• 91 results
Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Not sure what the theme of these playthroughs is. Are they going for gory / horror games? Games that suck, but in a good way? Devil May Cry was quite a chore to watch him beat. When he finally started dodging...that was something. The game barely had a story, and what it did have, sucked quite a bit. It's hard to believe this came from the same people who made Okami (my fave game).

I suggested Kingdom Hearts for the next playthrough, and Vinny thought that could be cool, but that initiated some mouth foaming rage from a lot of people (including Brad). Apparently it's the worst ever. I'm not claiming it's a masterpiece, but it has some things going for it (mainly music and aesthetics). Besides that, I thought it would be funny if "anime expert" Brad were to play it.

What are your suggestions?

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bayonetta, because Bayonetta.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Kingdom Hearts suggestion is something I'm completely on-board with.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Milkman

I think Kingdom Hearts is a solid idea. The rage of DMC fans during Bradley May Cry was palpable so I could only imagine what KH fans would be like, which could be pretty funny. Playing another DMC game sounds like no fun for anyone involved, though.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'd love to see him try his hand at Demon's Souls. Mainly because after playing through both that and Dark Souls multiple times, Demon's Souls is the most fucked up lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The Sims 3. It will break him if trying to use Origin doesn't.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nonused

Kingdom Hearts would be super awkward to watch and play around an audience of people. Like, I think that series is pretty cool when I play it by myself, but if I played it in front of the whole Internet, I'd cringe so hard I'd implode.

What about something older? Like King's Field?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Nekroskop

DMC is not a bad game by any means, Brad just isn't used to games that require finesse and good reflexes(DOTA2 doesn't count since it's baby's first RTS)

On the topic; I think he should play God Hand next.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JunkHype

Yakuza

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 5Figh

nothing

please

this one broke me

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

something metal gear solid related

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By pr1mus

Something easy.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom 1, or the semi-official Doom 2 expansions. Even a different old-school FPS with similar difficulty. Blood would be perfect.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@aegon said:

Not sure what the theme of these playthroughs is. Are they going for gory / horror games? Games that suck, but in a good way? Devil May Cry was quite a chore to watch him beat. When he finally started dodging...that was something. The game barely had a story, and what it did have, sucked quite a bit. It's hard to believe this came from the same people who made Okami (my fave game).

To be fair, Devil May Cry was made out of a half-finished attempt at Resident Evil 4. So Kamiya probably just pulled something that sounded cool out of his ass and ran with it.

With LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!

I'd prefer to see Brad march his way through DMC2 and 3, just to see how baffled he could possibly get before DMC3 makes him break a controller. Kingdom Hearts is an interesting suggestion, but man, even as a Kingdom Hearts fan, the first game is a rough one to go back to just in terms of the controls.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I want a return to Spelunky in 8 mins. but it will never happen....

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Kingdom Hearts is probably the best suggestion ever. I eagerly anticipate his heart melting. I would subscribe instantly.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Bradtasy VIINY.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EXTomar

That should be "Final Fantaviny"

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Petiew

Please no Kingdom Hearts. I saw some video of DDD and the dialogue made me cringe so much. It's terrible. I don't want my nostalgic memories of the series to be ruined.

@extomar said:

That should be "Final Fantaviny"

YES.

I want to see Vinny play through every final fantasy game, solo.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad would hate that game so goddamn much.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By MocBucket62

Banjo Kazooie for the N64. Knowing Brad's love for Nuts and Bolts, I'd like to see him give the original platformer a try and see what he thinks of that.

Now that I think of it, Nuts and Bolts was sort of like DmC back in 2008, where the hardcore fanbase hated the changes but it reviewed well in the press.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Ninja Gaiden Black. Lets up the pain train.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hailinel

Banjo Kazooie for the N64. Knowing Brad's love for Nuts and Bolts, I'd like to see him give the original platformer a try and see what he thinks of that.

Now that I think of it, Nuts and Bolts was sort of like DmC back in 2008, where the hardcore fanbase hated the changes but it reviewed well in the press.

And may have also been the death knell of the franchise following disappointing sales.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did he look at DMC 2?

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By monetarydread

I would love to see a play through of something quick and under appreciated, like Unreal. I think that is one of the most looked over FPS from that era, despite how forward thinking it was.

Dark Souls would be an excellent choice as well.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My thoughts exactly as I had trouble even beating the first boss.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Dragon's Dogma

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SuperWristBands

@demoskinos said:

My thoughts exactly as I had trouble even beating the first boss.

That would be a good one. Feels likes it's in line with the theme of challenging Brad (or at least that's what I assume the theme is from the titles of the features). I'd like to see him play DMC2 but Ninja Gaiden feels like a good escalation.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun as it would be to see Brad fail over and over again in another tough-as-nails game like Ninja Gaiden, I thought the whole point of taking a break from DMC was to do something different and have variety in the feature? Going right into another character action game seems like it would be missing the point/opportunity.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Doom 1, or the semi-official Doom 2 expansions. Even a different old-school FPS with similar difficulty. Blood would be perfect.

