What Games You Guys Waiting For One More Price Drop To Buy??

• 71 results
D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By D_Bones

So this may not mean brand new games but also games that have been out awhile but seem to avoid being dropped down forever. As I normally game like a dirty old miser and almost never buy a game without it becoming less than full price I was wondering what games you guys are waiting for??

Personally I've been waiting for Darksiders 2 to drop into the thirty dollar range where it has been fifty plus in retail stores forever. I'm also planning to grab DmC when it gets out of its sixty dollar range. And I guess my last one would be Amalur which I am being completely cheap about (mostly because you guys even suggested the game was flawed) to become twenty (as I have a 50 dollar EB gift card which would be cool to use on 3 old games fifteen to twenty dollars each :D).

So to the other dirty old misers?? Who's outwaiting a games price??

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

A bunch of games but the one I'm keeping my eye on still to this day is Minish Cap. I just don't think it is right to pay $25 for a used copy so I'm waiting for the moment I can get it cheap or it is finally on the 3DS eshop

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pr1mus

All of them.

I'll be buying GTA V day one provided there is no massive fuck up on Rockstar's part but i'll be using a gift card anyway.

Besides you don't have to wait long these days for games to go on deal if you don't limit yourself to buying from only one place.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Every game except Halo games, Gears games. those are Day 1 always

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@d_bones: there was a weekend about a month ago where Best Buy was selling Darksiders II for $14.99

I always wait for games to go on sale or price drop before getting them. If you don't already I suggest you head on over to the forums at cheapassgamer.com, users are always posting where deals are happening.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Halo 4 and the Dead Space 3.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oraknabo

I still haven't bought Sleeping Dogs or Far Cry 3 but I'd easily pick both up for < $35 at some point. I need to get a copy of Vanquish & Binary Domain. I'd Like to try Shadows of the Damned too, but probably wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

I want to play Tomb Raider, but I'm only interested in about half of that game, so I may wait for it to at least drop below $40.

I'll be buying GTAV full price (I always get my $60 worth from from Rockstar games), probably Thief and maybe Watch Dogs too when they're out. I know my wife's going to want Bioshock Infinite on day one, but other than that, I don't have many games I just can't wait for.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm waiting for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron to hit at least $25. Borderlands 2 & Dead Space 3 needs to be $30.

@oscar__explosion:I was just about to tell him that. I got the game that same day it hit $15. CAG is a great site.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By D_Bones

@oscar__explosion: hmm best buy in which country? I'm in Canada bud, I don't think it dropped that much up here but dunno.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DmC. WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IT BUT NO RUSH TOO, GONNA WAIT TILL IT GETS A STEAM SALE

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jgf

Borderlands 2 GOTY and both COD: Black Ops. As of writing this I decided to check prices on the first black ops. Finally it dropped. Somehow old COD titles still cling to their high price even after more then 1,5 years... But I am patient and I don't want to spend more money on a single time 6h action movie experience (I'm not interested in playing them online).

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for Sleepy Dawgs to drop but I saw the GB quicklook of it yesterday and I don't know...it looks pretty tempting.

LornHg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PSVita console! lol

It'll surely drop sooner or later

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal gear riseing

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I waited on a good deal for Asura's Wrath so long that it's not really available around here anymore; Capcom games don't seem to go on sale the way other games do, you may be waiting a long time on DmC.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d_bones: I have the hardest time remembering that people can be from more areas than the US or Europe. You said you were waiting for a certain "dollar" amount and my brain automatically processed that as "well he didn't say Euro so he must be from the US!"

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider are both games i'd love to play, but i'll wait till they're like 30 bucks each on amazon, which honestly wont be long. i'll grab them during the summer game drought

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By joshthebear

Tomb Raider and DmC for sure.

skadave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DmC = $40

New Sly Cooper = $30 (I missed Best Buy's sale a few weeks ago)

Tomb Raider = $40

Ni No Kuni = $30

My backlog is quite full right now, so i am in no rush to buy a new game. But if any of the games above reach those prices, i might pick it up (DmC for sure. . . i loved Enslaved).

Thandurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see Dishonored go on sale.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have a vague sort of interest in SimCity, and kinda want to mess around with it even though I hate the reduced scope of the whole thing. But I really don't want to spend more than like $30 on it, so I might be waiting a while on that one.

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

007 Legends.... MAYBE $20, but that's kind of pushing it.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XCOM, more for the complete edition than being specifically caring about the 50 vs. 20 thing though.

When I am really interested in a game and know it is from a company that does strong expansions, it does not make sense to purchase since there is no way I'll go back to something I finished 6 months ago. Dishonored (which came out around the same time) is also in the wait category, but that is more my like the designer but not caring for a lot of what I've heard about it.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the entirety of the xbox 360 library. not really, but sort of. there's lots of games i would check out, but steam has me on a short leash.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've been waiting for Diablo 3 to get down to the $30 range unfortunately the one time I saw it on Amazon for 30 there was some weird stock issue so I just cancelled my order. Now I might just wait to see how the console version comes out.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By myniceicelife

@d_bones I remember getting Darksiders and Darksiders 2 with all the DLC for like $13 during the Steam sale on the PC, so too bad you missed that or don't have a PC to play them on.

