• 71 results
bigpig33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigpig33

this game looks worse then halo 1. how can somthing that took this long to make look so bad?

AutoBarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By AutoBarn

Yeah... the character models reminded me of Brute Force.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO

IDK, but I agree that game was garbage...I played the demo for 35 mins and every min it got worse

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWaterCO

IDK, but I agree that game was garbage...I played the demo for 35 mins and every min it got worse

ZoomyRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZoomyRamen

The right analog stick thing didnt work well, camera was hard to use and the fighting was tedious. I was excited for it but not anymore.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo

I, too, agree that Too Human is a terrible concept and they have released an equally bad demo. A couple of the things I felt were wrong with the game was one being the mythology of the game. Nordic, whatever it may be, it just does not translate to video games. You're wielding swords, then guns, and next you are on hovering platforms; where's the consistency. I skipped any trace of a cut-scene simply because this game looks like the first Fable (somewhat), all the figures are somewhat shiny and the characters just don't look impressive. I don't know how to word it, it's just odd. The combat for the game was tedious, repetitive and boring. Using the R-Stick for swinging your sword just does not work in an innovative way, it gets old way too fast.

I don't know, I feel like I am just rambling on but honestly it was a bad demo and I do not plan on buying the game.

Pet Peeve of Too Human: Why are the soldiers wearing falcons on their head? Give me a break.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By I_smell

I was swingin the right analogue stick around and he shot a massive laser out of his sword!

I tried for like 20 minutes to do it again, but couldn't. God knows which crazy direction I must've pushed it in.

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Schizoid

I thought it was pretty good, well, at first I thought it was terrible but after I started finding all these new weapons and facing off against bosses I got hooked in. I'm not sure if I'll buy it though, maybe if I have some extra money. Also to do the laser coming out of sword thing, you have to press the right thumbstick and left thumbstick in the same direction.

Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Justaddwater

Shoot me, but I enjoyed it. The camera is, put elegantly, complete shit. The whole moving while the cut-scene is running was crap and confusing and the combat will get really old, incredibly fast.

But the loot system is great! I'm a sucker for big shiny huge fuck off swords!

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By piecat

I liked everything (for the most part) but the melee combat, gunplay, and cutscenes.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sdodd02

Eh it was okay, I really didn't like the camera though.

TheBigTicket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheBigTicket

i loled while playing.

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolemnOaf
I_smell said:
"I was swingin the right analogue stick around and he shot a massive laser out of his sword!

I tried for like 20 minutes to do it again, but couldn't. God knows which crazy direction I must've pushed it in.
"
That's called a fierce attack and it's done by pushing both analogues in the same direction when there's no enemy immediately in front of you.  If there is an enemy directly in front of you, you can perform a mutli-hit finisher move instead, even in mid-air.  Anyways I thought the demo was great.  Hope everyone knows already that you can access the beserker by setting your 360's internal clock to the year 2009.  The beserker is fucking awesome, too.  I've played the demo like 10 times and as every class; buying this game as soon as I can get my grubby paws on it.
gunstarhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By gunstarhero

i think i am the only one who enjoyed the demo i have played it 4 times to the end with different characters ,i love the loot system each time i played i got different items and they look pretty cool,i thought the graphics looked parity good i have seen and played worse ,and the story intrigues my and i have pre-ordered to see where it go's

Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cleric

I couldn't stand the camera, the horrible controls and the jerky animations.

Deleted after 10 minutes.

It's a shame really, I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Apollo
I_smell said:
"I was swingin the right analogue stick around and he shot a massive laser out of his sword!

"
You must of pushed it Left left...
Lairdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lairdo

I was quite hyped for this game, the demo destroyed it.

