Sydd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sydd

Hello Syd here, new to the forum.

I have an issue playing certain first person perspective games (Arma 2, MechWarrior, Tribes Ascend) for ex. I get horrible motion sickness within minutes.

I have read online to chew ginger, drink it as tea, take a ginger supplement.

Has anyone had this issue and been ever to manage? How so?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Never.

You should play the 360 version of Marathon Durandal, though.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

yes, i had motion sickness playing goldeneye. i found eating on a full stomach helped me.

drink ginger ale it should help. if you feel it take a break from playing and then once it's gone play again.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Toxeia

Is this something to do with the Field of View? I've heard of people getting sick because of FoV in games before, but I've never known anyone who's bothered by it.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Cubical

Dont play games with a crap frame rate problem solved.

Oh and marthon on xbox sucks balls and you can get the pc version for free its been fucking free on bungies website for like 10 years.

http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

Goldeneye crap game crap framerate on a bad system known for crap frames = people vomiting this has long been proven by science.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

The comment about Marathon on 360 was because it gave people motion sickness, not because it was good.

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Eviternal

@Sydd said:

I have an issue playing certain first person perspective games including Arma 2. I get horrible motion sickness within minutes.

Firstly, welcome!

A friend of mine couldn't play Arma II due to the head-bob when moving. After turning it off he doesn't have a problem. Sorry if you've tried this without success, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vigil

@iam3green said:

yes, i had motion sickness playing goldeneye. i found eating on a full stomach helped me.

drink ginger ale it should help. if you feel it take a break from playing and then once it's gone play again.

I would think playing on a full stomach would have the opposite effect.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By 49th

Half Life 2 made me a bit motion sick. Just stop playing if you feel sick and eventually you'll get used to it. I did.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By wafflez

Locking your frame rate I hear helps.  Also, ginger root/pills/ale is the oldest sea sickness remedy, so its worth a shot. 

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By irrelevantjohn

I always thought that games can't really give you motion sickness until I played Modern Warefare 3. I know it's odd that COD4 and MW2 didn't make me sick but 3 did. As for solutions, the only thing that helped me was to turn blur off.

BTW Welcome to the forums Duder!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Vinny_Says

Damn, you're already playing video games to protect yourself from the horrors of the sun and fresh air and this is what you get? I feel bad for ya....

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Toxeia said:

Is this something to do with the Field of View? I've heard of people getting sick because of FoV in games before, but I've never known anyone who's bothered by it.

Not in these games, it's probably from the amount of camera shake. You can adjust that in ArmA at least, in the game options turn "Head bob" or whatever down to the min. I can't remember off the top of my head if it's completely gone or not but it's way less extreme than the default. I play with max though so who knows.

Also Ginger is great for anything like that, and comes in some delicious delivery methods.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Patman99

I've had motion sickness on a boat sailing on the ocean once. The first day I got really, really sick (didnt barf though but came damn close) and the second day I felt perfectly fine. Maybe the best way is to push yourself to the extreme and you wont feel as bad the next time. But also ginger works or maybe even fisherman's friend candies.