What did you think of the Big Live Live Show: Live?

• 149 results
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

Lets give some feedback to the Whiskey Media crew. What did you like? What did you hate? 

I enjoyed the show, although it was far too long. It seemed like they ran out of material pretty quick and stretched out what they had. I totally enjoyed the interviews. It probably goes without saying the Screened.com stuff was priceless. 

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By No0b0rAmA

I'd get a membership if they recorded that and posted it for subscribers. I missed it because I was at school. Is it worth watching for 8 hours?

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By empfeix

I liked that guy who played 11 string (i think?) bass.  After that I turned it off.  Seriously anymore and I would have suffered brain damage.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Heartagram

It was entertaining but some of the segments were awful. Comic Vines in Particular. That being said I'm excited for what Giant Bomb will do live in the future.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I did not watch it all. But some parts reminded me of the really bad late night talk shows. 

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By 1p

Two words: Super gangsta.

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Dylabaloo

Tested reigned supreme! Denizens was the best worst movie ever!

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adoggz

shit was bananas. B A N A N A S. everything tested did was crazy and I want dance central NOW

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By plop1920

Really enjoyed it, cant believe I sat there and watched the whole thing. Screened had the best segments imo

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By apathylad

I stopped watching it after awhile. I don't have that kind of endurance for a 7 hour telethon. Was there even a schedule of what events were going to show up? That would have made it easier to only watch the segments I was interested in. 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

It got better as it went along. I'd enjoy more live content if they get some more experience and more planning. Tested was great.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By sixghost

The GB, screened, and tested guys were great. Really didn't enjoy the comic vine parts, and the Harmonix stuff got a bit old after their 3rd/4th segment. 

Overall pretty great though.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dany
@No0b0rAmA said:

" I'd get a membership if they recorded that and posted it for subscribers. I missed it because I was at school. Is it worth watching for 8 hours? "

go to justin.tv/giantbomb they are all up there or they wil be soon 

Anyways, I had to stop since my internet decided to act like shit 2-3 hours ago but i'll catch them over the weekend 

EDIT: Just realized they are not done....when does it end, in 50 minutes
Videogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Videogames
@Bib said:
" Two words: Super gangsta. "
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By C0V3RT

I jumped in and out over the duration of the show  but over-all thought it was pretty entertaining.  Intern Steve pissing off Jeff with the DLC question and Jeff's response was probably my favorite moment.

teeknuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By teeknuts

Needed more Denizen.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Grissefar

Most of it was awesome. Loved the gadget stuff, the Denizen stuff, the Dance Central stuff and the Greg Kasavin stuff.  The only segments that sucked were: Taking apart the PS3, Heroes on the Move and all the Comic Vine stuff. I was also sad to not see Vinny Caravella show up in front of the camera :)

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Aarny91

From what I watched it was good. I need to go back and watch the rest again.

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sorrowsan

ive only really been on giantbomb. the show has opened my eyes to tested and screened. definitly checking them out now

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#20  Edited By EpicSteve
@Sorrowsan said:
"

ive only really been on giantbomb. the show has opened my eyes to tested and screened. definitly checking them out now

"
They are fantastic sites.
cordialsnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cordialsnail

Tested did really well I thought.  I've really grown to like Will Smith as part of the WM crew since I first heard of him on that fateful April Bombcast Episode.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By beforet

It was pretty good at some parts and pretty boring at others. The movie they were streaming was horrible in the best way possible. The JTV chat sucked though, especially when it got to the comic vine segments and the entire chat turned into a long chain of "oh my god BOOBS"

Overall it was fun.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bones8677

This is what the whole experience was like for me...

You want to load the page? Please wait 20 minutes.
 You want to load the page? Please wait 20 minutes.

You want to go onto Giant  Bomb? Please spam refresh until it comes back. Then have fun for 5 minutes until it crashes again.
 You want to go onto Giant  Bomb? Please spam refresh until it comes back. Then have fun for 5 minutes until it crashes again.

But hey, I did enjoy this.

No Caption Provided
The Screened.com's Denizen segments were easily the best part. Those guys need to do a Rifftrax for movies like that. That movie was totally in the spirit of the crappy movies of MST3K.
SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SquirrelGOD

Loved everything except for the Comic Vine stuff.  Seriously, their segments were not in the least bit thought out and were just completely boring.  That being said:  BRAD SINGING FUCKING "SPACE ODDITY"!  Holy shit, that was awesome!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Vinny_Says

I watched all 7 hours...Loved what Tested did, laughed my ass off watching Ryan laugh his ass off during screened, and I know I'll get the typical: "Internet fag always has to complain!!!" but the comicvine parts were very weak.  
@EpicSteve said:

"  Lets give some feedback to the Whiskey Media crew. What did you like? What did you hate?  
Hope that answers your question.
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Thupah dope, though Comicvine's battles should probably stay on the forums.

Skyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Skyler

Comic Vine's segments were awful. Didn't really care for the Screened segments either, but everything else was cool.

AngerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By AngerPanda

Really liked the segment with Greg Kasavin and Bastion.

