What was I supposed to hate about Fable III?

• 62 results
btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By btman

probably the fact that Fable III is coming out.  Fable II's ending ruined that series for me.

Workyticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Workyticket

I like everything about Molyneux except his hype routine. Good designer, passionate guy, but he does get a bit tedious to listen to after, ooh, ten or fifteen years.

I thought it was hysterical when MS hired him to promote its new tech. If you want someone to hype Natal, it may not be a good move to pick a guy who's legendary for talking up 'innovations' that never quite come to fruition. And I say this as someone who's liked his games.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iam3green

that is kind of stupid for them to do that. i want something different then that.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By PureRok
@Ashwyn said:
" Basically were all ment to be pissed becuase of no HUD..  Give me a break >_>. "
That, and no experience system.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Cube
@Yukoei said:
" Did anyone else love Fable 2, and I mean...

LOVE FABLE 2

"
I loved Fable 2. It is my favourite 360 game and probably the only one I genuinely love.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Yukoei said:

LOVE FABLE 2

"
No.  I hated it.  I enjoyed it until I realised that once your character got some fame, a fart could entertain any NPC as long as there were crowds around you.  It's very broken game.

@Jayzilla said:
" I love how I hear the same people criticize companies like EA etc. for not thinking outside the box. I read things like this in forum posts and then Peter and BioWare do something that is new and people just want their cookie-cutter formulaic RPG. Hypocrisy makes my coffee taste better in the morning. This is what I think: People are just hyper-critical. "
Fable defense force identified.  I'll bet you don't even know what a Magic Carpet is.
SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By SlowHands
@SeriouslyNow said:  

No.  I hated it.  I enjoyed it until I realised that once your character got some fame, a fart could entertain any NPC as long as there were crowds around you.  It's very broken game.     

So.. like real life?  Someone famous does something famous and people are infatuated with it.   

Maybe that was not the finest example to support your criticism.
AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AgentofChaos
@WinterSnowblind said:
" No. The feature was the fact it lacks a health bar, or any sort of onscreen hud.  You now tell how hurt your character is by visual queues and changes to the environment. "
Funny thing is, thats been done in other games before. MOLENAUX!!! I AM SO PISSED. Ok not really.
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Synthballs
@jukezypoo said:
" @Yukoei said:

LOVE FABLE 2

"
Yes, and I often feel alone in my love. I realise that the game was far too easy, and was broken on so many levels, but I still loved it to death. "
You're not alone my brothers.

Also, for everything he had talked about he had video proof of aswell, I think Peter (Not going to try his last name) will deliver....

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#60  Edited By Symphony
@Axersia said:
" @Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @WinterSnowblind said:
" No. The feature was the fact it lacks a health bar, or any sort of onscreen hud.  You now tell how hurt your character is by visual queues and changes to the environment. "
That said, does it still have an experience system? "
No, it doesn't. Unlike BioWare, Peter Molyneux was actually willing to admit than an EXP system is what makes an RPG and that Fable III will not be an RPG anymore to most people. "
Honestly, I never really saw the Fable II as an RPG to begin with... more like an adventure with RPG trappings, so the fact III is going to focus more on its adventure roots doesn't bother me. Though I'm not even sure if I care enough about the Fable franchise to be looking forward to 3... I enjoyed 2 but I'm not sure I need any more Fable than that provided... If it's just going to be another story of growing up and choosing if I want to look "evil" or "good" (but ultimately really ugly regardless of which I choose) based on ambiguously moral choices that can be rendered pointless by consuming tofu or pie, I probably won't care. >.>
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@SlowHands said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:  

So.. like real life?  Someone famous does something famous and people are infatuated with it.    Maybe that was not the finest example to support your criticism. "
Have you not played the game?  NPCs have built in alignments to certain actions you can do.  So those that don't enjoy bad humour or farts should be disgusted with you and walk away, but the game's crowd mechanic breaks those alignments so as long as only one person likes your farts the whole crowd will.  You can't get fame for farting mate.  You need to actually have played the game to discuss the mechanics.
Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sadisticham
@SeriouslyNow: So your suggesting everyone in the crowd should have there own likes and dislikes? That would be irritating. Wouldn't be able to do anything without pissing off half the crowd. 

His point was if your famous, you can do almost anything you like and the majority are going to love you for it. Look at paris hilton..shes got a bloody reality television show over here where shes looking to find a new best friend. Now personally i have no idea who would want to watch such a thing, who thought it would be a good idea or how anyone can tolerate her. Yet there it is. Shes known for being an idiot that's not a good thing yet a lot people for reasons i don't understand love her all the same.
SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By SlowHands
@Sadisticham:  Thank you for clarifying.  This is what I meant to say.  The idea of celebrity, I suppose.