SSX, where have you gone?

Bo_bad_illa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bo_bad_illa

So I was riding in the car this morning and I realized, I missed the SSX series. Sure those new ones came out on the Wii but they just weren't as fun as Tricky or SSX3. All I'm saying is it was an enjoyable game with mindless fun. I'd be happy with SSX 3 just being a XBLA or PSN game, with online added on. The character designs were solid despite the "stereotypes" not that anybody really cared. The customization for outfits were pretty solid and always fun to play around with. Of course, those tricks were insane and over the top just as much as the mountain routes and runs. SSX 3 was a great game and solidified it as a series and I just miss it. It might just be nostalgia or just me whining. But hey it was fun, it was simple, and over the top.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By CastroCasper

I read the title too quick and thought it said "SEX, where have you gone?" and I was gonna ask the same.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bravetoaster

EA has it by the balls.... its liver spotted balls.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Coonce?

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By laussica

ssx tricky was so addictive i always played as the blonde main chick, eddie or the asain chick

DespoticDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DespoticDave

SSX  was the first PS2 game I had bought and loved every second of it. The problem with SSX was that in its future iterations it became dull. SSX3 was the turning point for the series with its "everything on one big, boring mountain" approach. The crazy and imaginative designed tracks made SSX so much fun. When that was gone, I stopped caring. If they ever do make another one I hope they ditch the one mountain approach.

angelofioren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By angelofioren

I miss that game. It was by far the best PS2 launch title.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scullinator

I think about this game every year when it starts to get cold outside and I get an itch to go skiing.  I love the super long run where it let you start from the top and run through every course nonstop.  I think it took about 20 to 30 min. to finish.  Best snowboarding game since 1080 on the N64.  My favorite was SSX Tricky, (one with the skis right?)  I dont think they even made that game backwards compatible.   

HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By HawkSE

Yeah. Funny you bring it up, I asked the same question to the Bombcast Crew a year ago: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw08l2ww-jM    

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think about this very question at least once a month, thought about it this morning (when i was hoping for an announcement at tgs).

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I fucking loves Tricky. I could go back and play that game right now. Fuck it 

TO THE EBAY-MOBILE!!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob

SSX Tricky was excellent. SSX3 tried to aim for realism which just made it like every other snow boarding game. I want SSX Tricky 2. 

What ever happened to Cool Boarders? Did that ever leave the PS1?

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nail1080
@Bo_bad_illa:  
if you're craving some next gen SSX, you should give PURE a go, when you get really good at it it's like the old SSX days when you'd be racking up combos and getting 1 billion scores. Very similar gameplay once you get used to the ATV mechanics....
aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By aleryn

Yeah I want some more classic SSX too.  I only really put time into Tricky, but the feel of SSX, Tricky, and 3 is what I want to see brought back.  They just had this amazing mix of arcade fun and the depth of a trick-skating game.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I really hated the stiffness of Tricky. 3 felt just right but not too much and was smooth as butter.

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By coonce
@MattyFTM said:
" Coonce? "
Coonce indeed! Will and Jeff and I were just talking about this at the office yesterday..... there were rumors of Criterion revamping the franchise.... but I am ALL-IN on another SSX game (that plays like SSX3) -- there series lost its way a bit with 'On-Tour'.
pixelpushr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelpushr

I loved the SSX games, especially Tricky. It's really odd that the only one made for the new consoles was for the Wii. I would buy SSX Tricky again but it's not even backwards compatible on the 360 and I got rid of my OG Xbox a long time ago.