Avatar image for theogvandalvideo
TheOGVandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheOGVandalvideo

At first I had some extreme reservations about the game. Playing through with a class that I didn't really like didn't help the experience. then I was told about the time trick and started working with the Berserker. People really haven't given this game a chance. There are all kinds of camera angles besides strategic. (ISO is the best). It gets really fun once you actually figure out how the game works. I for one enjoyed it and will be buying it, if not renting it.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blu_Magic

I didn't like the demo. The graphics were bad and the controls weren't that good either. Not only that but it was boring.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gargantuan

It's a pretty cool game that's being held back by the bad camera and controls, at least for me. I may buy it when it becomes cheap though.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By ZimpanX

The first impression I got from this demo was terrible, but the more I played it and got used to it I actutally started to like it.
The demo definitely could have used a more in-depth tutorial though. As for the graphics, yeah they're pretty meh but once in while they look kinda nice.

veiledmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By veiledmuffin

Damn, I feel dumb saying I kinda liked it, haha.  The graphics were pretty bad, but at least the frame rate was good. :p

Avatar image for toxicenchiliada
toxicEnchiliada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By toxicEnchiliada

it was meh

Dastardly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dastardly

Everyone is taking a crap on it, but it seemed halfway decent. I could see it getting repetitive, but I'm definitely gonna mostly likely possibly buy it. Maybe.

JazzMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JazzMaverick

I was keeping an eye out for this game....but i was a bit dissapointed after playing the demo tbh.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tec3297

I probably will rent it, but I don't think the demo was as bad as you are all saying.  The right analog stick for fighting was a bit weird, but it worked.

treefity350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By treefity350

Ok heres some of the problems I had some far...

1. Camera controls are terrible. The game has various angles but it never really follows behind you or even look where the enemies are. You have to Hold down LB and move the right stick. But while you do that your do is flailing his sword around and it takes a good few seconds for it to even turn.

2. When you die, you dont go back to a checkpoint, you get to go back into the room you were in and try again right where left off. But the way you die is annoying as heck. When you die, you see this like angel or goddess of some sort come out of this portal of some sort and pick you up. But the whole process takes longer than it should and cant skip it. It really breaks the pace of the game.

3. Combat was iffy. Sword combat is done with the Right anolog stick with combonations of holding it or tapping it in a direction of an enemy. Jeff was right about this, when an enemy was not near you, your character would pick up his feet and glide over there. The sword combat boiled down to dashing into a group of enemies and use the RS furiously and hope you dont die because there is no blocking. Gun combat is done with either one or both triggers, depending if you dual weliding or using a rifle. Its done by auto targeting but at times the auto targetings doesn't differentiate between a living enemy and a dead enemy so one or all you guns will target a dead body and you will prance around trying target on a rushing enemy.

spragels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spragels

It has its problems. If you like loot (I love it for some reason) and you have a friend to play with (I do!) it could be fun. It is nothing special so far.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ParanoidFreak

The camera drove me insane! I kept pushing the right analog stick to move it and just swinging my sword. The combat was boring too, all I did was push the stick in random directions.

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Neopezz

I enjoyed the demo and did not find the camera to be as problematic as everyone made it sound. I also enjoyed the right stick combat and the large amounts of loot that made me look awesome!

Rcwpong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rcwpong

Response to treefity:

1.  Most people hate not having full camera control but they've tried to do the best they can with the environments they've created.  Strategic and Iso seem to work fine for me.  You still may not see the whole battlefield but in order to do that you'd have zoom out to a crazy distance.  Click LB and let go to recenter the camera if you have to. I normally click it right after I slide to a new enemy.   Holding LB is really only for exploration Freelook.

2. Multiple people seem to mention this and I just don't know how to take it.  So it's good because you don't have to redo everything and get frustrated but it's bad because you have to watch a 20 second cutscene?  You do end up losing your combo meter/EXP modifier.  Your equipment will also take a small durability hit.  I dunno, seems like a good balance between brutally punishing and a slap on the wrist.  Die less?  I have yet to see this animation.

3.  The reason I have yet to see the death animation is probably because I already knew exactly how to navigate the combat.  Instead of rushing into a pack of enemies and just holding the stick, try using the slide to dash in and out.  Not only does this refuse to give the enemies a shot at you but it keeps me thinking one step ahead.  As I'm sliding to the first group, I roll the stick to point at an enemy on the outside, hit them then go back in.  If there is no outsider to slide to, I hit B to roll out and then slide back in or double tap to juggle them into the air (try it with a 2H hammer).  This pingponging back and forth made the combat very engaging for me.  It also boosts your combo meter faster allowing usage of Ruiners, % bonus EXP and just basically increasing speed and dammage.  Then I played as the other 4 classes and the Commando especially gave me an entirely different playstyle if I so chose.

