What's the mostest, coldest, most turkeyiest you have ever quit gaming?

mAAArii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

The assumption is that you're still into gaming if you're on this site. Sometimes things get in the way like relationships, school, or finances. Any good stories?

UranalTruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I thought this was about quitting a game not gaming in general but I did quit Unpacking recently in the first couple levels because it wouldn't let me place everything wherever I wanted.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if you can have a "good" story if the end result is that you've had to cut back or completely curtail your gaming. :)

mAAArii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@uranaltruce: The whole point of unpacking is the restrictions put in place.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a way, I quit gaming cold turkey twice a year for a few months. I am at university and for the second half of high school and all my time of university I don't have time to play games alongside my studies, so I almost exclusively play them during winter and summer break (today I just played my first game since January for instance). I tend to play short indie games and roguelikes, so it's not difficult to quit once school starts. I still use the site during those periods.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I sold all my consoles, handhelds and gaming PC at the start of the year, because modern gaming is boring.

I don't regret it

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Nodima

I guess probably in college. I mostly only played NBA 2K with dalliances into stuff like Resistance for no clear reason. It wasn't until Playstation Plus started going on its heater in late 2011 or so that I caught up on a lot of stuff I missed, and then the 2017-2019 era of PS4 was pretty fuckin' wicked and I'm fully back in. Or at least, as fully back in as a guy that maybe buys ten new games a year yet listens to like five gaming podcasts.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Haven’t, probably won’t. I can see myself not having time to game for extended periods of time if I wind up starting a family or something, but I can’t contemplate any scenario where I would intentionally quit and divest myself of all my hardware. Even if the industry completely runs itself into the ground and everything becomes evenly split between shitty NFT live service PVP games, tryhard Souls-clones, and indie pixelart roguelike deckbuilders, I have oodles of classics in my backlog in case of such a personal apocalypse.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uranaltruce: you do you obviously, but there is a setting under 'accessibility' you can toggle to let you place stuff wherever you want.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't have a good story, but i have a giant hole in my gaming history where from 99 to about 07 i didn't own a console, and even then i was only sporadically playing pc games.

chalk it up to boarding school and college, i guess. but yeah, ps2, OG xbox and gamecube are all completely foreign to me.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shindig

I don't do it intentionally but holidays are a real good way to put games on the sidelines. It feels really good to drop it for a week or two.

Also, every time I move house.

Leviathan_Dive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Do you play any games on mobile, cellphone?

Leviathan_Dive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to 100% Final Fantasy X-2 and somewhere in the middle of Chapter 4 (out of 5, MANY hours in) I realized my percentage was off from the guide I was using.

It made the whole thing feel like such a serious waste of time that it kind of broke me and I didn't play any video games for a couple of months.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sombre: Do you play any games on mobile, cellphone?

Once a month I might do 3/4 holes on that Desert Golf game