the never ending bucket list of games

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

on my computer i have a bunch of games that i bought and never played, i look at them and i think "soon" but then something new is always here. I mean, on ps3 i dont have this problem. I grew up renting games, so the idea of not playing(buying) a game i like for years is fine. Eventually i will see the game and buy it to complete it, knowing i enjoyed what i played the first time. Example, darksiders was 10$ brand new a month ago, i rented it when it came out and loved it, and now i beat it. BUT i digress,

What are the games you have but never play and reasoning if there is one for it specifically:

Witcher 2(this game is so damn big and daunting, i could play a million things in the time it could take to even penetrate the gameplay)

Deus ex: Human revolution and DLC(i have no clue, but Steam had it for a nice price and the Jeff or Brad were up on it)

Amnesia (I got really far and then just stopped bc i was stuck...and i may have lost the save...also scary as hell)

Assassin's creed brotherhood and revelations( newest to the steam list....so last up)

lone survivor(indie bundle, Brad made it look cool but now... no time)

CaveStory+(I almost beat it a month ago... but then steam died on me for no reason, my save was gone. I want to finish it but I really really really hate starting over)

Krater({everything i typed here was real time} holy shit i own this??? my god i thought i didnt buy this...its good i have it but now when do i play it....wait, how could i not know i had this...i think i just crossed a line that i need to go back on. i cannot go down the Jeff road or (i dont know what i own and buy things at random))

splinter cell conviction (me and my friend got really deep into the coop and then he just stopped showing up)

Alpha protocol(i tried it and i think i had controller problems on my keyboard but thats not a reason to not play it)

Just cause 2(everytime i launch it, i get lost...i just cant handle most open world games, i get lost and burn all my energy doing stupid stuff, im still actively trying to get some way into the story)

Bioshock(crashed on me and would never launch no matter what i did, 2 years, a new computer and a friend telling me to play it help but i can never reinstall)

Company of Hereos and tales of war (STEAM, dollar sale....i know i gotta atleast try it out but....)

Super Brothers Sword and Sworcery( i need a full moon, but i can never show up at the right time. and i cant be bothered to mess with clocks to make it happen)

Zeno Clash (cool game has fun gameplay and interesting story... but i never get far before i get distracted)

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

I barely got about ten steam games today so I feel you.

Edit: My List:

Bastion

Gta IV: Episodes from Liberty City

Meat boy

Psychonauts

Wizorb

Uhh there's more but I cant remember the names.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'll just limit myself to Steam games, since that's where it's most prominent:

• AaaaaAAAAhhhh (or however the hell it's spelled), mainly because there's no windowed mode.
  • Amnesia, because I can't run it.
  • Bit.Trip Runner, because I'm lazy and don't have the space.
  • Breath of Death VII, because I still have a couple more RPGs to blow through before this one.
  • Cthulhu Saves the World. Same.
  • Darwinia, mainly because it doesn't like my computer.
  • DEFCON, probably for the same reasons.
  • Dino D-Day, because, again, I can't run it.
  • Hacker: Evolution Duality. I'm not sure of this one.
  • Hydrophobia, because I can't run it. Sense a theme developing?
  • King Arthur: The Role-Playing War Game, because what the fuck is this even doing in my Steam library?
  • Magicka. Can't run.
  • Midnight Run II. Can't run.
  • Multiwinia, same as Darwinia.
  • Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, because it doesn't like windowed mode.
  • Penumbra: Overture, because I can't run it.
  • Psychonauts, same.
  • Solar 2, because I don't know what the closest thing to a win condition would be.
  • Space Pirates and Zombies. Probably can't run it.
  • Uplink doesn't like my computer.
  • Superbrothers whatever, because I'm lazy.
  • Vegas: Make it Big. Again, not sure.
Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By Giantstalker

Persona 4, Dead Space 2, Halo Reach, L.A. Noire, Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, Valkyrie Profile 2, Tales of Vesperia, God of War II, Dead Island, Dragon Age Origins: Awakening, and a borrowed copy of Asura's Wrath.

I own Dragon Age II but have no intention whatsoever of finishing it.

@Video_Game_King: Just out of curiosity, what's up with your computer? You can't play almost half the games on that list, that's gotta be... alarming?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Video_Game_King said:

• AaaaaAAAAhhhh (or however the hell it's spelled), mainly because there's no windowed mode.
  • Breath of Death VII, because I still have a couple more RPGs to blow through before this one.
  • King Arthur: The Role-Playing War Game, because what the fuck is this even doing in my Steam library?
  • Magicka. Can't run.
  • Psychonauts, same.
  • Solar 2, because I don't know what the closest thing to a win condition would be.

