Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club voting thread for cycle starting June 19, 2023 (last one if no interest)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

NOTE: This may be the last voting thread if we don't get responses like we did with the last one. It seems interest has waned, which is fine, it has had a good run, but while I don't mind running a game club for a few people running it for just myself seems silly. If you would like to see other games nominate them (though they won't be put up this cycle if there are already votes in) and if you have other suggestions for changes to the club feel free to post them in the main club thread. I'm happy to continue this as long as there is some interest so we'll see how it goes. If this is the end it was a fun project and I played some neat games, so thanks everyone, either way!

Hello and thanks for your interest in the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club. If you don't know what it is you can see more about the Game Club here. There is also where you can suggest games for future cycles, though this current vote will stay with the games listed below.

To vote in this thread simply list your top two choices with one labeled choice 1 and the other labeled choice 2. Choice 1 gets 3 points and choice 2 gets 1 point. The game with the highest point count wins. If there is a tie then I will break it, but I will not be voting otherwise.

You can vote even if you have not participated in the Game Club (and voting does not obligate you to participate but we ask that you not vote if you have no interest in participating) and you do not need to vote to participate in this or future cycles. You are also free to vote for games you are interested in and not participate if that game does not win, though it's more fun if people are willing to try games they may not be initially interested in.

Voting will close on June 19, when the results will be announced. I will tabulate the votes then so you may change your vote at any time prior by editing your post. Please do not make multiple voting posts in this thread, though discussion is encouraged. You can feel free to campaign for the game you want to win and make arguments why it is the best choice.

Games for which there appears to be interest will remain on the list in subsequent weeks but may be cycled out if we reach a point where there are too many nominated game for orderly voting. Games removed from the list will remain eligible to be nominated for future cycles at which point they will be put back on the list.

NOMINATED GAMES:

You Suck at Parking (Vehicle obstacle racing game where the goal is to park. Approximately 9 hours long.)

SOMA (First person horror/stealth/adventure. Approximately 9 hours long.)

Shadow Warrior 3: Over the top FPS game continuing the revival of the irreverent Shadow Warrior Series (Approximately 5.5 hours long)

Ghost Song: Metroidvania where you explore a creepy and dead world. Very much leans to the Metroid side. (Approximately 9 hours long)

Infinite Guitars: A cross genre rhythm game RPG where you use the power of music to save the world (Approximately 7.5 hours long)

Goat Simulator: A wacky, janky, physics toy game where you control a goat in an imperfect simulation where you do some un goatlike things (approximately 2 hours long for the 'main story')

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I apologize for not voting, but I haven’t had the bandwidth for a Game Pass game in recent months. Between dealing with an infant and having a number of games with longer total hours committed to each in progress, I haven’t been able to check out every game I want to. As an example, I grabbed Planet of Lana immediately when it came to Game Pass nearly a month ago, and I have yet to open it. That wouldn’t have happened this time last year.

If this is the end, then I just wanted to thank you for running this little club. Even when I didn’t participate, I enjoyed reading about some games that are (or were) freely available to me. It was definitely a worthwhile experience, at least from my perspective.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I'm on mobile and can't write a lot right now, but here's my vote for now.

1. SOMA

2. Goat Simulator

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

A vote for SOMA.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Might wanna reach out to the GB discord and see if you can get any traction there. Anyway, vote for SOMA

personz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I too vote Soma, because Toronto

Xolotl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do need the courage to get through SOMA so I'd be down.

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

1. Infinite Guitars

2. Ghost Song

3. Goat Simulator

I've never been a fan of the sneaky-hidey horror subgenre.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@borgmaster: i'm not a big fan of it either, but I know SOMA has a "safe mode" that prevents deaths and I think the generally more scary aspects of the game to still retain the atmosphere/story.

Add me as a vote for SOMA since I've wanted to experience that added mode for a while.

If the club continues, I think there are some new games on there that might entice people to come back to the club (planet of Lana, Dordogne, amnesia the bunker...). But I'll add those to the other thread if the club continues.

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe UUGPGC could get more engagement if a podcast was spun out of it. There could be @bigsocrates and a small core group of hosts and one or two guest participants from the community who at the end of each cycle talk about the game.

dtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dtoast  Staff

I love this idea and if I can do anything to boost engagement please let me know.

I vote SOMA

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to express my sincere gratitude for everyone who voted. Obviously Soma is the winner but I really appreciate people taking the time to make a selection and everyone who offered to help by nominating more games or helping get the word out I appreciate that too. As I've said this is a project I've thoroughly enjoyed and I look forward to continuing as long as there is some interest.

I definitely should perhaps consider trying to get the word out via Discord (I just personally really dislike Discord) and the podcast idea is intriguing but I'm not sure if there would be any interest in that so it's something to consider. But all suggestions are appreciated and I'm happy to continue discussing.

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Podcasts never start with an audience. I mean, it took Deep Listens years to become the 9th most popular video game podcast in Venezuela.