• 68 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Personally I'm burned out of Assassin's Creed, Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Kart.

What about you?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

AC a little bit. But Final Fantasy has me totally burned out.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be a big Mass Effect and Halo fan, but I'm completely burnt out and done with them and I'm getting that way with Assassin's Creed as well.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By ch3burashka

It's "burned out on," not "off".

Nothing yet...

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Assassin's Creed and all First Person Shooters. I'm still going strong with most other favorites.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bell_End

i mix the games and franchises i play up quite a lot so i never really get burnt out on any of them.

never play the same genre back to back. never play a game from the same series back to back.

i think if you get burnt it's your own fault

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cod, GTA, and I was done with AC after 2.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeust

Nothing yet...

Yep, thanks!

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osaladin

I'm just burned out on bad or mediocre games. If a game in long running franchise can still wow me, or is really good, I'll play it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

None I suppose, I played one Call of Duty and enjoyed it and wasn't dumb enough to buy the exact same product again. AC has excellent and unique multiplayer so that's what keeps me going on that front (also always a visual treat even if the single player gameplay can be middling).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm burned out on all big franchises in their current incarnations.

If they completely revamped Assassins Creed or Gears of War for the new generation - brand new gameplay elements and such I'd be interested again.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By djou

Final Fantasy, God of War, Wipeout, Ratchet and Clank. These are the ones I've played and have become sick of, but there are numerous annual franchises that I'm just as burned out on. A bunch of shooters and fighting games, all the usual suspects...

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By artelinarose

Gears of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Killzone... Basically most shooters. I still really like Halo, but that has the virtue of having an interesting universe backing it up.

leftie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By leftie68

Gears of War, Halo, and AC.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Halo, primarily. It has an unexciting universe weighing it down. So dull.

Edit: And Assassin's Creed. Grew tired of that franchise mid-way through the second game.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By forkboy

I think I might be burnt out on Football Manager. I've barely touched it these past 6 months. And that's after buying probably about 95% of the games they've put out since Champ Manager 2. Yeah I've had spells where I haven't touched, but this is the longest I've gone without any interest in the newest version since the original move from the text match engine to 2D because Champ Manager 4 was a broken mess. So I think I skipped 2 editions after that.

Other than that I don't know. Assassins Creed maybe? But if the next one is great I'm sure I'll love it like I did Brotherhood. Don't play any of your CODs, Gears of War, Halo or anything like that, & I'm still super excited for the new GTA game. Still enjoy Rock Band 3 from time to time, still love my Paradox strategy games. I didn't love Civ5 as much as I did Civ 4 or 3 or 2 but part of that is just because it runs pretty badly on my machine.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Assassin's creed, Mass Effect and Battlefield. Mainly because there was a time when I was seriously enthusiastic about those franchises and the recent entries have checked me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Shooters

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stonepawfox

mmos, dota, rhythm games

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jeust

@bell_end said:

i mix the games and franchises i play up quite a lot so i never really get burnt out on any of them.

never play the same genre back to back. never play a game from the same series back to back.

i think if you get burnt it's your own fault

Personally I don't think it is a bad thing. I like immersing myself in the games I play, soaking in all that they have to offer. If a genre or a franchise doesn't have any more to give, why bother playing subsequent games that don't add anything else?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King

None that I know of.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jeust
abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Assassin's Creed.
New Super Mario Bros cause NSMB 2 was so incredibly booooooooring.

heis24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By heis24

Halo. The new game looks and plays awesome, but I can't play for more than 15 minutes before growing bored.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

@jeust said:

@video_game_king said:

None that I know of.

Not Fire Emblem? hum hum :P

The Fire never burns me. I can handle the Flame.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Alexander

Nothing yet...

I'd go with "burnt out" myself. I thought most people did although I think if you have an American accent they would sound similar.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Assassins Creed, and I haven't played since Brotherhood. I watched the end of Ezios story on YouTube. Unlike CoD or other shooters which are easily digestable rentals, AC is so story heavy that making it a yearly slow drip has bottomed out my interest in the franchise. I still like the gameplay but I can't bring myself to play another one.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#29 fisk0  Moderator

I don't know, GTA is the only one that really comes to mind. I was never all that into COD, GOW or Assassin's Creed, so I wouldn't say I'm more burned out on them today than I was starting off, and can still have fun times with them at times. But GTA went into a direction I didn't care for with GTA IV - or, well, not so much that I was opposed to the tone they tried to go for as much as I felt it didn't work the way it should - it clashed with the actual gameplay, and seems like they are continuing with that in GTA V, so I'm not sure I'll even pick that one up when it's out.

