What is your relationship with Nintendo?

• 94 results
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

It's complicated.

• Systems owned: Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, DS, 3DS, 3DS XL.
    I've never actually owned a Nintendo home console, but I've used other people's a fair bit. Personally, having a Nintendo handheld and a PC has always felt like the right combination for me.
  • Favourite system: 3DS XL. The 3D does nothing for me, the eShop is little more than passable, and the web browser is laughably bad. Regardless, it's still a great system as it's essentially a DS but with additional features.
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Link's Awakening. Maybe some of it is nostalgia, I don't know, but it's definitely a game that's always been enjoyable to me.

So, how about you?

Also, this should be in the Nintendo forum, but the forum search wasn't working...

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Stepside

Good idea for a thread - it's amazing how much Nintendo shit we've all purchased over the years.

• Systems owned: Game Boy, NES, GB Color, SNES, DS
  • Favourite system: SNES by far. So many childhood memories.
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Secret of Mana, Super Metroid & Super Mario World
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Systems owned: Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, DS Lite, 3DS XL
  • I should: Probably get around to picking up those two pretty good video game consoles they made in 1983 and 1990.
  • I like: Their video games.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Systems Own: Gamecube, Nintendo SP

Favorite System: None of the above

Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: Remake of Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Geist

Now I'll probably never buy a Nintendo system again,unless they make games that interests me. When I had those two systems I hardly played any games on it, and their popular exclusives doesn't interests me. I honestly don't care for Nintendo.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Systems owned: Game Boy, Game Boy Colour, N64, GameCube, DS Lite, Wii.

Favourite System: N64.

Favourite exclusive: Super Mario Galaxy.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

• Nintendo systems owned: Now that I think about it.. more than I thought I did. Almost all the Game Boys, and everything from SNES onwards except the Virtual Boy, basically.
  • Favourite Nintendo system: DS Lite. There are so many great games on it and it was a great portable console all-around, perfect for where I was at when it was most popular. It might be my most favorite video game console period. Gamecube is a close runner-up.
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Trauma Center: Under the Knife 1 & 2, EBA/Ouendan, Wind Waker, Pikmin, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.... It's a bit hard to choose just a few, honestly. They're all great games I love and I have very personal memories attached to each of them.

Hmm, I never really thought of myself as a Nintendo fan, but maybe I am. I'm having an "I am actually in love with my best friend!" moment here.

I should get a Wii U.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sinusoidal

They're like an old friend who fell by the wayside that you hardly ever see anymore, but you know if you meet up, it'll always be a good time talking about old times.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

• Systems owned: NES, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, DS, Wii, DS Lite
  • Favorite system: GameBoy Color
  • Favorite exclusive: My fondest memories are with Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and I really enjoyed Twilight Princess as well.

Other than that I do have nice memories of playing Nintendo games when I was younger. However I have little to no interest in the games Nintendo is putting out at the moment. I'm not even sure if I'd buy the latest or upcoming Wii U games if they were available on other platforms, maybe with the exception of Wind Waker HD since I've never played the original.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EuanDewar

• Systems owned: GB Color, Game Boy Advance, GBA SP, Gamecube, DS, Wii
  • Favourite system: GBA SP, probs
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Pokemon for sure
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee
  • Systems owned: Gameboy Colour, N64, Gamecube.
  • Favourite System: Gamecube, undoubtedly! While most of my favourite games on there can now be found elsewhere, at the time it almost started to rival my PS2 for my affection.
  • Favourite Nintendo Exclusive: Er, it's not Nintendo developed/published, but... the Resident Evil remake? I mean you still can't legally play it anywhere else outside of Nintendo consoles, so...
deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Systems Owned: SNES, GameBoy, GB Colour, GameCube, GBA, DS, 3DS/XL, Wii and WiiU
  • Favourite System: DS
  • Favourite NintendoExclusive: Pokemon

I have a SNES but it's not technically mine, I've also never played it or hocked it up... I'll put it on the list anyways.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After NES and Gameboy I never had a chance to or reason to buy another Nintendo console. I will say though that SNES is probably my favorite of theirs. As for exclusives, I hardly remember which games on NES/SNES was exclusive outside of Mario games. And they were probably not my number one games. But they were up there.

