Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club voting thread for cycle starting 6/13/2022

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello and thanks for your interest in the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. If you don't know what it is you can see more about the Game Club here. There is also where you can suggest games for future cycles, though this current vote will stay with the games listed below.

To vote in this thread simply list your top two choices with one labeled choice 1 and the other labeled choice 2. Choice 1 gets 3 points and choice 2 gets 1 point. The game with the highest point count wins. If there is a tie then I will break it, but I will not be voting otherwise.

You can vote even if you have not participated in the Game Club (and voting does not obligate you to participate but we ask that you not vote if you have no interest in participating) and you do not need to vote to participate in this or future cycles. You are also free to vote for games you are interested in and not participate if that game does not win, though it's more fun if people are willing to try games they may not be initially interested in. To avoid "ballot stuffing" I may, at my discretion, throw out the votes from new accounts that don't have prior posting histories on this site, though if one or two people create new accounts to vote that's fine (provided you do not have another pre-existing account.)

Voting will close on June 13, 2022 when the next game will be announced. I will tabulate the votes then so you may change your vote at any time prior by editing your post. Please do not make multiple voting posts in this thread, though discussion is encouraged. You can feel free to campaign for the game you want to win and make arguments why it is the best choice.

Games for which there appears to be interest will remain on the list in subsequent weeks but may be cycled out if we reach a point where there are too many nominated game for orderly voting. Games removed from the list will remain eligible to be nominated for future cycles at which point they will be put back on the list.

NOMINATED GAMES:

Telling Lies (FMV investigation game, somewhat hard to explain but based around asking questions to try and figure out a central mystery, approx 4 hours long)

Carrion (Alien slime creature Metroidvania focused on puzzle solving and traversal challenges. Approx 4.5 hours long.)

Paradise Killer (3D investigation/visual novel game set in a psychadelic paradise at the end of the world. Approx 14 hours long.)

Olija (Cinematic action platformer with a dark story and an equal mix of combat/platforming. Approx 4.5 hours long.)

Citizen Sleeper (Visual novel with light tabletop RPG elements. Approx 6 hours long. )

Bugsnax (First person adventure game with some resource management and monster trapping elements and a strong story. Approx 7.5 hours long.)

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Choice 1: Citizen Sleeper

Choice 2: Bugsnax

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’ve been highly delinquent on voting for and talking about these, but I would also say:

1. Citizen Sleeper

2. Bugsnax

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

1. Citizen Sleeper

2. Carrion

Games to vote for that I'll finish like a month after the discussion.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Choice 1: Citizen Sleeper

Choice 2: Bugsnax

... i might be bias tho since i've already beaten both ... honestly i just wanna see good discussions about them tho lol

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this was an easy one. Citizen Sleeper it is. I won't be playing again because I played it a couple months ago but I might dip back in to finish off the endings. This is such a great game and I'm excited to see other people's impressions of it!