Fire Emblem...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If you really don't want play anything on it now or in the future, then sure get rid of it. Though, if there's even the slightest chance you'll want to play something on it later on, keep it and save yourself the hassle of having to buy another. I'm speaking from experience. Sometimes you just sit on a game for a while, and then six months later when you least expect it, you really want to go back and play it.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'll buy it for 20 bucks, pm me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By BisonHero

No? Because why would you ever sell any system you own, unless it's a 3DO or something? I especially don't get people who sell a console/handheld when it's only been out for like 2 years, and still has a bunch of titles that haven't been announced, or even begun.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By BaneFireLord

I'll give you $50 and a slightly used sandwich.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@video_game_king said:

@oldenglishc said:

Several months later, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not ecstatic about Awakening. Sure, it's better than recent entries like Shadow Dragon (too archaic in some of its design) and Radiant Dawn (just full of a bunch of stupid ideas, such as "didn't bother writing unique support conversations" and "your party is this constant revolving door so you have no idea who is worth training" and "it doesn't matter who you train, your endgame team is just going to be Ike and a bunch of Laguz royals anyway").

But I think Path of Radiance is a better game than Awakening, because at the end of the day, the grinding in Awakening just makes it kinda too easy and more boring. I guess I did it to myself, but once I got about 20 story missions in, I found I hadn't done story missions in a long ass time because I was just loading the game up to grind out certain characters for the purpose of their kids inheriting awesome skills, and I was boring myself to death.

And as impressive as the quantity of supports are, it kinda bummed me out when I realized that in service of allowing a ton of romantic pairings, each character only has like TWO same sex supports where two guys/gals just bro out over some shared hobby or something. So really, each character gets their one S-rank support, then there are a bunch of awkward boy-girl supports that are obviously gearing up to be romantic but then anticlimactically stop at A-rank, and then you get a measly two same sex supports that are actually universally funny or heartwarming.

I know the really obsessive players just know how to exploit Path of Radiance, but I think it's pretty well balanced for players who aren't going out of their way to look up ways to cheese the game, so I find its whole structure more tense and engaging than Awakening's "you are so guaranteed to win". I think it's super stupid that Path of Radiance only allows you to have 5 support conversations per character, even though it would take 6 support conversations to max out two supports entirely, but hey, nobody's perfect.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Sure.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Hunter5024

If you bought it to play Pokemon and Zelda, then you should at least wait until you've played one of those games on it. If Pokemon doesn't hold your interest then sell it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sell the shit out of it.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm kind of in the same boat as I too bought Fire Emblem and ended up hating it after a few hours but I also bought Etrian Odyssey and felt the same way. Since then the only time I touch my 3DS is to wipe the layer of dust that forms on it off as I walk by it every month or two. After years of needing to buy and sell systems to buy other ones as I kid I learned the hard way to never sell one once you have it though. There will always be that one or two games that make you wish you never sold it and they will eat at you until you end up breaking down and buying one again.

Besides. Pokemon is coming out real soon. Finally a reason to own a 3DS!

You're a psychopath and a monster.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I think Awakening is the better game, but I ran into the same problem you did on my first play through. I had to start the game over after about fifteen hours, since the default difficulty makes it real easy to over-level your party.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By crusader8463