Uncharted or Ratchet and Clank ToD

fatmonkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatmonkey33
Im gonna get a ps3 soon which one would u guys recommend getting?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want longevity, get R&C. If you want more gameplay, and a better expereince, get Uncharted.

Both are great, but it depends if you want more gameplay per square foot, or just the gameplay stretched. Both are a must buy though.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kilzombie

Both are awesome. Ratchet has more replay value IMO. Uncharted feels like a summer blockbuster movie. If you can, get the "greatest hits" version of Uncharted. I'm not sure if Ratchet is part of that too tho, but I say try to get both.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By brydello

I'd say Ratchet & Clank.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, since Uncharted is a Greatest Hits title (It is, isn't it?), get that instead, then when R&C becomes a GH title, get that too. Shouldn't be long now...

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#6  Edited By KillerFly

I'd go with Uncharted.  Then you could get Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty for $15 when it comes out this month on the PlayStation Store.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillerFly said:
"I'd go with Uncharted.  Then you could get Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty for $15 when it comes out this month on the PlayStation Store."
I totally would NOT recommend this!! Please don't! Play and beat R&CF ToD first, THEN buy Q4B from the PS Store.

If you don't... well then the whole story is very meh and makes very little sense. Please people who have never played ToD, play it first before buying Q4B.
mrclls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrclls

R&C ToD was my first Ratchet game, but I was slightly disappointed by it. I was hoping for more of a platforming game, with less emphasis on shooting. If you don't mind that, i'd still recommend it - the graphics are great and it has its moments.

I've just ordered Uncharted, now that its platinum. I think there's a demo on the store for both these titles.
Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jordan23

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrclls said:
"R&C ToD was my first Ratchet game, but I was slightly disappointed by it. I was hoping for more of a platforming game, with less emphasis on shooting. If you don't mind that, i'd still recommend it - the graphics are great and it has its moments.
I've just ordered Uncharted, now that its platinum. I think there's a demo on the store for both these titles."

Yeah, most DEFINITELY play the other R&C games bro. Especially UYA, amazing game, one of my favorites on PS2. And R&C Q4B is going to be focusing more on platforming and less on gunplay, this time around.
Loki81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Loki81

I would buy rc and rent uncharted. Uncharted is a good game but only a renter. RC is alot more fun.

dymach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dymach

I own and love both.  My suggestion would be to grab both if you can, but if you can't I'd probably have to agree with Loki81 and say rent Uncharted and buy Ratchet.  You could easily go through Uncharted on a rental.  Really though it comes down to the type of game you're looking for.  Uncharted is closer to a Gears style "stop and pop"  game and Ratchet is a free-for-all shooter/platformer.  As others have said the longevity is definitely in Ratchet's camp.  

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Dissolve

I still need to get both.

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Mattzz10

Just so you know Uncharted has just gotten trophies, so if you are a person that enjoys getting trophies, I would recommend Uncharted.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Systech

Probably Uncharted.

fatmonkey33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fatmonkey33

Well i have played the other R and C games and loved them (UYA is probably one of my favorite games of all time) so i think ill go with R and C and get uncharted whenever i get bored of that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

Yeah I'm really glad to see the upcoming R&C PSN release include more platforming, I mean I love the crazy weapons in the game,but you know, I have plenty of games where shooting dudes is the focus, I like a bit of change.

I'd say what they're saying though, Rent uncharted and play through that, and buy R&C since uncharted is a bit on the shorter side. (and actually pretty sure uncharted 'isn't on greatest hits, list of games on it are on playstation.blog tho)

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Demyx

I'm with everyone who said rent Uncharted and buy R&C, especially when Quest for Booty comes out.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By skidd

Theyre both soooo good! If you could, try to get both... not sure about in the US, but here in Europe theyve both just gone platinum, only 20 euro each! bargain.
I suppose it depends on which genre you prefer. Though both are heavy in action, Ratchet is more of a cartoony platformer. If youre more into shooters, Uncharted is the way to go

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Uncharted. Better story, better gameplay, more challenging, better graphics, and trophies.

But get Ratchet and Clank too.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By Damonation

Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted is boring.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Homer

Ratchet and clank

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Evilross

Uncharted has been one of my favorite games of this gen. Great gameplay, incredible graphics and animation, intresting story, and it actually has alot of replay value. The awards from the game cannont be completed on just one playthrough, and the highest difficulty setting is tough as nails. And now they award PSN trophies for all the awards.

Ratchet and Clank, while a good game, just bored me after a few times playing it. I own it, and have owned it for a while now, but I just don't ever feel like putting it in the PS3, its boring, the story is very lame, the game itself is super easy, and its just all around dull.

I'm not trying to say R&C is a bad game, i know it is a series alot of people love, I just think that Uncharted is a much better stand alone game, and has much more replay value.