They're like an old friend who fell by the wayside that you hardly ever see anymore, but you know if you meet up, it'll always be a good time talking about old times.

I think that's the perfect analogy for how I feel about Nintendo.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By TruthTellah

We've been close from the beginning; though, like any other relationship, there have been rocky times. Nintendo was unfaithful to me last gen, and I didn't know whether they were still the one I loved for all those years.

I remember those old days fondly, but, fortunately, I have a feeling we'll be getting back together real soon. My friends keep saying we should get back together, and the 3DS has certainly helped woo me quite a bit. Yet, I'd really love to be swept off my feet again, ya know? Make it happen, Big N! ♥

• Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Game Boy Brick, Game Boy Light, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, GBA SP, DS Lite, 3DS
  • Favorite System: SNES. It blew me away when I was younger, and I still adore so many games from it. The fact that I'm still playing them to this day is a testament to their great design. The SNES has had value to me through every console generation after it came out.
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: Hard to pick. The original Super Mario was a big one, and Super Mario 2. Link to the Past and the other Zelda games might be my favorite exclusives. Though, there is a certain argument to be made for the Pokemon or Advance Wars series, as well. ha. There are a lot! Aw crap, I forgot Metroid! ...
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Systems: SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, GameCube, DS, Wii, 3DS.

Favorite? Probably SNES, cause nostalgia. 3DS comes real close, though.

Exclusive? Super Metroid. Duh. In recent times, though, Etrian Odyssey IV.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Systems Owned: Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Game Boy Advance SP, SNES, Wii, DS, DSi
  • Favourite System: SNES
  • Favourite Nintendo Exclusive: Super Mario World. And man did I love some of those Gameboy Mario games, 6 Golden Coins and Warioland are great.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never owned a Nintendo system in my own right, although a 3DS is very tempting and I played my flatmate's Wii and N64 at university for a bit. I have to be honest, I don’t really have much time for Nintendo and think they really need a shake-up and an injection of fresh ideas. They've spent years resting on old glories and mining nostalgia, with only the odd spot of inspiration stopping everyone jumping on their back. Yeah, I really enjoyed Mario Galaxy, but I honestly found the new Rayman games much more fun. I really hope they rediscover the flair they used to have, as a strong Nintendo is better for all of gaming.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By BabyChooChoo
  • Systems owned: Everything except for the WiiU, 3DS, NES, and Virtual Boy
  • Favorite system: N64
  • Favotie exclusives: Probably a tie between Metroid Prime and Wind Waker. I had played some of the previous Metroid games, but by the time I got Prime, I had practically forgotten about the series. It sorta turned me in the huge Metroid fan I am today. Wind Waker, on the other hand, is the onlyZelda game I enjoy. I mean I recognize the other Zelda games as good games, but I would gladly play Wind Waker a hundred times before I even touched another Zelda. That's how much i like it in comparison to the rest of the series. The sailing plays a big part in that. I know a lot of people hated it and I can understand why, but I enjoyed it. It was just...fun. I found it exhilarating yet oddly relaxing.

A part of me still loves Nintendo because of all the great memories, but the rest of me could care less if they went under tomorrow because ever since the Wii, maybe earlier, there's at most maybe 1 or 2 games a year that are available exclusively on Nintendo platforms that I feel compelled to play. And nearly all of those said games aren't even from Nintendo considering the only Nintendo-exclusive franchise I care about is Metroid and there hasn't been one of those in ages. They're from 3rd party developers and if they were available on different platforms, I would much rather pick it up for one of those platforms instead.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By glots
  • Systems owned: None. It was Genesis all the way over here. However...
  • Favorite system: I was more impressed by SNES as a kid, but NES was the one I had most fun with. Like said, I didn't own either, but a whole lot of people I knew owned them and that sums up for a pretty hefty amount of hours played. Haven't touched a Nintendo system since, except for a very brief moment with a Gamecube stand-in in a store, with Metroid Prime in it. Those controls destroyed that little interest I had in about five minutes.
  • Favorite exclusives: Super Metroid/Castlevania.
Jackentrote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jackentrote

never touched or played anything Nintendo my entire life, all I know is a handful of popular franchise names (just the names at that)..