I'm waiting for a better deal on Tomb Raider, DmC, and Dishonored for the PC as well as waiting for Euro Truck Sim 2 to go back on sale (was on a cruise when it was on sale on gmg a few weeks ago).

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Space 3 if it comes down low enough and possible Aliens: CM since I'm still intrigued by how bad it is and I won't be paying anymore than $20 for it.

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of them.

Even though I read this site and want to support the industry, more games are released than I can keep up. Doing a day one purchase makes little sense when I got so many great games still to play.

Digital distribution and Steam sales is a blessing for me, I just hope its not the doom of the industry.

Pikawai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the moon, Faster than light and Hotline Miami.

I know they aren't that expensive but I still can't get them until a sale or price drop.

OGred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OGred

Well i'm holding out for Sleeping Dogs GOTY. Doubtful it'll happen though, Square Enix isn't known for goty editions :(

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By BBAlpert

DmC and maybe SimCity if it gets its shit together.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#32  Edited By BeachThunder

Interesting question.

• Tomb Raider
  • DmC
  • Darkspore
  • RAGE
  • Rayman Origins
  • Runner 2
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Proteus
  • Thomas Was Alone
  • Far Cry 3
  • Deadlight
  • I Am Alive
  • The Bridge
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By FancySoapsMan

a bunch of nintendo games, though unfortunately those dont go down in price very often

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By D_Bones

@beachthunder: i'm not sure if you are a PC gamer and are waiting for a ridiculous steam sale or something but in retail Rage, Rayman and Red Faction are all twenty or less...pretty much everywhere also all of those games are fun.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Andorski

Again I've been thinking about playing through the entire Mass Effect series on PC. When the next Steam Sale hits and I can grab both of those games for $10-15 I'll probably grab it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait until Tomb Raider drops a little bit. I missed out on that $30 deal, so I'll wait until I can get it near that.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@d_bones said:

@beachthunder: i'm not sure if you are a PC gamer and are waiting for a ridiculous steam sale or something but in retail Rage, Rayman and Red Faction are all twenty or less...pretty much everywhere also all of those games are fun.

Yep, waiting for ridiculous Steam sale; they're all games I want, but not desperately so.

btsjigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By btsjigs

@oraknabo said:

I still haven't bought Sleeping Dogs or Far Cry 3 but I'd easily pick both up for < $35 at some point. I need to get a copy of Vanquish & Binary Domain. I'd Like to try Shadows of the Damned too, but probably wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

I want to play Tomb Raider, but I'm only interested in about half of that game, so I may wait for it to at least drop below $40.

I'll be buying GTAV full price (I always get my $60 worth from from Rockstar games), probably Thief and maybe Watch Dogs too when they're out. I know my wife's going to want Bioshock Infinite on day one, but other than that, I don't have many games I just can't wait for.

I went to Gamestop for the first time in forever a couple of weeks ago and they had Sleeping Dogs new for $30... Upon taking it to the register I had to say 3 times I didn't want the used copy for $27. Now I remember why I don't go in there.

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm pretty jaded so something as bizarre as Kentucky Route Zero really appeals to me, but $25 for the season pass feels high after Ryan said the first episode was only an hour long. I just don't "see" that production value on the screen.

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rentacop

Borderlands 2. $20 is my sweet spot.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

I'm waiting on some sales to get DLC for Skyrim and Borderlands 2.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

A Playstation 3. No, seriously. I really want to play Demon's Souls.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will pick up Borderlands 2, Metal Gear Solid Rising, and DmC when they drop under $20

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pick up PC sleeping dogs when it hits $10-15 w/ all DLC included. Open world games are so hit and miss that I don't really want to pay full price, and have to worry about buying DLC later if I like it (Saints Row 3....).

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'd like to pick up XCom next time it goes on sale. Or, if Bioshock Infinite pre-orders achieve goal #3 I'm going to subsidize my friend's pre-order to get his free (extra) copy.

dragonwizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dragonwizard

I'd really like to play Revengeance but I'm not really looking to pay 60 bucks for it. I'd probably be down with 30 or renting it if I can find it in a Redbox.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blops 2 will be mine when it drops. The Live Ultimate Sale price was a joke.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm waiting for Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3 to be at least 33-50% off on Steam before I buy them. That may need to be even lower depending on the reviews of the new Luigi's Mansion and Bioshock Infinite. If those are solid titles, I'll probably pick them up day one or shortly thereafter, with the result being I'd have no serious money left in my gaming budget for several months.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Chop

I recently built a pc. So, yeah, all of them. I'd be a fool to buy games full priced on this platform!

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS Vita bitches