So Duckman? Who Remembers This Forgotten Classic?

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mason20

After hearing Dan mention Duckman in I think was the latest Bombcast or maybe a tweet. Who else watched this nearly forgotten classic of early 90's Mature animated comedy about a Duck who is a Private Dick and his buddy Cornfed Pig. Not too forget his spiteful Sister-in-Law Bernice, his older burn out son Ajax, his genius twin sons who share one body Charles and Mambo, also flatulent and comatose Grandma-ma. I nearly forgot Duckmans' wife Beatrice who Duckman had no way whatsoever caused her untimely death that in no way could have been prevented and wasn't entirely his fault??

For those that have not seen this show it truly was a gem. Duckman is voiced by Jason Alexander(Seinfeld). Cornfed Pig voiced by Gregg Berger (uh.. Odie from Garfield and Jecht from FFX). King Chicken voiced by none other than Tim Curry.

For fans of 90/80 actors you'll hear some familiar voices. Not all great but some very important and very beloved comedians/actors. Some that come to mind. Jim Belushi, James Brown, Dan Castellaneta(? even shows up as Homer),Coolio, Ice-T,Joe Walsh, and so many more including the unforgettable Phil Hartman.

I can't be the only person other than Dan to fondly remember that show right? Right?

Edit: also to make this more game related. Who has played the point and click adventure that was based off the show Duckman? Not bad, though missing some key voice actors from the show.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By glots

I liked it enough to buy the dvd box including the two first seasons, when it came out over here for some odd reason. The second box less surprisingly never did come out and I still haven't watched any of those episodes. I quite liked it due to the animation style and odd/"mature" type of humour. Never played that game, but I did look it up after I bought the dvd.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember staying up late to watch this on USA network when I was younger and thought it was pretty great. I also seem to remember a couple of cute little teddy bears that would die horrible deaths all the time. I haven't seen it in so long I'm curious if it still holds up. I never played the adventure game though.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

They used to put it on quite late at night in the UK. I remember enjoying its odd humour though.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I remember Duckman. It was pretty messed up for its time. Some pretty overtly sexual humour and such. It was awesome!

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Same. Duckman's one of those cult classics for me.