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

• Systems owned: SNES, N64, GBC, DS, 3DS
  • Favourite system: N64. It was the first console where I really got into games. We had a SNES before but I was kind of young and the only game I can remember playing on it was Super Mario World.
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Mario Kart 64. My brother, my cousins and I use to play 4 player split-screen all the time when we were kids.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By GunstarRed

Systems owned: NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, DS Lite, 3DS, 3DS XL, Wii, Wii U.

Favourite System: 3DS XL - it plays all of my DS games, has a cool bigger screen and has Pikachu's face stamped on the front of it. I still use the lite though for standard DS games usually due to the resolution, and because I have a bunch of GBA carts I am really fond of. (Gunstar Super/Future Heroes, Astro Boy and Advance Guardian Heroes!)

Favorite exclusives: Kid Icarus and Mario 3D Land are some of the best video games I have ever played. Order of Occlesia, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy, Super Metroid, Mario World, Link to the Past etc etc etc etc are all fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no relationship. they have completely alienated me. i haven't used a nintendo anything since that Miles Edgeworth game. actually i do use the original gameboy a lot but thats to make music but the software is not even made by nintendo.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By RVonE
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've never owned a Nintendo system. I've played a bunch of DS games on my brother in law's DS and I bought my sister and brother in law a Wii as their wedding gift, so I've played some Wii games. Picross and Professor Layton are my favourites. It's a shame the Picross clone on Vita is terrible.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was big into Nintendo between the ages of 10 and 12(1990-1992). I then picked up PC gaming and stayed with it until I was 19(1999). After that I split of and started playing PC, PlayStation, and xbox. Nintendo always just seemed like a child's toy and kept remaking the same thing over and over again. I was not affected by the same nostalgia feelings many other gamers seem to have.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never been a big Nintendo fan even though my very first video game experience was with the SNES. I've owned almost every iteration of Game Boy (except Micro) but never really had many games outside of the Pokemon series. Didn't own another Nintendo system until the GameCube (granted it wasn't owned by me, but rather by my brother) and now I own the 3DS. I can honestly say that no other Nintendo platform has grabbed me as much as the 3DS, with some really great games. Now if they increase their efforts in bringing classic NES/SNES like A Link To The Past onto the 3DS, that'll be even better.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy pocket, gameboy color, gameboy advance, gameboy advance sp, gameboy micro, DS, DS lite, 3DS (Oh god so basically everything)
  • Favourite System: I would have to say the Gamecube. It was the first system I had real multiplayer experiences with (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, a lot of Sonic Adventure 2 battle [Don't judge me]) and those were some good times.
  • Favourite Nintendo Exclusive: Well the game I definitely put the most time in was Tales of Symphonia (not really an exclusive in other parts of the world) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project is my favorite NES game of all time, but as far as overall Nintendo exclusive. ummm maybe The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker?
CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Systems Currently Owned: 3DSXL, Wii, DS Lite, and GBA SP.

Systems I used to own: GameCube

Favorite System: 3DSXL

Favorite Nintendo game: Well only played about four Nintendo games (DK64, SSBM, MKWii, and SMG) in my lifetime so I guess I'd say Super Mario Galaxy. I'm only 19 so the vast majority of Nintendo console stuff before the Wii is stuff I've never played. Super Mario Galaxy was the first Mario game I ever even played. So yes that also means I've never played any of the Zelda games except Four Swords on the 3DS and Twilight Princess.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

• Systems Owned: NES, GBA, N64, DS, Gamecube
  • Favorite System: SNES. Which is funny because I never personally owned one (I was a Genesis kid), but most of my friends did and I spent a lot of time loving so many games on that system. My childhood nostalgia runs very deep for the system. It is the one console I consider collecting.
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: A Link to the Past (though Advanced Wars: Dual Strike and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance are very very close). From the opening title screen, to the opening sequence, the game and the soundtrack is just incredible. Not to mention it set up so many of the tropes and gameplay mechanics that still exist in current Zelda games.

