Some notes on our upcoming sale

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

You may have heard the news: we'll be running our first sale in a while next week, just after PAX ends. In the meantime, a lot of you who signed up during last year's PAX may have been renewed at the full price, with a store code being sent to you. If you'd like to be refunded down to the sale price, justdon't use the store code to order anything, send me an email at support at giantbomb.com, and I'll cancel the code and refund you down to the sale price of $35. I'd ask for a little patience as I get through these emails, though; sale weeks always wind up resulting in a high volume of support emails and, well, you know.

Apologies for the hassle. Our payment processor makes things pretty confusing if we have sale weeks at the same time every year; renewals will be charged full price even if there's a sale on for "new" subscriptions, which of course is awesome and makes everyone happy. So we're going to try and make sure that sales don't overlap year-on-year going forward. Obviously it'd be easier if each sale was before the one-year anniversary of the one before it, so that people could extend their subscriptions without having to renew+get a refund, but live and learn!

We'll try to be more clear about when these happen going forward, but in the meantime, please email support if you have any questions about anything.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RetroMetal

Awesome! I need to subscribe again.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

This is a good alternative for people outside the US that basically get a useless coupon throughout the year as international shipping costs continue to outweigh any benefits of the store discount.

doncabesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@rorie: Thank you Matt, you fixed my renewal price immediately a few months ago. Enjoy Legion!

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

This is a good alternative for people outside the US that basically get a useless coupon throughout the year as international shipping costs continue to outweigh any benefits of the store discount.

Yeah, it's unfortunate and it really does mean the sale is the best time for us Europe folk to renew. I was a bit sad to have got a code that I probably wouldn't use but Mr Rorie is here to see us right, though. Thanks Matt!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect timing for me.

Stef_QA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just resubbed last night so thanks so much for this Matt!

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sooo, does this mean there won't be a November sale?

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Thanks for everything you do for the site, Matt!

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I grab this will it add any extra year on to my sub or would it just confuse things?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@humanity said:

Yup. I've bought a few tees just to show my love for GB, but buying anything else is a tough pill to swallow.

eduardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 10

Thanks, Rorie. That happened with me. I sent you an email. Didn't use the code, obviously. Glad I ran into this post, I freaked out a bit about this beforehand. =O