Man that's a bummer. What computer do you have? I think it's time for an upgrade.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Giantstalker said:

You can't play almost half the games on that list, that's gotta be... alarming?

Not at all. It's par for the course.

@DoctorWelch:

It's been time for an upgrade for a long time.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

All of them. I've got this copy of Max Payne 3 laying on my desk (never played any of the previous Max Payne games and have little knowledge about them) but I've been too busy playing Persona 4 Arena and StarCraft II. Pretty much the same reason I haven't played:

• Bastion
  • Dark Souls (I played a fair bit of it when it came out but just stopped for some reason)
  • Dead Space and Dead Space 2 (DS1 keeps freezing on me; I'd have finished it if it weren't for that)
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Final Fantasy XIII (Got to Gran Pulse and stopped)
  • Fortune Summoners
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Persona 1 (might just abandon this)
  • The Witcher
  • The Witcher 2
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4

And other crap. To think I didn't have a backlog about a year ago...

Forgot that I got Dragon Age: Origins for free on Origin and Driver: San Francisco for $1 on Uplay. Got to get to those, too.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

@FluxWaveZ said:

• Persona 1 (might just abandon this)

I feel like I should support this decision, but I also feel like I've been saying that too much. Still, go for Innocent Sin, instead. It's worth it.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Video_Game_King: Spend the money man, it'll be worth it.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'd rather not post 80% of my Steam library.

I'll just say I'm working on Batman Arkham City on the PC and Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

Trying to make it through The Witcher, I made it to the second chapter last year but I lost my save and I'm having a hard time getting into it this time.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Video_Game_King said:

I feel like I should support this decision, but I also feel like I've been saying that too much. Still, go for Innocent Sin, instead. It's worth it.

I forgot to put Innocent Sin in my list, but that's one of the games I need to get to. People have been suggesting that I skip the first game, so I might just do that. Still, I feel like I should come back to it at some point. I played about 8 hours of it and I'm not disliking it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

@FluxWaveZ:

Really? Damn. I'm assuming you're playing the PSP version, and I'm also recommending Innocent Sin. You've seen the Midnight Channel; you've been through the Dark Hour; but you have yet to experience the Lisa Silverman Dance Hour.

@DoctorWelch:

I don't doubt you.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By me3639

I can totally relate. I have gone down an MMO hole currently and dont see that ending anytime soon so my white board of games i want to play continues to grow. That is why this generation(IMO) is the greatest as its not one or two great games a year it's practically dozens.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By super2j

@DoctorWelch said:

@Video_Game_King said:

• Magicka. Can't run.
  • Psychonauts, same.

Man that's a bummer. What computer do you have? I think it's time for an upgrade.

Im glad im not alone on the pyschonauts thing. also, im curious about the specs you are running in this computer..

nasseh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nasseh

@super2j said:

Super Brothers Sword and Sworcery( i need a full moon, but i can never show up at the right time. and i cant be bothered to mess with clocks to make it happen)

There's a secret room (it's not really secret) in the forest past the locked door that takes you to the entrance of the mingi taw's lair. You can change the phases of the moon in that room as you please.

Anyway, I still have The Witcher 2 to start. Still haven't finished Amnesia because I'm a wuss. And I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Phatmac

I don't have much of a backlog, but here are some games that I've been meaning to play. Trine franchise, Yakuza 4, Psychonauts, and a ton of steam games.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By crusader8463

The link below is just my Steam list. I also got a shelf full of console games that I have not touched yet. I got through about 10 of them on my PS3/360 last year, but the worst is my Wii. I re-bought the Wii and about 20 games last winter, around $400-$500 in total, on a whim and the Wii has never been taken out of the box since I bought it. I was about to hook it up one day when I realized that I needed to have AA batteries to run the remote and then had Nam style flashbacks to my Gameboy Colour days and keeping bowls of batteries around because I went through so many and just left it in the box. Plus now that I got this full time job thing I don't have any free time to get into anything. One day I hope to get the will power to just not buy new games and play these new ones. I think once the next gen rolls around that will kick me in the ass to get into it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Crusader8463/games?tab=all

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By probablytuna

Way too many to list... Especially on Steam. But the main reason for me not playing them would probably be either:

