• 91 results
kiddynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kiddynamite

Are the times posted on the front page, PST format?

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Monkeyman04

Yes, it's posted to the front page. It's going to be at around 3:30pm PST.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lord_Xp

Sooooo, 6:30 Eastern Standard Time just so everyone is clear on this.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By paulunga

12:30am GMT+1, yes?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TyCobb

It should be starting now. I wonder if it got pushed back because chat isn't up yet.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pyrodactyl

The chat isn't up. WTF is going on?

Ehker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ehker

@pyrodactyl said:

You could say it's... unprofessional.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PJ

Is there anything today? The time on the home page was removed and the chat is not up

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PJ

Chat up now!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e
deactivated-5bd08a8235d7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The time was removed because we've gone past the scheduled time. It probably goes off automatically.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fetchfox

Chats up here and seaserpent.

kiddynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kiddynamite

where can I find the chat?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By JoeyRavn

@pyrodactyl said:

@PJ said:

Is there anything today? The time on the home page was removed and the chat is not up

Patience is a virtue. Especially when we're talking about two minutes, give or take. The chat is now live. Happy?

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PJ

@Jaxley: it was still five min til the show was supposed to start so that's why i thought it was strange.

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By ICF_19XX

I missed this being at work. Now I'm being impatient waiting for it to, presumably, come out of the compressor. I need my fix, as it were. I don't even see it on Twitch. Le sigh.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WesleyWyndam

@Nicholas: You're not the only one. I keep refreshing the site only to have my hopes shattered.

Myzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Myzer

@Nicholas: @WesleyWyndam: Same. Was busy all day and missed it.

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ICF_19XX

@WesleyWyndam: @Myzer: I mean shouldn't it at least be on Twitch? Not to be an asshole about this but WHERE'S THE UNPROFESSIONAL FRIDAY 2/1 ARCHIVE?

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By evanbower

@Nicholas said:

@WesleyWyndam: @Myzer: I mean shouldn't it at least be on Twitch? Not to be an asshole about this but WHERE'S THE UNPROFESSIONAL FRIDAY 2/1 ARCHIVE?

It isn't on Twitch because it is subscriber only. No Twitch viewing for the free-loaders!

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ICF_19XX

@evanbower: Oh, that's right. Dur. I'm still looking forward to watching it.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evanbower

@Nicholas said:

@evanbower: Oh, that's right. Dur. I'm still looking forward to watching it.

Me too, I'm with you guys. Missed it during work today. Now I'm home and need that sweet sweet action. But I see Vinny is logged in right now, so I trust the Vindog will take care of us.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WesleyWyndam

Yeah, I never get to see anything live because of the hours I work.

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ICF_19XX

@Myzer: @WesleyWyndam: @evanbower: So, anyone totally sold on Dead Space 3? I don't know if I am or not. I hope it's good. The first two were so good. C'mon Visceral!

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kkotd

I need my lullaby of video gaming to put me to sleep, come on guys, at this rate, I'll never fall asleep! What? Why are you staring at me? You're telling me none of you guys have ever gotten the urge to fall asleep to Jeff's soothing voice? Come on!

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WesleyWyndam

@Nicholas: Loved the first one, still haven't played the second. I've had it installed on my PC for over a year and it just keeps getting pushed back. TBH, the marketing for the third really isn't clicking with me. But I don't know, I won't write it off until I hear more about it from other people I know who have liked the first two.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WesleyWyndam

@kkotd: HA! I fall asleep to old podcasts. I'm one of those people who can't fall asleep if its too quiet. I came to this site late(mid 2012) and I went back and downloaded all the old podcasts to listen to. Over 20GB. worth. I am currently on the 2011 GOTY podcasts.

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ICF_19XX

@WesleyWyndam: Dead Space 2 is pretty good. I've been meaning to play it again recently. I agree about the marketing. I want to pre-order the PC version. I've got Origin open right now. I have faith in Visceral.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By evanbower

@Nicholas said:

@Myzer: @WesleyWyndam: @evanbower: So, anyone totally sold on Dead Space 3? I don't know if I am or not. I hope it's good. The first two were so good. C'mon Visceral!