It just seems that most *not all* but most negative impressions are people that play it for 10 minutes and say "This sucks".  They never really give the game a shot.  They also seem to be at the front of every message board as the people that hate it or give up early run to a board to say it sucks.  The people that give it a shot take longer, explore all that it has to offer, then post on page 3 or 4 of forums saying "I started out hating it, but now I kinda like it".  If you don't care to give it a deeper look that's fine.  Just think more about games like Diablo, Titan's Quest or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.  This game is trying to be the next step but with combat that does have a bit more depth.  Not Ninja Gaiden or DMC depth, but there is some there.

Logan_Aybara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Logan_Aybara

I just finished the demo last night (damn Silver account), and like most of you, I hated the camera.  The gameplay itself though, I thought was pretty fun, once I got used to the control scheme.  The loot variety was great, and the character custumization seemed pretty deep.  Granted I've been looking forward to this game for a while, and am slightly enamored of Denis Dyack and his crazy smart ramblings, but I'll probably buy this next month when it ships.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By roofy

the camera destroyed all hope for that game. totally unusable

gunsakimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gunsakimbo

I thought I would hate it - but the more I play it the more I really really like it.  I think you guys are dismissing it before really going through it and trying different skills, etc.  I went from thinking this is a game I would totally pass up to a game that I am totally getting when it comes out.  Brings back the old Diablo feel of staying up till 5am just hacking away (online).

As far as the camera - the default one is kind of jank because it doesn't turn with you - but if you set the camera to CLOSE (pressing up or down on digital pad changes camera) it follows your every move.  Only problem in demo is that each time you go to a small scene or new area I think the camera resets.  Hopefully that's fixed in full game.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Karmum

I wasn't a huge fan of the demo, but I might buy it, unlikely, though. I will need to see some pretty good reviews to have it be warranted as a purchase.

Bisskits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bisskits

Its a rental...at best. Looks and plays pretty awful at this point.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rain_Dog

I thought the demo was solid. Graphics were underwhelming and it's definitely not for everybody, but I think the people that do play it are going to be pretty addicted.

ZAPBoston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By ZAPBoston

The gameplay was below my expectations. I did not feel the fixed camera was as big an issue as the combat being mapped to the analog stick. Maybe I will get use to it but it seemed boring for most of the combat to simply be rotating the analog stick and usually due to auto-targeting being off, not initiating combat with the closest enemy.  I disagree with some other people, the storyline was intriguing. Given Silicon Knights past titles including Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, I would bet the story will be unique and entertaining.

Plus, since Bioshock, I have started to enjoy games with less of a death penalty so the resurrection method in Too Human didn't bother me much.

Ultimately, I guess the trade off is how much gameplay frustration the player wants to endure in order to enjoy a unique story.  

comedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By comedy

I really hated the combat., the sliding just made me mad and felt like the game was playing itself.

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThaMilkMan

My biggest gripe with the demo was that the camera just did not work for me and when it wasn't working it didn't matter all I did was wildly move the right analogue stick! ha

it seems to me like Twilight Princess on the wii, you use the controller's motion to attack but you might as well be hitting a button to do the same thing it isn't REVOLUTIONARY but it's a button masher mapped to the analogue stick

then the story partly intrigued me but seemed idunno odd, other than the camera being bad for me i liked the demo, just needs more too it!

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Scorched

I wanted to try it out but got the red rings the day it was released.

Avatar image for stapler_hernandez
Stapler_Hernandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Denis Dyack is currently pursuing to seek legal action against Giant Bomb.

Has to find some way to recoup the $70 million he shat away.

Too Human is going to sell about 100 copies in its lifetime.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By thomasonfa

It isn't that good of a game. You know what, I might get it when it is $20. I think game will be fun for coop.

