• 64 results
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

so i just finished final fantasy 13. just finished the ending cutscene and i got that all to familiar feeling in my stomach. the feeling of "what now?" 
i spend over 40 hours of my life on this game (and yes i enjoyed it so lets not all start bashing me at once) and now its over. its not that im sad or anything 
but i feel a little lost now. i kinda wish it still had more to go. does anyone else get that feeling from finishing a game ever?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

all the time.. it sucks. 

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tunaburn
@AjayRaz said:
" all the time.. it sucks.  "
yes, yes it does. its been a while since ive played a non multiplayer game that ive spent this much time with. its just an odd feeling.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Not for 40 hours. I eat 40 hours of gameplay for breakfast :P 

I had that feeling at getting to lvl 80 in WoW, or at 1k'ing certain long games, that sort of thing. Or finishing a game with an amazing storyline. Sometimes with games that take 100's of hours too.  

You feel a bit lost for a while, y'know?

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ricetopher

Generally most days when I finish a lengthy single player game I just end up not playing any other games the rest of the day. Some form of postmortem I suppose. Maybe start looking for that next time sink? That's usually what I do.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tunaburn
@The_A_Drain: yea i get it. and its not like i dont have other stuff to do. im actually going to paint my living room now and go over to my stepmoms for mothers day. it took me this long to beat the game and i got it the day it came out. its just like, now what? but ill probably go back to bad company 2 and ssf4 until red dead comes out. but, ill still have that special little place in my heart for vanille. you annoying little girl you...
Ratcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ratcabbage

It depends. Most of the time I'm relieved because it means I can move on to a new game.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ArchScabby

BUY MORE GAMES!!!!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

That happens alot to me, especially with lengthy RPG's that put all the more effort into creating character development and attachments for the player to hang onto.

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thekingoftoilets

I felt that way after playing heavy rain. I was so attached to the characters, that I kinda felt like "What do I do?" After it. haha, and it was only 8 hrs. of play.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tunaburn
@thekingoftoilets: thats a good thing though. at least it means they did a good job getting you into the game. you know whats odd to me? i spent like 60 hours playing fallout 3. loved every second of it. but never got that feeling my gut. i dont think i grew that attached to my guy like i did to these janky ass characters in FF13 for some reason.
thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thekingoftoilets
@tunaburn: 

Haha, I beat FF13 like 2 months ago, and I think its safe to say that after you get past that initial linear "hump" in the early chapters in the game, it will grow on you. FF13 does shake up the formula for a Final Fantasy game, but the creators at Square Enix still know how create good character progression ("see : Hope", who I totally despised the most), and they grow on you. I felt good after beating FF13, and the roughly 50 hrs. I spent with it.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tunaburn
@thekingoftoilets: i got a question for you since you have beaten it. after i killed the last guy it said crystarium expanded. how and when would i use that?
Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daryl

Uncharted 2

thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thekingoftoilets
@tunaburn: 

What happens is that the game asks you if you wish to create an end game save file. If you load that file, you will be placed just outside the area for the final battle. You can go back to Gran Pulse if you back track just a little. From there, you can finish any other missions you have left, go for trophys, and max out everyone's crystarium if you wanted to.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tunaburn
@thekingoftoilets: oh i see. that might alleviate some of this feeling in my belly. but i doubt ill want to run around doing that stuff now that i know how it ends.....
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kmdrkul

I just beat Mass Effect 2.  Same feeling; it sucks :(

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By luce

Persona 4 gave me that feeling

thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thekingoftoilets
@tunaburn: 

Haha, that may be true, but hey, as a strong man/Kanji/Snow once said "The heroes always win!"
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PillClinton

S-ranks actually give me that feeling, even though they should induce a sense of achievement.  I just feel aimless and lost after getting an s-rank (except my platinum trophy in batman.  that was awesome).

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21  Edited By natetodamax

I got that feeling after beating Mass Effect 2.

thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thekingoftoilets
@natetodamax: 

Did everyone "make" it in the end? If so, then yea, me to. It makes me wonder what Bioware will do with all the extras from 1 and 2. Hopefully something more than mere camoes.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23  Edited By natetodamax
@thekingoftoilets: Everyone but Thane survived in my ending. It was a real bummer because for the entire game I was getting all excited and anxious for the suicide mission not knowing how it would turn out and when 99% of my team got out I was like "Man.....that was kinda lame", It would have been more exciting if it ended in a bloodbath.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy

I usually just feel great after I beat a game, especially Final Fantasy 13. The ending was so good that it left me in a great mood.

thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thekingoftoilets
@natetodamax: 

I was able to have everyone survive, and the suicide mission was great, but maybe not AS great as I could have imagined. It would have been awesome if there was a 5 - 10 min part where everyone on the team was just tearing up the collectors and trying to make a push to the you-know-what and they all witness it.
Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#26  Edited By Valkyr