Hexen would be quite cool to watch. Though with them taking weeks between episodes, I can totally see him having no idea where the fuck to go ever.

It would be fun to watch him play through a shooter like E.Y.E or S.T.A.L.K.E.R or some other acronym based shooter.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

exactly! I don't want him to play a game he'd LIKE.

the best parts of the DMC videos are him being super reductive of it.

Bradley "I don't give a fuck" Shoemaker.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

@hailinel said:

@video_game_king said:

exactly! I don't want him to play a game he'd LIKE.

the best parts of the DMC videos are him being super reductive of it.

Bradley "I don't give a fuck" Shoemaker.

Why do I feel like this is one step away from Dark Syde Phil, isn't it?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: to be fair, vinny is the equalizing force of "well maybe this game isn't THAT bad"

and then you'd get to the 19 year old with the 9 year old body and the disdain would be delicious

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BabyChooChoo

It's probably played out at this point considering like every fucking Youtuber has played the damn things, but I would do anything to see him play through I Wanna Be the Guy and IWBTG Gaiden because those games are designed to break you every goddamn chance they get. That's probably asking too much though.

I think Black would be a good choice as well, but if you're gonna do that, I say just play Sigma 1. It's essentially the same game as Black just with some minor, arguably irrelevant (to most people) differences. If memory serves right, the only thing of actual noteworthiness is Black may be a bit harder, but hell, just crank up the difficulty in Sigma and call it a day.

edit1: @sbaitso OH SHIT. I forgot all about E.Y.E. You know what, screw Ninja Gaiden. I change my vote to that! That would be amazing.

edit2: @nekroskop: Fuuuuuuck, I forgot all about God Hand too. Man, can I vote for that as well?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta:

What about that boss where you can kill him in a couple of hits?

"What am I supposed to do here? I just keep getting blasted by this thing, and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Uh, Brad, the chat's saying you should shoot that thing."

"Oh, of course."

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DmC.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do you guys want to make Brad sad? Or give him an ulcer?

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

It's hard to believe this came from the same people who made Okami (my fave game).

Er... perhaps that's because it didn't? The developers of Okami (Clover Studio) have had nothing to do with the Devil May Cry franchise. They share the same publisher, Capcom, but by that logic you could say it's surprising Okami came from the same people who "made" Street Fighter, or DuckTales.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the Yakuza games.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Why are you people suggesting EYE? That game is terrible. Good ideas, yes, but severely broken in execution.

I can't think of anything in particular that I'd like to see, though. SMT Nocturne on hard might be fun but I can hardly expect him to go from ten hour games to a fifty hour game. Trying it, though, might be interesting to see.

It's been a while since I've played it but Project Gotham Racing 4 was pretty hard.

There's also N+ and Outland, for games that would be more fun in shorter bursts. Actually, Outland. Outland is my suggestion in this "he's-totally-not-going-to-care" suggestion thread.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aegon

@creepingdeath0 said:

@aegon said:

It's hard to believe this came from the same people who made Okami (my fave game).

Er... perhaps that's because it didn't? The developers of Okami (Clover Studio) have had nothing to do with the Devil May Cry franchise. They share the same publisher, Capcom, but by that logic you could say it's surprising Okami came from the same people who "made" Street Fighter, or DuckTales.

You didn't do any research before making this statement.

Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya worked on Devil May Cry. Atsushi Inaba (CEO of Clover at this point) and Hideki Kamiya worked on Okami. Kamiya was the director for both games. Now They run Platinum games. This is a group that likes sticking together, so I'm sure a lot of the DMC team moved on to Clover. Just like a lot of the Clover team moved on to Seeds + Platinum.

Now go away.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbaitso said:

@shagge said:

Hexen would be quite cool to watch. Though with them taking weeks between episodes, I can totally see him having no idea where the fuck to go ever.

It would be fun to watch him play through a shooter like E.Y.E or S.T.A.L.K.E.R or some other acronym based shooter.

EYE, STALKER, and FEAR: The Bimonthly Bradcronym. I'd watch it.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dishonored... Just so Brad and Vinny can finally get past the weak beginning and get to the great parts of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored... Just so Brad and Vinny can finally get past the weak beginning and get to the great parts of the game.

Seconded, Dishonored was one of my favorite games last year and it seemed no one besides Patrick gave it a chance.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sbaitso

@believer258: What does the fact that it's broken have to do with anything? It just needs to be fun to watch and be something that they're comfortable taking only slightly seriously.

Didn't Brad play a bunch of Outland back when it came out? I seem to remember him commenting on the difficulty on the Bombcast. I think.

@mpgeist: I hate being that guy, but that would kill me trying to watch. Watching him play Demon's Souls however, would be totally fine.

mindgarden418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nonused:

Oh god, King's Field would be fucking amazing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you people suggesting EYE? That game is terrible. Good ideas, yes, but severely broken in execution.

I will fight you on this. E.Y.E. is amazing, fantastic, and awesome. It's janky, to be sure, but that doesn't mean it's terrible or even bad.

you sound like someone who has killed your mentor, but is not his murderer.