1. Too busy with the current games I'm playing

2. Not in the mood for that particular game

3. Just bought it because it was cheap and don't think I will be playing for the forseeable future (mainly due to it being in a bundle and what not)

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BaneFireLord
  • Sam and Max Season 3: I adored the first two seasons, but I wasn't even able to get further than ten minutes into 301. That fucking analog stick that pops up when you move Sam around was so janky and terrible that I stopped in protest.
  • STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl: I really should play more of this, but it seems like such a daunting endeavor. I'll sometimes load it up and then stare at the main menu for a while before turning it off.
  • The Witcher: I didn't like the feel of the combat. I'm interested in the story (I loved the short story collection) but the sheer act of playing the game was very unpleasant.
  • Spore: I played for an hour, up to the middle of the creature stage, and I shall never play it again. Utterly boring, grindy dogshit. I don't care if the Civilization and Space stages are mind blowing; the banality of the stuff I have to do to get there isn't worth it.
  • Dead Island: I'll get to it, eventually. It has everything I love in a game: zombies, open world, first person melee combat, tropical island, loot, RPG mechanics. My only issue is that it's vital to play the game with audio on to hear the zombies sneaking up on you, but when I'm exploring open world games with shitty storylines, I like to listen to podcasts or watch TV on a separate device and mute the game.
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution: I'll probably get around to this, on some rainy Saturday. It seems like a good rainy Saturday game.
  • Star Wars: Empire at War: Once upon a time, I would have loved this game to death, but my interest in RTS games has significantly waned.
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: I don't think I shall ever come back to this. "Hey Nicko! Wanna go bowling?" Fuck that shit.
  • Dark Souls: Every once in a while, I stick the disc in and play for about half an hour. Then I remember how much I hate it and turn off the Xbox.
  • Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection: I have no idea why I even own this.
  • Red Faction: Guerilla: Once the novelty of being able to break everything in sight wore off, it got dull.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Darksiders 2, but only because I haven't finished the first one yet, damn older RTS games keep holding me up!

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By super2j

@nasseh said:

@super2j said:

There's a secret room (it's not really secret) in the forest past the locked door that takes you to the entrance of the mingi taw's lair. You can change the phases of the moon in that room as you please.

Anyway, I still have The Witcher 2 to start. Still haven't finished Amnesia because I'm a wuss. And I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet.

i recognize the word mingi taw... but i have no idea where this is anymore but i guess im gunna go back and try to end this. And yo, Cow and Chicken?

@probablytuna: you basically just distilled the reasons that we all have for not playing these games in 3 salient points.

@BaneFireLord: I wish there was a mod for the witcher the made the combat better, I didnt even post that game myself bc i gave up. Funny thing is, this year i played both witcher and witcher 2 for the first time and i got farther into the original, even though the combat is way better in the sequel. And you own the metal gear collection bc metal gear solid 3 is sick (best in the series) and you wanted to play that psp game bc it was more big boss story but didnt want to buy a psp.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By retrovirus

I've got:

Catherine, Dragon Age: Origins, Resident Evil 4, and I'm playing through Alan Wake right now.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I bought both Digital Devil Saga games, played a few hours of the first one and just stopped. I liked what I played of it, but other stuff got in the way. I'll get back to it eventually.

sprode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sprode

I don't buy enough games to have ones that I never play. There are just games that get started and get left behind... Dead Space 2 was one that I only recently finished.

Right now I have Bioshock 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3 (thanks glitch), Viewtiful Joe 2, Etrian Odyssey III, Final Fantasy XII (random loot is not cool), Deus Ex, Oddworld. Maybe some others that I'm forgetting.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joeyoe31

I got a few, but not many.

• Resident Evil Revelaitons
  • Cave Story 3D (I've beaten Cave Story plenty of times, I really need to just beat this version to feel complete)
  • Okamiden (Didn't grasp me like Okami did, I feel like I have to beat it though.)
  • 999 (A really interesting puzzle VN that I just stopped playing for no reason)
  • Silent Hill 4: The Room
super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By super2j

@sprode said:

I don't buy enough games to have ones that I never play. There are just games that get started and get left behind... Dead Space 2 was one that I only recently finished.

Right now I have Bioshock 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3 (thanks glitch), Viewtiful Joe 2, Etrian Odyssey III, Final Fantasy XII (random loot is not cool), Deus Ex, Oddworld. Maybe some others that I'm forgetting.

Viewtiful Joe 2 seems like a thing that has been on your list for the last 10 years, same with ff XII, plz tell me it isnt so.