Watch GB on consoles?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Just moved into a new apartment and won't be able to get my PC set up any time soon. So I was wondering if there's any ways to watch GB content on a ps4, ps3, or Wii U? Got them hooked up to my TV. I got my girlfriends laptop I can use some times to stream from, but it's not always free.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

PS3 YouTube app to watch Giant Bomb channel, I think this still works in the PS3 browser http://gbps3.muzene.com/, and I think you can watch videos in the PS4 browser as well.

M_Short

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By M_Short

Directly on consoles... I don't think its possible without the Plex channel on a media server, plus thats for Xbox One only. I think your best bet would be to pick up a Chromecast and cast from either your girlfriend's laptop or the "Video Buddy" app which supports Chromecast.

Chromecast: Amazon

Video Buddy: Google App Store and Apple App Store

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bigmess

There's a youtube app on PS4 now as of the last update. I haven't used it so I don't know how it works.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not applicable to you, it sounds like, but the Giant Bomb website runs perfectly well on the Xbox One's Internet Explorer app. This includes video content (not sure whether audio-only content works). I commonly have my Xbox pipe Giant Bomb content to my television whenever I'm cleaning the living room or just not in the mood to sit and actively play something. No experience with it, but I'd first try something like the PS4's Browser app. If it doesn't support Flash, you can still watch non-subscriber content on Giant Bomb's Youtube page, or on a console's respective Youtube app.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I use internet explorer on the xbox one. It works fine for me. I think you need to subscribe to get the html5 option though.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yeah easier solutions would be nice, especially for subscriber content on PS4.

At this point I just mirror my iPod/iPad with the amazing Video Buddy to the Apple TV, effectively a "Giant Bomb on TV Device" the last few years.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I regularly watch GB content through the Wii U's browser. Works fine and is fairly convenient.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EthanielRain

I use PS4 almost exclusively; the web browser works just fine, as long as no other applications are running.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrWakka

@nightriff: I use the PS4 bowser fine, but I have to be logged in for it to work, only thing I cannot play is the podcasts.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mrwakka: Damn, I'll have to play around with it and see if I can get it working for me

Griffinmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great news if the PS4 browser is finally working right. Videos never played right on that thing, for me and others, from day one.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ethanielrain: You don't run into a flash player issue?

Only if I'm not logged in to the GB site, for some reason.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#16 FinalDasa  Moderator

I have watched some stuff on Youtube but occasionally Youtube's quality just doesn't do it justice. I was watching a somewhat recent QL and the framerate was TERRIBLE. 15 FPS or there about. I switched over to my PC and watched the video on the site and it was buttery smooth.

I did just recently get a Chromecast do I'll try and find a way to stream it on that, through Youtube I guess?, and hopefully that's better.

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've tried to play GB videos on PS4 through the web browser and they always had desyncronized audio. Internet Explorer on Xbox One works fine though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch straight from the browser on ps4. Just login so it plays in html5. Can't watch live stuff on ps4 though.

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Anybody know why the login work doesn't work in xbox IE anymore? Works fine everywhere else :(

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather have the live streams working properly on android first.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watch it on my Xbox One using IE; but that's because with premium I get HTML 5 videos (no flash player).

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

YouTube app on the PS3 worked great last time I used it. Only problem there is that occasionally some stuff doesn't make it to their YouTube account.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

@trafalgarlaw: I'm curious, why is that? I bought this nexus 7 so I could watch gb live streams and videos in bed, but this android video player is trash. Is there anyway to download a new one?