Other than that, I don't know, maybe StarCraft and the Blizzard style of RTS games. The RTS genre is almost dead at this point, but almost all of the games that are still getting released in the genre follow the Blizzard design, both in UI and gameplay. What got me into RTSes, and the games I still enjoy in the genre were the Westwood and Cavedog style (i.e,. stuff like C&C, Dune 2/2k/Emperor, Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander, KKnD, Warzone 2100 and Dark Reign). Well, at least I've got Planetary Annihilation to look forward to, assuming they'll be able to get it done with the relatively low budget they got through Kickstarter.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By crusader8463

Nothing comes to mind. I don't really have any franchise that I'm super into that is being annualized. Pretty much all the big games that get yearly upgrades are not something I'm really into. Thinking back the closest thing to a big franchise I have had any interest in is the AC games, but I was never really all that invested. Would be nice if they took a break with that series though. There has never been a game that benefits from being annualized.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By AlexW00d

Most big franchises, not 'cause I am some sort of hipster or whatever, but they just never seem to deliver on what they promise, and never really try much different.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iceman228433

For me Halo and Gears of War for sure, I can still play Call of Duty but not as much as I used too.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By bacongames

In the sense that I had no interest in continuing along with the franchise, I think I'm more or less done with Assassin's Creed unless they really nail it with Black Flag. That's the only one I can pin down so far. I'm potentially about to reach that point for a few games but I don't know yet until I've played the next ones.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Crash Bandicoot and The Last of Us, someday I hope Naughty Dog will get back to making those classic Uncharted games and giving them a modern spin.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By MildMolasses

Assassin's Creed. If they hadn't made the naval combat in AC3 so great, I would have written them off entirely

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Call of Duty, I have bought them all since 4 and have played them less each time. I really dont even know why I bought Black Ops 2, the single player was good but the multiplayer is really stale.

Assassin's Creed has just been getting worse since Brotherhood. Revelations and 3 were just not that good.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Assassins Creed, and God of War.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By gaminghooligan

Assassins Creed

Call of Duty

Gears of War

time for a new direction with all these, and hopefully whatever the next Battlefield does actually makes it a better game because I got burnt out on BF3 real fast

demento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I love Gears of War, but I didn't pick up the newest one, I am not ready to jump into the world yet again. I usually get every other Call of Duty lately, so I will probably skip the next one. Halo 4 never really caught me either. I would like to see some "next-gen" games set in the Mass Effect universe.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crash Bandicoot and The Last of Us, someday I hope Naughty Dog will get back to making those classic Uncharted games and giving them a modern spin.

Your soooo funny...

You are tired of a trilogy of games spread over 5 years while we have annual franchises like CoD, Halo and AC?

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ViciousReiven

Assassin's Creed is the only series loved 2, but with the annual releases ever since I've had too many other games to play to pick them up, and by the time I was ready to go back to it there have been too many releases some of which arn't even good anymore.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Modern Military First-Person Shooters

Any RPG put out by Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc)

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Live2bRighteous

I've been burned out on any RTS or fantasyish medieval games ever since the beginning of my existence. It's a curse.

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By tread311

Pretty much anything that comes out yearly or bi-yearly. It's just not enough time.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have to say Call of Duty. I used to play so much back in COD4 and MW2. I wish I still enjoyed these games, they were a great time killer.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still play the COD games but I think having at least a year without one may be nice. I would have to say Assassins Creed. After Brotherhood it just seemed to go downhill.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oraknabo

I've got no interest in playing another Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed again. Actually, I will probably be taking a break from EA and Ubisoft overall for a while--unless Watchdogs is worth it.

Also just about all FPS games that don't do anything new or interesting and I don't really need any new cover shooters either.

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikeW1980UK

Giant Bomb

In all seriousness, any game that is made into a competitive "sport", Starcraft, MOBA's. Mass Effect, but only because people kept on complaining about it.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By THRICE_604

Halo and Gears, probably one of the biggest factors in my disinterest in the Xbox One is the only Microsoft first party games I enjoy I'm totally done with. Halo 4 I burned out very quickly on when past Halos I played for years. Gears I only played for campaign and didn't even get excited for Judgement and ultimately never picked it up.

I'm hesitant on Assassin's Creed after 3, but I'm trying to not confuse burned out on the franchise with disappointment with AC3. AC4 could potentially be awesome, everything before AC3 was awesome. One bad game does not invalidate making more of them if they are good.

But oddly enough I think I'm playing more Call of Duty than I have in years. I didn't play a lot of MW3 and Black Ops 1 and BO2 reinvigorated me into the franchise. And I don't understand people saying their done with Mass Effect. I am totally down for more Mass Effect. This goes back to confusing your disappointment with the last game with franchise fatigue. There has only been 3 games in the last 6 years, thats not franchise fatigue. And ME3 was amazing, people need to lay off it. If they make another game I'll be there.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By spraynardtatum

Assassins Creed, Angry Birds, Gears of War, God of War, CoD, Possibly Battlefield if 4 doesn't grab me more than 3 did.