Unfortunately after the Gamecube my relationship with Nintendo ended. I wanted more mature offerings, online multiplayer, and HD games. As well as the core Nintendo franchises have not aged well to me (besides Super Mario Galaxy) after the Gamecube. I am also rarely in a position to play portable games since college, so Nintendo's strongest gaming device just wouldn't be worth it to me. I still want Nintendo around and hope they continue to be successful.

Avatar image for altered_confusion
Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

• Systems owned: Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, DS, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii
  • Favourite system: SNES
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Zelda: Link to the Past
Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Systems Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA, N64, Gamecube, DS, 3DS, Wii
  • Favorite System: SNES. I have a lot of fond memories playing it.
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: A Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I still find it just to be an incredibly well-designed and fun game. It continues to be one of my favorite games.

I still like Nintendo and hope they stay around. However, despite me wanting to play quite a few games on the Wii U (Smash Bros, X, Donkey Kong, Mario, Bayonetta 2), I do not think I will be purchasing another console from them. The Wii and the lack of meaningful games on there soured me on their consoles.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By sixpin
  • Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Game Boy, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Advance, GBA Micro, DS, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, Wii, Wii U
  • Favorite system: SNES
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, and Super Metroid are tops for me. I can't really just pick one game and call it a favorite. There are far too many good games that I have great memories with. I could even mention Secret of Evermore, Final Fantasy III (aka, FF VI), Super Castlevania IV, Super Punch Out, ActRaiser, SimCity, Harvest Moon, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, and so on.
LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My lawyer told me not to answer any questions about this unless he was present.

• Systems Owned:Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo Wii, 3DS
  • Favorite System: 3DS - Already had a lot of fun working through the DS backlog and visiting some of the games deemed "classics" by Nintendo fans
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: Either Pokemon or Fire Emblem. I've had a long history with Pokemon, Gen 3 being my favourite, but i've kind of fallen out of love with the series after the tedium of X/Y. Conversely, never played any Fire Emblem games but Fire Emblem: Awakening is absolutely fantastic. Smash Brothers Brawl was cool.

rockyeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• SYSTEMS OWNED: Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, Wii
  • Favorite System: Gamecube-
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: Custom Robo for the nintendo Gamecube, Mario Cart and Smash Bros.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By Seppli

Currently? A relationship of consternation and disappointment. Lots of fond memories though.

• Systems Owned: Game Boy, SNES, N64, Game Boy Advance, GameCube
  • Favourite System: SNES. Childhood Nostalgia.
  • Favourite Nintendo Exclusive: Final Fantasy III/VI, Secret of Mana (both exclusives at the time), GoldenEye, A Link to the Past, Fire Emblem (GBA)

Essentially I had always hoped Nintendo would grow up with me, rather than stay the same. Playstation and Xbox and PC are there for me in that regard. Nintendo not so much.

I can't help but feel that unless Nintendo will again go for technical parity with Sony and Microsoft, and make an effort to create IPs that cater to me, Nintendo isn't for me anymore. The last time I was excited for a Nintendo game was Metroid Prime. As a paradigm it perfectly expresses what I want out of Nintendo. What would a Prime-take on Zelda look like? Dark Souls meets Zelda? I'd fucking love that.

I guess I've arranged myself with Nintendo not being for me anymore - I was bitter about that once, but no more - it doesn't seem to be okay for Nintendo though. Nintendo is not doing so hot without me, and the consumer demographic I'm part of.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By TheMasterDS

I always favored Rare's games to the ones made in Japan. Still there are classic non-Rare Nintendo games I love (Majora's Mask and Paper Mario to name two) and I think Nintendo makes enough solid games to warrant owning a Wii U. For instance Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze in stores now.