I felt like crap for a week after finishing MGS3,  that feeling appears every time you beat a masterpiece and you know that if you play it again the experience will not be the same.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Turambar
@luce said:
" Persona 4 gave me that feeling "
Seriously.  105 hours for the first play through on normal, 36 hours for the second play through with NG+ to max out all my S.Links, (hasoutobi cannon makes everything a breeze), and another 80 hours for a fresh game on Expert.  I was so lost after finishing a game I've been playing for 2 months straight.
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Nah, there's always something else. When I was a kid I used to wish that I could forget everything I did in a game so I could experience it again but back then getting a new game was a rare occurrence so you got attached easier. Nowadays, I get bummed out more by the backlog of good stuff that I wish I could get to.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Jimbo

Yeah I definitely get that feeling after finishing a great game.  You know that whatever you play next isn't going to be as good, so what's the point playing it?  It's like that one game has ruined gaming for you forever.  

Fortunately, after loading up a few different games, sighing at them a lot and turning them off, this feeling starts to fade.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SSValis

at the end of Mass Effect 2 I was kind of pissed off after my whole crew had died and I wanted to go and get payback, but now I have to wait 2 to 3 years!

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By dtat

Persona 4 gave me that big time. I usually get that feeling when I get about 3/4 of the way through a game, and then I end up not finishing it, because then I'll be done. It's kind of stupid, but that's how my brain works. I didn't finish FF9 for years, and I ended up playing through the first 3/4 of it like 5 times.
Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pox22

Same on Persona 4.  I absolutely loved those characters, and it felt weird to stop playing that game once I had finished.  Maybe this summer I'll have time for another run-through.

No I won't.

Sigh.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FunExplosions

The title of this thread made me wanna take a dump.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zombie2011

Mass Effect 2, i stared at the credits for a while thinking i'm not gonna play a better game than this for at least 2 years.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I get that feeling after finishing most of the games I have been waiting for more than a year.
You should play Just Cause 2 that game wont end, im about 70 hours in and finished only 65%.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By lead_farmer

Felt that way after P3.  If it is a game where I really get involved I get that feeling.  Something like an RPG.  Something else like REd Faction Guerrila doesn't give me that feeling but I still enjoyed it. 

I do like the feeling of accomplishment better though.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By swamplord666

i got that feeling from KH2. 
ended up almost getting everything before beating the last boss (sephiroth was a little out of my league...) 
edit: also that feeling got stolen away from me when finishing SotC because my ex was around making jokes about what was going on at the end... Just felt like "great... fucking great... you ruined what is probably the best ending I've seen in a videogame bar none"

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Illmatic

It depends if the feeling of "when is this gonna end" doesn't show up first. A game like Lost Odyssey had me begging for an ending around the time I had to face multiple boss characters closing in on a city on a time limit while a game like Wind Waker had me wishing there were a handful more dungeons to feed my appetite. It'd be awesome to have a Zelda with dungeon DLC.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I remember having that when I finished episodes from liberty city. I was like, is that it? Great, what now, do I restart everything? Stop playing?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By JJWeatherman

I wouldn't say it happens all of the time. Occasionally though, yeah. 

Usually I'm happy/excited after finishing a game. Then I move on to another.

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mshaw006

Back in the day people used to say this about books.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It almost never happens as I usually find the endings of games very satisfying experiences, I would have to be investing massive amounts of my time per day into a game to feel like that. I did feel like that after the end of the Portal ARG though and when the Persona 4 Endurance Run ended I did have a serious feeling of "what now?".

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Rhaknar

not really, many games by the end im wishing it was over...I dont know why :(

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AuthenticM

Whenever I get attached to characters in a game or movie. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX and X gave me this feeling, but not XIII. Exactly a week ago, I finished watching Battlestar Galactica and the feeling has never been so intense. Again yesterday night I dreamt about it. Goddamn.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tunaburn
@SSValis said:
" at the end of Mass Effect 2 I was kind of pissed off after my whole crew had died and I wanted to go and get payback, but now I have to wait 2 to 3 years! "
i had the opposite reaction. i finished the game on my first try with noone dying. the ending was good but i beat the last boss easily and had no problems with the suicide mission. i had more of a "what was it?" feeling than a "now what" feeling.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By FesteringNeon

Felt like that after Fallout 3.
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah with Ocarina of Time i just could not believe it was over( it actually being the first game i ever completed) I just kept passing that final fight and hoped that i would one day play a game that would even come close to being as awesome.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

i get that with roller coaster-like drops. that's why im not always a fan of amusement parks, which is a little ironic

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zajtalan

i got that after finishing halo 2 lol jk but i did really get it after i beat kingdom hearts 2