Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

It was hapenning. Game was cancelled after Bionic Commando tanked. They also worked on a Streets of Rage remake, and a Wanted 2.

But that Strider teaser (which Eurogamer doesn't let me embed) looks pretty fucking cool.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BonOrbitz
JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By JCTango

That teaser was pretty awesome! Too bad that reboot isn't happening.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cloudenvy

Considering Grin's track record, I'm kind of happy that none of these reboots happened. A bad Strider reboot would probably kill me.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlightConfuse

Much rather have a studio like platinum doing it instead.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By L33tfella_H

So, when did GRIN become such a high-profile studio to japanese publishers? That article states that they were "in talks" to do that Final Fantasy game, a Silent Hill game, Strider reboot and a Streets of Rage remake. I can't really put a finger on why they would get picked as a likely dev for all this stuff. The only thing I could think of is that they took initiative and sought out these publishers themselves. Surely BC:Rearmed wasn't that crazy a success story right?

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buzz_killington

@SlightConfuse said:

Much rather have a studio like platinum doing it instead.

Funny you say that, because after watching that trailer, I immediately thought of Revengeance.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BonOrbitz

@L33tfella_H said:

So, when did GRIN become such a high-profile studio to japanese publishers? That article states that they were "in talks" to do that Final Fantasy game, a Silent Hill game, Strider reboot and a Streets of Rage remake. I can't really put a finger on why they would get picked as a likely dev for all this stuff. The only thing I could think of is that they took initiative and sought out these publishers themselves. Surely BC:Rearmed wasn't that crazy a success story right?

I don't know why GRIN in particular was chosen, but my guess was because Japanese publishers wanted a developer with Western sensibilities at a time when Platinum games wasn't around?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel
@L33tfella_H Their relationship with Capcom and some charismatic negotiating probably got them some lucrative opportunities. But once Bionic Commando bombed, the offers were taken off of the table.