• Systems owned: SNES to Wii U, GBA SP to 3DS
  • Favorite System: N64 probably
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: DKC2 or Banjo-Tooie. Does Banjo-Tooie count anymore since it's on XBLA? I don't know. Paper Mario, Majora's Mask & Paper Mario TTYD also major contenders.
jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By jaycrockett
  • Systems Owned: SNES, GBA, GameCube, DS, Wii, 3DS
  • Favorite System: GBA Micro
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: Super Mario Galaxy
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Almost none. My best friend in high school his little brother had a SNES. I played a few SNES games once, but I was into computer games.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

• Systems owned: NES, Game Boy, N64, Wii, Wii U, 3DS XL.
    The NES was the only main go to Nintendo system I ever had, all the other were just for exclusives. Game Boy for Rockman (I have no idea how I got a Japanese gameboy game), N64 for Ocarina, Wii for Epic Mickey, Wii U for Pikmin 3, 3ds XL for Bravely Default.
  • Favourite system: NES, I still have a NES and a copy of Metroid and Dr. Mario
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Dr. Mario, played it a lot in university, it's a deceptively good competitive game, extremely low skill ceiling so most people that want to can get very good at it in a fairly short amount of time, which made for some very good multiplayer.
asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

• Systems owned: In rough chronological order: Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy SP, DS, Wii, NES, 3DS, WiiU, SNES
  • Favourite system: N64. One of the first consoles I owned, and part of my Golden Age, if you've listened to the Paul Barnett podcast on the subject.
  • Favourite Nintendo exclusive: Ocarina of Time or Goldeneye, for the same reasons as above.

I was born in 1981. Growing up, my parents didn't approve of video games, so owning a console was out of the question but some of my earliest memories are of playing with the NES at friend's or family homes. I had a friend just down the street where we played Super Mario Brothers. My cousins and I played hours of SMB, WWF Wrestlemania, and Bases Loaded. Another aunt babysat me once or twice at her house and I had my mind blown by Tetris and the Legend of Zelda.

I'll never know how, but I convinced my parents to let me get a Gameboy with some combination of birthday and Christmas money I saved when it launched. I played hours of Tetris and Super Mario Land. Super Mario Land was the first game I ever beat, and it was more through brute force than skill, as I've never been very good at video games.

My golden age of gaming started in 1997 when I made friends with a guy in high school who was way into video games. Half Life, Final Fantasy VII, and Goldeneye were the three games he exposed me to that made me NEED to have my own consoles. I had just started working a real part-time job, and with money from lawn-mowing I was able to buy my own Playstation and N64. I kept it on the down low, hiding them in closets and only playing when my parents weren't home. I'm sure they knew because kids are never as clever as they think they are. My friends I spent tons of time with Goldenye and the N64-era wrestling games. My memories of playing those games are probably part of why I never got as into online competitive play; it didn't feel the same as being able to turn to my left or right and smack someone upside the head. Plus, my FRIENDS can call me a fucking asshole, but strangers on the internet don't get as much latitude.

When I moved away to go to school, I kept playing and collecting systems, but Nintendo started to fall off a bit for us. My freshman and sophomore year dorm featured plenty of Goldeneye with new friends, but just as much NCAA Football on the Playstation. 5 of us moved into a house together for our last two years, and the Gamecube remained in my personal room, with the PS2 in the common area for competitive games of NHL Hitz or communal games of GTA III, with one of us playing and a few others egging the player on to get that wanted level up.

The Wii was a lot of fun for my girlfriend and I. We were in a new city and had bought a place of our own. She wasn't super into games, but loved the original NES games she grew up with. We played a fair bit of Super Mario Brothers 3 after I got us a used NES, and Wii Sports and Super Paper Mario were fun for both of us. Like the Wii itself, our relationship went stale, and my lack of enthusiasm for the platform is probably tied in some way to our breakup. Despite games being released that I wanted to play on the Wii, it never felt the same.

I'm still a loyal Nintendo customer; I got both the 3DS and Wii U on launch day. If you've done the math from my opening statement, you'll have pegged my age at 32, turning 3 later this year. I've said here before I have far more money than I do time for games, so I continue to build a collection of half-played and never opened games on all platforms. My Wii U hasn't ben turned on since a brief weekend spent with Dr. Luigi, and my half-started games of Super Mario 3D World and Earhtbound nag at me as I play other games on other systems. I haven't upgraded o the 3DS XL, despite having huge hands. I like the sharpness of the smaller screen. Bravely Default has been a great time-waster on the weekends, and that plus the PS-era Final Fantasy games on my Vita make me realize how much Iove playing JRPGs on handhelds in bite-sized chunks.

