Watching an old "On the Spot" made me feel really old.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I wen't back on the GameSpot archives to watch one of my favorite On The Spot's "The Xbox 360 Launch" one and started remembering when that was airing and when I was watching it. Yeah, I was 16 then... I'm now 24... this generation has went on way too long... I feel really old. lol

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm about to be 21 soon, and watching old reviews of Gamespot and ign makes me feel old. Its funny how time goes by sometimes.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Hey guys, did you ever notice how time continues to march forward in an unrelenting and remorseless fashion? Crazy, right?

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone over 30 will read posts like this and think to themselves, "Uh huh, no shit."

But I'm 23 now and yeah, I feel old thinking about when Dead Rising launched.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

For me, it's not jarring that the content is so old, it's jarring how low quality the content was. It's amazing what video quality was like as recently as 2009, I decided to go back and watch old premium content and quick looks a few months ago but it's all almost intolerable right up until around the time they started doing Happy Hour live streams.

redelectric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MEMENTO MORI GUYS.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima said:

For me, it's not jarring that the content is so old, it's jarring how low quality the content was. It's amazing what video quality was like as recently as 2009, I decided to go back and watch old premium content and quick looks a few months ago but it's all almost intolerable right up until around the time they started doing Happy Hour live streams.

That's absolutely true, one of my biggest internet pet peeves is when I see a 2013 comment on a YouTube video that was uploaded in 2008 that's all "...dur dur filmed on a potato dur dur which pixel is Clint Eastwood dur dur..." 360p was a perfectly reasonable resolution for a web video five years ago, you YouTube dipshits... Fucking Christ I hate those people.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By tourgen

dude hate to say it but a lot about life can feel like Groundhogs Day. Not everything, but enough things. Wait a few fashion/fad/election cycles and catch yourself saying "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this" one morning.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By penguindust

I listened to the "This Year" podcast for the Hot Spot 2006 at work today. Many of the stories were about the pre-launch and launch of the Wii and PS3. It's funny listening to the guys' (and gal's) impression of what these consoles would be like. There was a great bit about how Curt Schilling was starting up his own video game company. That didn't work out too well. Hindsight can be amusing.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im 29 and always watched on the spot. its absolutely the reason that im here now. it really sucked experiencing it all fall down but im really glad good things came of it.

fun tip if you thought the old vids were fun to begin with, they used to stream in WMP so you could actually set the play speed slow. and everyone would sound waaaaaaaasted. lmao, well i have the rest of my night planned.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You feel old because you went from teen in high school to adult during that time.

I was 22-23 when the generation started and really don't feel all that different.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing changes. Anime is still for jerks.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuud said:

Nothing changes. Anime is still for jerks.

Anime never changes.

Anime has changed.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was 11 when the generation started. Now i feel old thinking about it.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ThePickle

@penguindust said:

I listened to the "This Year" podcast for the Hot Spot 2006 at work today. Many of the stories were about the pre-launch and launch of the Wii and PS3. It's funny listening to the guys' (and gal's) impression of what these consoles would be like. There was a great bit about how Curt Schilling was starting up his own video game company. That didn't work out too well. Hindsight can be amusing.

Those are so great. Hearing Jeff and Carrie in the midst of their "points" craze or Jeff and Rich in the midst of their Razor Callahan/Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift craze is so good.

I've also started to go back to a lot of the 2009 Bombcasts (specifically the summer ones). I remember listening to those when they first came out in the summer from 8th grade to high school. Now I'm off to college. Yo time man.

Loading Video...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was 23 then. whippersnapper

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever, grandpa. Nobody wants to hear about the good old days at Gamespot. Just give us back our frisbee already!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wjb said:

Whatever, grandpa. Nobody wants to hear about the good old days at Gamespot. Just give us back our frisbee already!

But... but it's in the backyard!

WITH THE BEAST!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By colourful_hippie

@tourgen said:

dude hate to say it but a lot about life can feel like Groundhogs Day. Not everything, but enough things. Wait a few fashion/fad/election cycles and catch yourself saying "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck this" one morning.

word

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By jakob187

You know what makes me feel old?

Korn's title album, their first album ever released, will be 20 years old next year.

THAT makes me feel fucking old.

Know what makes me feel older?

Metallica's Master of Puppets is 27 years old.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I decided to watch that episode. It's so hard to look at that without laughing at how old everything is. The old dashboard, the SD quality, the iPods...

Also, "Smell you losers later!"

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@jakob187 said:
Know what makes me feel older?

Metallica's Master of Puppets is 27 years old.

Would you say that your life burns faster?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By toowalrus
Loading Video...

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

That's how I felt when I was listening to old Retronauts episodes today.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@mrpilkington: Just wait until your childhood is resurrected for ironic entertainment, which, seeing as your twenty-four now, shouldn't be that far off.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mchampton: yeah .. i remember the berlin wall .. that shit went on for way too long .. i feel old

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jakob187 said:

You know what makes me feel old?

Korn's title album, their first album ever released, will be 20 years old next year.

Ho. Ly. Fuck.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Totally. I remember listening to an episode of 1UP Yours! in 2007, talking about loving Portal, Mass Effect, and BioShock, and I was in High School. Now we've gotten sequels to all those games and I'm starting my last year of college. Time flies. Hell, Mass Effect 2 came out 3 years ago!