Wanna work for Giantbomb design in 2015?

brandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders,

I have some good news, we’re hiring! We’re looking for a designer/front end developer who is passionate to keep this train rolling that Dave and Alexis built. The role in particular is for a Senior UX/UI designer, so if you think you have the chops and wanna make some awesome stuff for Giantbomb and Gamespot next year, please apply! Below is the link and if anyone has any further questions regarding the role, feel free to ping me @brandon.

Sr UX-UI Designer - Req# 20416BR

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Haha, I'd love to know who wrote those preferred qualifications.

Also, @brandon, your forum account doesn't seem to be flagged as a staff or moderator account? Maybe that's not necessary if you're just posting the occasional job posting. Or maybe just a bug?

Patrician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Patrician

I have the Mile High Club achievement in Call of Duty 4 and a 4 year CS degree, I think that qualifies me as a Sr Designer. Sign me up!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrician said:

I have the Mile High Club achievement in Call of Duty 4 and a 4 year CS degree, I think that qualifies me as a Sr Designer. Sign me up!

The listing also says they're looking for "5+ years design and interactive work experience", but by all means, apply! You sound a lot more qualified than I am for the job. You know all about how there is a tango down in section one alpha.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do design work for Caterpillar, but I haven't worked on anything website related in about a year.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

I qualify for all the 'preferred qualifications' but I fear I couldn't code to save my life! Good luck to all the duders applying!

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never done Mile High Club :<

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

dang it, I already landed a design job in the bay area before I read this. DANG IT!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UI-designer down in sector 1-alpha.

vr00m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By vr00m

If gb is going towards a more tables and .gif focused front page, then sign me up. I also have SSS on DMC1, 4 and DmC.

pixelfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I DEMAND THE REVEWER IMAGES reTURN

bluefoxxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck to whoever get's the position!!! Exciting!! :)

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh man, I hope whomever is hired here and the engineer position can fix the "Hyphen in usernames means you don't get chat replies highlighted" bug. I've been holding off changing my username forever in hopes it'll get fixed.

Regardless, good luck to whomever has landed the job!

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, I hope whomever is hired here and the engineer position can fix the "Hyphen in usernames means you don't get chat replies highlighted" bug. I've been holding off changing my username forever in hopes it'll get fixed.

Regardless, good luck to whomever has landed the job!

Have you brought this issue up with any staff?

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandon

your link keeps jumping to https://cbs.avature.net/cbsinteractivecareers for me after the page loads, might wanna get that fixed.

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Silver-Streak

@baillie: Yes, a few times. Have a few threads in bug reporting. Last I knew Laika was looking into it before they moved on from CBSi, but I don't think a resolution was found.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/hyphens-in-usernames-are-enabled-but-might-have-be-1483742/ was the post I made, Rorie flagged Edgework, but I don't know what came of that either.

It's my own fault for not changing my username again after I became aware of it, but here's hoping I won't have to in the long run.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandon: any spots for an iOS developer? Would apply for that alright!