The first two were amazing, absolutely. I don't really know what to think about the third one. I have no reason not to believe in Visceral, but the demo definitely rubbed me the wrong way. So I guess I'm skeptical yet hopeful.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Hizang

Can't wait for Dead Space 3, I loved both of the previous entries, they managed to make a fantastic horror game that is genially scary and plays well.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WesleyWyndam: @Nicholas: I just want to chime in and give a different perspective. Now, this is entirely representative of my own thought on the matter, and isn't something I take to be categorically factual in any sense. Just my opinion.

By the end of Dead Space 2 I'd more or less totally been exhausted of the franchise. The original is, in my mind, a totem highbar for quality survival horror games. It had a lot of tension, great atmosphere, mostly excellent pacing. It knew how and when to let up on the player and give them the time to recuperate.

Dead Space 2 was a veritable jumpscare funhouse. It followed a rigid, transparent pattern of quietude, quietude, JUMP SCARE; quietude, quietude, JUMP SCARE. A lot of folks claimed it expanded the backstory of the cultish lore the first game had established, but I never really seemed to pick up on any of it. That stuff never felt integrated organically into the narrative, which was otherwise an overbearing, one-note discussion that amounted to, basically, "Hey guys. Issac is fucked up. Yo. Yo, guys. Issac is fucked up. Issac is pretty fucked up, y'all."

The second game has a couple really memorable bits, but I had been grated so much by the gameplay around them that I sort of didn't care about them. And that final boss. Don't even get me started. After a couple dozen deaths against it I finally looked up a Youtube walkthrough and noticed every Youtube strategy for tangoing with the boss involved a gun I'd neither purchased nor thought I'd need at any point throughout the game. I'd made it all the way to the end without needing the weapon, and though I'm sure there was some way to circumvent its necessity, it felt pretty devious to me for the game to have allowed the player to draw themselves into a corner without any indication otherwise. That's something games did decades ago. I thought we'd gotten past that.

I don't know. A lot of people really liked Dead Space 2. I came away from it thoroughly irritated. And I'd been a big fan of the original.

Disconnect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Disconnect

@kkotd said:

I need my lullaby of video gaming to put me to sleep, come on guys, at this rate, I'll never fall asleep! What? Why are you staring at me? You're telling me none of you guys have ever gotten the urge to fall asleep to Jeff's soothing voice? Come on!

Depressing and true.

THEY ARE MY FRIENDS INSIDE THE INTERNET BOX WHY AM I SO ALONE

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By Humanity

@HistoryInRust said:

@WesleyWyndam: @Nicholas: I just want to chime in and give a different perspective. Now, this is entirely representative of my own thought on the matter, and isn't something I take to be categorically factual in any sense. Just my opinion.

By the end of Dead Space 2 I'd more or less totally been exhausted of the franchise. The original is, in my mind, a totem highbar for quality survival horror games. It had a lot of tension, great atmosphere, mostly excellent pacing. It knew how and when to let up on the player and give them the time to recuperate.

Dead Space 2 was a veritable jumpscare funhouse. It followed a rigid, transparent pattern of quietude, quietude, JUMP SCARE; quietude, quietude, JUMP SCARE. A lot of folks claimed it expanded the backstory of the cultish lore the first game had established, but I never really seemed to pick up on any of it. That stuff never felt integrated organically into the narrative, which was otherwise an overbearing, one-note discussion that amounted to, basically, "Hey guys. Issac is fucked up. Yo. Yo, guys. Issac is fucked up. Issac is pretty fucked up, y'all."

The second game has a couple really memorable bits, but I had been grated so much by the gameplay around them that I sort of didn't care about them. And that final boss. Don't even get me started. After a couple dozen deaths against it I finally looked up a Youtube walkthrough and noticed every Youtube strategy for tangoing with the boss involved a gun I'd neither purchased nor thought I'd need at any point throughout the game. I'd made it all the way to the end without needing the weapon, and though I'm sure there was some way to circumvent its necessity, it felt pretty devious to me for the game to have allowed the player to draw themselves into a corner without any indication otherwise. That's something games did decades ago. I thought we'd gotten past that.