I love Nintendo. They were my gateway into games at two separate times in my life. I feel like they've been slow to grow technically, which saddens me, but have taken some thrilling and interesting risks. Sometimes they've paid off, sometimes they haven't. I want Nintendo to be strong, and I want to see them keep trying new things and delivering the je ne sais quoi that made me love their old, great IPs.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pr1mus
  • System Owned: Gameboy, Super Nintendo, Nintendo DS. I've also had access to an N64 for months at a time on multiple occasions because i had friends with one and i had a playstation. We would swap every now and then.
  • Favorite System: Super Nintendo.
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusives: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario 64.

That relationship is now over unfortunately. I don't care for any of their games anymore. Never liked the 3D Zelda or Metroid games and generally greatly dislike the art direction they are applying in every one of their games for the last 8 years or so now.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Systems Owned: NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, WiiU, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, and the Virtual Boy
  • Favorite System: SNES
  • Favorite Nintendo Exclusive: Super Metroid

I grew up with a friend who worked at Nintendo of America so I was always getting Nintendo games all the time and often way earlier then anyone else I knew. Nintendo games weren't the only games I played growing up, but I would say they took up the majority of my game time.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ben_H

Oh man, this could be pretty crazy

• Systems owned: NES, SNES, GB Pocket, N64, GBA, GameCube, DS (x2), Wii, 3DS
  • Favourite System: Tough call, either the GameCube or the 3DS (since it can play all DS games anyway)
  • Favourite Nintendo Exclusive: I can't pick one. Either Pikmin 2, F-Zero GX, Super Mario World, Luigi's Mansion, Ocarina of Time, the Paper Marios, or a few others, depending on the day. Ocarina of Time had the largest impact on my childhood for sure though. I played it for hundreds of hours, just exploring and having fun. Pikmin 2 was one of my favourite game experiences of all time. F-Zero GX is my favourite racing game. Super Mario World I played a ton with my cousins as a kid and by myself have played through dozens of times over the years. Paper Mario is also among my most fond memories when it comes to playing games. It's a tough call.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Systems owned: NES, N64, DS. Played a lot of SNES roms in high school illegally. Had a roommate with a Cube

Favorite System: DS, I suppose, but that's not to say I got a lot of use out of it. Out of the ones I owned, though, it generated the fewest complaints as a machine.

Favorite Exclusive: Ghost Trick . If we're talking first party franchises, probably Metroid, followed by OoT.

My relationship with Nintendo is one of resentment for making games I kind of want to play but am not going to.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I haven't owned anything from Nintendo since i ditched the Gamecube and I haven't looked back. Totally disinterested in what they are doing nowadays.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hockeymask27

Systems Owned: Nes,Snes,GB GBC,N64,Gamecube

Favourite Console: N64(close one to the Snes)

Favourite exclusive: Can't pick just one (Golden eye ,Donkey Kong Country 2, Pokemon both Stadium and the RPGS)

Just make a no gimmicks console please nintendo please..

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hippie_genocide
  • Systems Owned: NES, SNES, Gamecube, Wii, GameBoy, GBA fat, GBA SP, DS fat, DSLite, 3DSXL
  • Favorite Console: Gamecube
  • Favorite Exclusives: Metroid Prime, REmake, Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball, Pikmin, SSBM

I never really considered my self a Nintendo fan, outside of the NES being sort of the ubiquitous gaming platform of my youth. But wow, I've owned a lot of Nintendo stuff. I feel that the Gamecube was a really underrated console which gave us many great exclusives. I feel like I'm the only person on the internet who actually liked Super Mario Sunshine. Maybe it's because I never had a N64 so it was the first time I played a 3D Mario platformer, but I just really enjoyed it. The water pack and cleaning off all the muck and using it as a jetpack for traversal and the colorful tropic vibe was fun to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Systems Owned: NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advanced, GameBoy Advanced SP, GameBoy Micro, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, 3DS XL.

Favourite Console: This is hard to say. SNES was amazing, but I quite enjoyed Nintendo's output on the Wii. The 3DS has been my favourite platform as of late so I'd say either SNES or 3DS.

Favourite Exclusive: Metroid Prime. No other game has ever made me that hooked before. Though having never played Super Metroid, when I went back and bought that on Virtual Console, I fell in love. So either one works.