#1  Edited By LiquidPrince
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

There isn't really winning, just doing slightly better. However, if there was to be a winner for E3 2009, who would you guys say it was?

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney

People who enjoy video games

Sony

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Pibo47

lol
 this is like the 3rd topic about this

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

Microsoft had great pacing, they didn't talk number, no montages, and had the most games. High energy, and I wasen't ever bored. Project Natal looks very interesting, and I can't wait to try it out myself. But when Jack said "FFXVI" my head fucking blew up. I don't give a shit about it, but at the time I was like "no fucking way!" Then it turned out to be an MMO, then I was like "Oh, ok. I understand".

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
@CoolDrMoney said:
" People who enjoy video gamesSony "
This, except Microsoft. I want to say nintendo because of Golden sun, but i know that is part of my bias, so i have to go with M-soft
Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Pantalooney

Microsoft was really well done and it wasn't as conventional like Sony and i enjoyed that pacing, there was never a part that i was bored

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EpicSteve

I would like to add Nintendo also did great...for Nintendo. I admit I was cursing a storm when they announced New Super Mario Bro Wii. "Myamoto has been thinking for 15 years on how to do something completely new for Mario...CO-OP!" I thought that was the actual Mario-related announcement.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

No matter what, we all win.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
@pissedoffthewitch said:
" No matter what, we all win. "
fact
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima

Microsoft obviously.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

Whoever wins, we win....wait.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Discorsi

i swear i have voted about this earlier...

IceCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IceCool

Sony kicked everyone's ass. Looks like the 2 others gonna have a big hangover. :P

Shinobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shinobe

Sony has my personal win interns of entertainment value. Nintendo reminded me of the epic avatar of this woman with speak bubbles that says, "blah blah blah"
http://www.mywii.com.au/pwnage/user_13508_SENNQCXS.jpg

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude
@pissedoffthewitch said:
" No matter what, we all win. "
Hallelujah brother.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Systech

Definitely not Nintendo.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By jakob187

When it came down to "who showed more pure games", it was Sony through and through, and they didn't disappoint.  When it came down to "who showed continued support for established franchises and innovation in technology", it was Microsoft, and they didn't disappoint.

When it came down to "hey you hardcore fucking gamers, check out THIS!" followed by a plastering of awesomeness for Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Mario Galaxy, Golden Sun, etc...it was Nintendo...and I don't think a single core gamer could be disappointed with Nintendo's conference.

In the end, I gotta say that the big three gave pretty good conferences.  Nonetheless, none of them were EXCITING.  They were all just...meh.  Twitter and Facebook and MySpace and whatever the fuck is out there had leaked too much about E3 this year to make it any form of true excitement.  I'm also willing to bet that Game Fork was right about a handful of things, and the big three decided to pull some stuff from their show in hopes that they can show them off at TGS or something.  =  /
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Microsoft and Sony pretty much tied. Both were great. I'd give Microsoft the lead though because Peter's bit on Natal was amazing. I don't care how scripted Milo was, it still made me feel like I time warped to the year 2020. Plus I love hearing Peter talk.

Nintendo comes in a more distant 3rd. Sorry, even though they announced a lot of new titles, a lot of them just seemed like same old same old. I'm quite interested to see how Metroid turns out though. And Golden Sun was a surprise.

Sephiroth9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sephiroth9997
@IceCool said:
"Sony kicked everyone's ass. Looks like the 2 others gonna have a big hangover. :P "

This.  They had the best live gameplay demonstrations and the better games IMO.  I thought Microsoft's was rather lame.  Beatles, Ride, Halo trailers.....really?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By Claude
@jakob187 said:
" When it came down to "who showed more pure games", it was Sony through and through, and they didn't disappoint.  When it came down to "who showed continued support for established franchises and innovation in technology", it was Microsoft, and they didn't disappoint.

When it came down to "hey you hardcore fucking gamers, check out THIS!" followed by a plastering of awesomeness for Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Mario Galaxy, Golden Sun, etc...it was Nintendo...and I don't think a single core gamer could be disappointed with Nintendo's conference.

In the end, I gotta say that the big three gave pretty good conferences.  Nonetheless, none of them were EXCITING.  They were all just...meh.  Twitter and Facebook and MySpace and whatever the fuck is out there had leaked too much about E3 this year to make it any form of true excitement.  I'm also willing to bet that Game Fork was right about a handful of things, and the big three decided to pull some stuff from their show in hopes that they can show them off at TGS or something.  =  /
"
You fucking tease... it tingles... stop.
unholyone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By unholyone123

I honestly thought that Microsoft and Sony were pretty even for the most part, but I had to give Sony the win on this one. That stupid Facebook and MySpace feature for the 360 seemed out of place. I just think gamers and attention whores should stay segregated. 

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Absurd

I did

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24  Edited By Knives

I thought all were a step up from last year. I think Sony takes the prize, with Nintendo getting most improved.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By choffy21

While Sony did do a very good job, I can't stand their arrogance that was clearly shown throught the whole press conference. Did they have a damn good conference? Of course. Every year except this year would have had Sony winning by a mile.