I don't know. A lot of people really liked Dead Space 2. I came away from it thoroughly irritated. And I'd been a big fan of the original.

Not to say you're wrong per-se but you might be remembering some things through rose tinted glasses. Dead Space 1 had just as many, if not more monster closet jumps as the second game. Both titles had a literal gauntlet like enemy section before the final encounter - Dead Space 1 the entire part when you're on the planet is just an endless onslaught of enemies in that factory/warehouse as the Marker ever so slowly moves forward. Not to mention the final boss of Dead Space 1 is much more cliche and video-gamey than that of Dead Space 2. The original also had plenty of pacing issues where some sections were a total slog - like the hydroponics lab where you had to go activate 3 pumps or something, riding that elevator up and down, flip a switch, oh monsters popped out of walls right on cue. Dialog? The dialog in Dead Space 2 was miles beyond anything we ever got in the original which basically amounter to "Isaac, the pumps are broken! Isaac, the navigation is screwed up! Isaac were going into an asteroid field! Isaac, I can't find sugar for my tea.." etc. I started to laugh every time they contacted me as I took on this role of the space plumber man fixing up this mammoth ship all by myself.

So yah, Dead Space 2 did amp a lot of things up but they fixed and improved upon basically all core mechanics of the original. There was more dialog of good quality, more involved story, bigger set pieces, fixed minor control nuances (like for instance zero-g) varied level design and so forth. Everyone complaining so much about how the series has been completely bastardized need to take a long hard look at that first game. While it was great and completely fresh at the time, it wasn't without many flaws.

LevelUpAdrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LevelUpAdrian

I NEED TO SEE THIS WEEK'S SHOW! I hopped in literally in the last minute of the show.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cheesebob

Anyone have any idea when it will be uploaded? I really want to see it!

LevelUpAdrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LevelUpAdrian

@Cheesebob said:

Anyone have any idea when it will be upload? I really want to see it!

Nope. I'm desperate over here!

(This might be a strange question, but are you the same Cheesebob that used to make GameSpot videos back in the day?)

Alpha1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Alpha1

Rick Dyer where are you now? :)

toshi0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toshi0815

I need the archived version.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Slab64

Did anyone actually watch it live? I got the impression that it was a really long show, it might need to be split up into two files and uploaded tomorrow if the filesize is above their limit of 5GB.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sayishere

OMG JUST FUCKING ARCHIVE IT.OMG

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By joshthebear

I have to say, Vinny completely crushed it this week.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41  Edited By Castiel

I had REALLY hoped it would have been up by now. I checked the site like three hours ago and nothing, so I just did something different and came back and still nothing.

I NEED my fix goddamit!

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ravelle

I had to miss half of it because I was about to pass out of exhaustion and also like to have my weekly fix.

LevelUpAdrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LevelUpAdrian

I NEED TO KNOW!

But hey, at least we can watch this amazing video presentation in the mean time:

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cincaid

I missed it as well. :(

Did they get super-drunk and forget to record the thing, or what's up? I'm jonesin' bad over here!

Woodwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Woodwater

Hopefully it'll be up by tonight. Love watching those. :)

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46  Edited By Castiel

Guys we have to be realistic. It's not going up this weekend.

Deal with it!

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RazielCuts

@Castiel: Are you deploying the Ben Kuchera defence?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JZ

What the hell am I paying for then

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By alternate

People got spoilt. Used to be TNT didn't even get archived until after the weekend. They got their system setup so that - so long as nothing goes wrong - the archive can be posted soon after finishing but if the systems don't work then they have to do it manually. I imagine it went off to the compressor before they left but it is the weekend after all.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Cincaid said:

I missed it as well. :(

Did they get super-drunk and forget to record the thing, or what's up? I'm jonesin' bad over here!

I don't remember them getting drunk. I do remember them spending some time watching a stream of some guys doing a Zelda (don't remember which one) speed run on twitch, Patrick playing ... Majora's Mask? And I believe Vinny was playing some surgery simulator game that didn't look good. I had just woken up from a nap around that time so things are kind of fuzzy. They DID go on pretty long, so I remember that.