Avatar image for stapler_hernandez
Stapler_Hernandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Rcwpong said:
"Response to treefity:

1.  Most people hate not having full camera control but they've tried to do the best they can with the environments they've created.  Strategic and Iso seem to work fine for me.  You still may not see the whole battlefield but in order to do that you'd have zoom out to a crazy distance.  Click LB and let go to recenter the camera if you have to. I normally click it right after I slide to a new enemy.   Holding LB is really only for exploration Freelook.

2. Multiple people seem to mention this and I just don't know how to take it.  So it's good because you don't have to redo everything and get frustrated but it's bad because you have to watch a 20 second cutscene?  You do end up losing your combo meter/EXP modifier.  Your equipment will also take a small durability hit.  I dunno, seems like a good balance between brutally punishing and a slap on the wrist.  Die less?  I have yet to see this animation.

3.  The reason I have yet to see the death animation is probably because I already knew exactly how to navigate the combat.  Instead of rushing into a pack of enemies and just holding the stick, try using the slide to dash in and out.  Not only does this refuse to give the enemies a shot at you but it keeps me thinking one step ahead.  As I'm sliding to the first group, I roll the stick to point at an enemy on the outside, hit them then go back in.  If there is no outsider to slide to, I hit B to roll out and then slide back in or double tap to juggle them into the air (try it with a 2H hammer).  This pingponging back and forth made the combat very engaging for me.  It also boosts your combo meter faster allowing usage of Ruiners, % bonus EXP and just basically increasing speed and dammage.  Then I played as the other 4 classes and the Commando especially gave me an entirely different playstyle if I so chose.

It just seems that most *not all* but most negative impressions are people that play it for 10 minutes and say "This sucks".  They never really give the game a shot.  They also seem to be at the front of every message board as the people that hate it or give up early run to a board to say it sucks.  The people that give it a shot take longer, explore all that it has to offer, then post on page 3 or 4 of forums saying "I started out hating it, but now I kinda like it".  If you don't care to give it a deeper look that's fine.  Just think more about games like Diablo, Titan's Quest or Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance.  This game is trying to be the next step but with combat that does have a bit more depth.  Not Ninja Gaiden or DMC depth, but there is some there.
"
If you expect people to read this apologetic nonsense and offer amnesty to the abomination known as Too Human, you have some strange delusions of grandeur. This game is fucking TERRIBLE. The whole game can be beaten by holding up on the right analog sticks. The controls are beyond unresponsive, so instead of condoning exploration of skill sets, Dyack makes you want to fucking squeal when you try anything but pushing up on the right analog sticks. The graphics are hideous, all the monsters are ugly and generic, and the cutscene direction is just abysmal. Note to Mr. Dyack: those animations belong in a South Park toon, not in a self-proclaimed blockbuster epic video game experience. Perhaps you should've spent more time developing than putting on a pseudo-intellectual philospher's act. Hope your whiny ass is put on the streets when this repulsive product fails critically and commercially.
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By whackmypinata

I liked it. I thought the graphics were good, but the analog got really boring after a while. It has potential, or at least it should for 10 years in the making.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By breadfan

It wasn't perfect, but I liked the demo

DreamsVisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DreamsVisions

I liked it.  I played it 5 times and wanted more.  that's almost 5 hours of time. 

any game that keeps my interest for that long is on the right track.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MOLE

I didn't care of the game, it had nice art direction and a interesting gameplay mechanics, but certain things ticked me off.  Such as your charactor sliding 20 feet in one direction to kill an enemy.

This game should have been better, and I read somewhere that its been in development for roughly 10 years.  So theres no excuse why it should have any sort of problems.

Its bullshit in my opinion

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Demyx

Damn. I was pretty excited for this game. One of the reasons for me getting a 360. You know, besides Halo 3 *eye roll*

joshdw1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By joshdw1

The demo had some problems, it's too small a slice of game to really figure out the combat system.  I think a better demo would have been an arena, where you can fight waves of enemies and get a real feel for how the combat works.   The loot system seems great, I'm excited to see what the high level armor and weapons will be like.  The skill tree seems very limited, but it wasn't clear to me if that was it or if it was part of a larger tree.  I'm excited to give the full game a try anyway, just hoping it's not too short and that the story gets better than what is in the demo.