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Inf225

This is easily the best thing Whiskey Media has done! An entire day of awesome shenanigans, im just sad that its over. Tested easily stole the show which surprised me since I don't really go to their site. Comic Vine was pretty bad though, maybe it's just be but nothing they did was interesting in the least. 

I just hope this isn't the last one of these. Looking forward to the friday thing!

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MaddProdigy

Weak. Just selling us their other sites and subscriptions. An occasional funny segment, but generally really awkward. Seemed like barely any GB, maybe because the other segments really got dragged on.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't know who hair guy was and i don't care.

jeremy.hasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jeremy.hasse

It was pretty great - missed about 5 hours of it though because I was at class in the middle of the day.

I look forward to seeing these types of things weekly, thanks for all the hard work, guys.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead

What little I saw seemed like fun though I agree that it felt like it went on too long. By the time I got out of lectures, everyone seemed a bit strung out.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Brad singing Space Oddity basically totally made me pay for the yearly subscription.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By meteora

I've only watched the last hour segment or so of the show. It was pretty awesome in its own right, but some of the content didn't interest me at all. Comic Vine in particular. I don't really hold anything against them; just that I'm not in particular interested in what they've got to say.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Darksaw

I watched it all and really enjoyed it. It did become rather dull at times but overall it was great!

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By NickLott

I really enjoyed the BLLSL, they need to do this at least once a year. Like PBS subscriber drive.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Alex_V

Enjoyed it all - well done to all of them. Just like hearing those guys chatting - they don't need to try so hard with 'segments'.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By vaiz

It's a good case for the Friday live show (The Little Live Live Show Live?). It dragged on a bit too long at seven hours, but I think a more concise format fit into an hour/hour and a half tops would be hella entertaining.

Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SomethingClever

Initial impression without actually seeing very much of it due to internet problems on my end as well has having to work during most of the show. 

I pretty much loved all of it but if I'm being honest the Comic Vine stuff didn't really entertain me.  I do like comics (I did previously manage a comic book store for a couple of years) but I've just never found myself jumping into that part of Whiskey Media so that could be it, I just don't know them very well. 

Highlight of the show for me, at least in what I saw...  Adam Boyes or maybe John Drake.  Nothing specific, just like those dudes.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LiquidSwords

It was really fun! Had a great time in the Chat until it broke, Hung out at the screened for the remaining hours. I love Comics but even I know comic talk is boring!

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Landmine

The Live show was awesome, I sat in this chair and watched the entire thing.

martindn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By martindn

Definitly enjoyed tested/screen aswell as the giantbomb crew, didnt like the cringeworthyness of the others but you gotta enjoy sara lima whatever shes in haha.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ISuperGamerI

It was a good show but I agree it was a bit too long and not as funny or entertaining as their normal videos.

captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By captainfish

The whole thing was great. I'm used to long streams like this, specifically the Desert Bus one, and some LP playthroughs. It was enjoyable.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vorbis

Loved it, big thanks to Whiskey Media for doing it. I escaped to the Screened chat as it was less manic there and actually readable.

Tested stuff was great, Bastion looked awesome, Move seemed more accurate than I thought, Screened was crazy (especially when the double close line ghillie suit monster striked), Drake, Pope, Whitta and Boyes were all great guests. Comicvine stuff went over my head, but due to me having no clue about comics, good time for pee/tea breaks.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zidane_24

Comic Vine dropped the ball, didn't really care for the Apple talk, other than that I loved it. Denizen and Bacon were personal favorites.

Slique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Slique

I really enjoyed all of it, actually (the Denizen stuff in particular, along with Jean Baudin's appearance). Having said that, the Heroes on the Move segment was pretty awful; the whole game just looks like a pointless, mini-game fuelled attempt at shamelessly milking three separate franchises. Plus, the PR lady hosting didn't seem to have the faintest clue what she was talking about, and going off on huge, long-winded tangents in an effort to dodge simple questions wasn't fun to listen to. 

I genuinely felt bad for Ryan having to clutch at straws in order to make it even the least bit interesting.

However, Brad singing Bowie was incredible.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#49  Edited By Sin4profit

i don't wanna sound like a dick but comic vine was the weakest. Probably a difficult thing to present in video form, i'll give'em that.
Giant bomb, i can barely even remember what they did...a few game previews...i think playing some dumber games would have made their part more fun. Loved to see Greg though and that game's personality looked really cool
Tested, i really liked their testing of "as seen on TV" junk. that was fun. 
I liked the 11 string bass dude, wish i could remember his name now, he was cool, that bass was fucking amazing.
i think i liked the Screened bit the best as a huge fan of MST3K that stole the show for me.

baring in mind that i was mostly listening to the show as i was doing other things, i thought it was great compared to how these things usually go....was actually suprized the stream held up the whole time.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jimbo

It could have been liver.

Srsly, I thought it went pretty well overall.  Some decent game segments, some excellent Sara segments, a few crazy Tested segments.  Considering the amount of time they tried to cover it was surprising how little of it was plain bad.  A regular Small Live Live Show: Live has potential I think.

The guys & gals behind the scenes did a great job of making it seem effortless - which I'm sure it was far from - and Ryan did a stand-up job anchoring the craziness going on around him.  Duder has been killing it in recent weeks, imho.