Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call announced

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

From Gematsu, this week's Jump had a page dedicated to the new game. It looks like a brand new game since it has 200 songs and 60 characters. They are adding songs from newer games (such as FF14 and Lightning Returns), and there's a new versus mode.

The biggest thing I'm taking away from this is that there's a guy who looks a hell of a lot like the guy from Mystic Quest. Which shows that they are going deep with this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for someone from FF Tactics Advance. Below is the scan.

The original Theatrhythm was already packed with songs, then they had an additional 52 songs through DLC. On top of that the iOS version added 10+ more characters and 15 or so songs, plus new mixes of songs in the 3DS version (some songs were ended at poor times, like "The Extreme"). This seems to be taking that and adding a lot more, I can't wait for this.

Edit: Just for comparison's sake. 3DS Theatrhythm had 104 songs and 29 characters. The iOS version had 111 songs and 38 characters.

No Caption Provided

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I would buy these, but I've only played three of the Final Fantasy games. I... should do something about that. Though with some much new stuff on the horizon...

Oh! Almost all of the FF games are available for Vita. Hopefully that Vita TV thing comes to the US, 'cause that'd be perfect.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome, I loved the first game. It would be cool if they made one using different games like Chrono Trigger/Cross or Xenogears

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

So fucking awesome!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I would buy these, but I've only played three of the Final Fantasy games.

Which three? This is very important.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Awesome, I loved the first game. It would be cool if they made one using different games like Chrono Trigger/Cross or Xenogears

That is a great idea. Squareenix should do one of these that encompasses their entire catalog of fantastic game music.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@toowalrus said:

IV, XIII & XIII-2.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Awesome! And weird timing. I...may have gotten back into the original Theatrhythm just a few days ago and spent another 10$ on songs for the thing. As a rhythm game I didn't like it as much as Ouendan, but it was still very fun and I ended up playing it for over 30 hours.

Something I wish that they did for some of the songs was to let you play newer versions of them. I mean, I'm ok with playing this:

Loading Video...

But would much rather play this:

Loading Video...

I also really hope that The Landing is in it this time. As for characters, put enough of the ones from FF9 in it for me to make a party of only them and I'm happy.

Ok maybe not Quina.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

@toowalrus said:

IV, XIII & XIII-2.

Good, but could be better. Throw some VI and VII into the mix. Also, IX, V, X, VIII, and maybe I if you're feeling frisky.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hot damn! I hope they add more FFIX and FFXII characters. Having to settle on "least worst" characters, even in a rhythm game was a huge bummer. Also I hope they change the method of getting new characters. Grinding for Ashe pretty much killed the game for me.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

@toowalrus said:

IV, XIII & XIII-2.

Good, but could be better. Throw some VI and VII into the mix. Also, IX, V, X, VIII, and maybe I if you're feeling frisky.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By GunstarRed

Absolutely adored the first version, I'd be into playing more Theatrhythm. I hope they keep the absolutely bonkers DLC descriptions.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

200...songs? Holy crap.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@keres said:

200...songs? Holy crap.

Most will probably be DLC.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#15 Mento  Moderator

Absolutely no surprise they're considering adding Mystic Quest. It actually has the secretbestsoundtrack of all the SNES Final Fantasies.* Yep.

I do wonder about this sequel, though. I figured some kind of updated version of the original, with some extra characters and the lionheart's share of those DLC songs, would've made more sense. But hey, if they feel like they have enough new material and ideas for an entirely brand new game, have at it. I'll probably love it as much as the last one.

* Oddly, I also think FF8 has the best soundtrack of the polygonal Final Fantasies. Since those two games ain't so hot in other respects, maybe I'm rating the music too highly in comparison?

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@toowalrus said:

@video_game_king said:

@toowalrus said:

IV, XIII & XIII-2.

I second VI and X, as those are the only ones I have played a sizable amount of and really like them both.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I hope they do away with the Event Music stages because those are terrible. But I'm sure that that is too much to ask of them.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Dixavd

The original was a fantastic game that impressively used the Final Fantasy music. I heard murmurs of a sequel being made recently and thought it was nothing... until this announcement. Such a joy the original was, so I'm psyched for this.

I honestly think these games stand out as good rhythm games outside of any connection to the Final Fantasy series (that's just an added bonus for those in the know); the music is world class regardless.