However, Microsoft showed the best games, and presented it in a perfect way. Coming into E3 I was only looking foward to Halo 3: ODST, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2 and the possibility of Crackdown 2. Now that the conference is over, I'm excited for Rock Band: The Beatles (or is it The Beatles: Rock Band?...), Modern Warfare 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Crackdown 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Alan Wake, Metal Gear Solid Rising and Project Natal.

There's no doubting it was close, but lately I was getting bored of my 360. After E3, I'm more excited than I've ever been.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jayge_
@jakob187 said:
" When it came down to "who showed more pure games", it was Sony through and through, and they didn't disappoint.  When it came down to "who showed continued support for established franchises and innovation in technology", it was Microsoft, and they didn't disappoint.

"
A core Nintendo fan. I couldn't give less of a shit about any of those.

I agree with the rest though.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I just want more games i don't care about all this motion crap.... SONY PWNED ALL

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By luce

everyone but nintendo won E3 imo

i was about to throw my Wii out the fucking window till i saw the Metroid + Team Ninja project..

Sony however, definitely sold me a Ps3 this summer (and possibly a hannah montana psp)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187
@Jayge: Understandable, but I enjoyed knowing that I'll get a new Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Mario Galaxy, and Golden Sun.

Personally, you ALL know why I'm not impressed with E3 this year.  I'm still waiting to hear those three words out of Rare's mouth.  =  /
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

They were all fuckin awesome. Golden Sun made me melt in my chair, but overall I think Sony takes the prize.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mattbodega

The winner: Definitely Turbografix. They really brought the house down with that new Bonk game.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By luce
@jakob187 said:
" @Jayge: Understandable, but I enjoyed knowing that I'll get a new Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Mario Galaxy, and Golden Sun.

Personally, you ALL know why I'm not impressed with E3 this year.  I'm still waiting to hear those three words out of Rare's mouth.  =  /
"
Perfect Dark Two?
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By grilledcheez
@Sephiroth9997 said:
"
@IceCool said:
"Sony kicked everyone's ass. Looks like the 2 others gonna have a big hangover. :P "
I thought Microsoft's was rather lame.  Beatles, Ride, Halo trailers.....really? "
Sooooo you didn't watch it then?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it when people say "...really?"
Seems like such an ass way of saying things lol.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Babble
@Sephiroth9997 said:
"
@IceCool said:
This.  They had the best live gameplay demonstrations and the better games IMO.  I thought Microsoft's was rather lame.  Beatles, Ride, Halo trailers.....really? "
You're forgetting Metal Gear, the demo of ODST, Natal (Milo), Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, better video service, Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown 2, and Forza 3. Try not to skew something when you obviously don't
want to like it to begin with.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

do we really need another topic of this type?

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

in terms of the presentation of the press conferences i would say microsoft

but in terms of lineup and best motion sensing i would give sony the nod

and i cant fucking wait for MAG
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iamjohn

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Luke

Ubisoft pwn'd everyone!!! 

Lol, that never gets old :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hannah Montana. Can't wait for that pink PSP.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

god.  I'm looking at ign, g4tv, etc.  they're all saying Microsoft stole the show. 
According to Brad when asked who had the best show he said something like - "No doubt in my mind Microsoft did". 

---- Anyway, prince.  You know the show isn't over.  it goes on all week and we'll probably be getting demos, more so on live, like crazy now.  Square and Konami still have conferences.  And in the past, sometimes, even the big 3 will anounce a couple of random games in there.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Scooper

Ubisoft's was the most compelling, interesting, exciting and informative piece of modern media ever produced.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By randiolo

ubisoft.. coz everyone loves Pele.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why isn't there the corny "Gamers did" option? I'd vote for that.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By toowalrus
@jakob187 said:
" @Jayge: Understandable, but I enjoyed knowing that I'll get a new Metroid, Super Mario Bros, Mario Galaxy, and Golden Sun.

"
Banjo-Kazooie Four? Obviously. Me too.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I would say it was a tie between Microsoft and Sony but because I can only pick one for the poll... Sony.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kiemoe

I had to give the vote to Sony, they kinda blew my mind at some points. But that might be my nostalgia factor for my old PS1 bringing in the fanboy for me :P  Microsoft was really awesome, and if that Moleneux's Natal demo was real I woulda given it to them. As for Nintendo, all 3 Mario games looked like rehashes to me, and I was never into Metroid or Golden Sun. Not to say they are gonna be bad, just not as exciting. The thing I found weird was no news on Metal Gear Rising on PS3. It's gotta be multiplatform, I think. I guess we'll have to see.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pirate_republic

Coming out the gate, MS has the strongest line-up. Therefore, I vote for MS.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By toowalrus

I think the games looked better at the Microsoft conference, but Sony's motion controller made Natal look like a lame kids toy. Although Microsoft did have Paul McCartney, and Kojima surrounded in Xbox-green coloring, I think that Sony wins E3.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mordukai
@LiquidPrince said:
" There isn't really winning, just doing slightly better. However, if there was to be a winner for E3 2009, who would you guys say it was? "
you should have put "The Gamers" as a fourth option.