What's your favorite modern 2D brawler/beat-em-up?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Hey, I've been playing Streets of Rage 4 and have been really surprised how enjoyable it is. I did not think I could have fun with a beat-em-up ever again and had pretty much reserved them for my nostalgic memories. SoF4 has me second guessing myself. Perhaps I have been too dismissive? River City Girls is my next choice.

Which modern 2D brawlers have really clicked with you?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Probably River City Girls, but most likely Scott Pilgrim.

SpicyFoodMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Scott Pilgrim is worth it for the soundtrack alone aside from being a great game.

I'll say probably Castle Crashers though. If that's considered modern still

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

Fight'N Rage is a pretty good one. I don't care for the aesthetic as much as some of the others mentioned here, but the actual fighting mechanics are well developed.

bizarrohash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Streets of Rage 4 is so, so good. Not being able to spam attack off screen enemies makes such a big difference. I love it.

Avatar image for zimzamfromspace
zimzamfromspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

River City Girls is great, but I've been enjoying the re-release of Scott Pilgrim. Really glad it finally came out on current gen so I can finally stop having to break out my old 4GB 360 whenever I wanna play it.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I mean SoR4 is probably the best one I've played in a while, though to be fair I'm a fan of those old games as well. I will say I played a lot of Dragon's Crown and largely enjoyed it. The Diablo aspect of it could make or break the replayability of it for some people. Ooo! Would Diablo 3 count? That's a good'un. Yakuza 0 is probably the platinum standard for beat-em ups to me.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoR4 made me revisit SoR Remake to make up for everything it didn't have and it was a blast, but as far as modern ones go it's pretty much just Fight'N Rage for me, excellent game.