What's your perfect dream match up of a game done by different studios, companies, or creators?

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This needs explanation, basically what group of say devs or creators maybe artists whatever would you dream up and come together to work and make a dream game...Or what game mix-up would make your dream game...

For example. Get Kojima to make the political points in a stealth game for splinter cell, mixed with call of duty set pieces and uncharted quips.

Or a horror game by the makers of silent hill but the gameplay is done by assassins creed creators with until dawn levels of cheese.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A joint collab between Naughty Dog or Sony Santa Monica and Bungie to make Titanfall 3.

Basically... I desperately want more BT and Cooper, neither of which EA or Respawn are going to give us (not the least of which because the team that made TF2 at Respawn have all left).

Tangent: I would also kill for Sony first-party to get into making open-world RPGs, as Microsoft bought up damn near all of the Western RPG devs (besides Bioware, CDPR, or all the OG Blizzard people who left to form new studios).

Spliffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Software's Castlevania. They already kinda made it with Bloodborne but a real ass Castlevania from them would be awesome.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

A Quantic Dream game written by Kojima with the scope of a Rockstar production.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Since this is a dream

I would like the illustrators of Square-Enix jRPGs to do all the art and animation for a Mass Effect 4 under the leadership of the 2010 Mass Effect 2 team. That is teh dream baby! Capt Shepard would have so many buckles and Miranda Lawson, Ashley Williams, Liara T'Soni, Tali', Kasumi and Jack would all have ridiculously small mini-skirts and dance when they fought. That male charcters woudl somehow all being wearing midriff belly shirts and have six-pack abs. And EDi woudl be voiced by someone who sounds like a hyperactive Kawaii school-girl....making her relationship with Joker even more 'cringe'.

The enemy Reapers would be somehow be 7ft tall, very humanoid feminized, and with full, round, gravity defying breasts.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Clearly i want to see what SWERY can do when he has the funding and man-power of an Electronic Arts behind him.

Elzwerth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see a mega mash up of From's open world design and traversal like elden ring (with a glider mechanic for good measure...and a grappling hook), Sucker Punch's combat ala Ghost for small enemies and Team Ico SotC style battles for big enemies.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Playground games to make a new Blur, but that seems a bit simple for this. Let me think...

Tron lightcycle racing game. Driving model done by Milestone, art direction and assets made by Dice's Mirror's Edge team, and music by Solar Fields.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Konami's EA Sports FC. PES Productions (are they still called that?) handle the gameplay and match engine whilst the guys at Redwood handle presentation and licensing. And marketing.

It's the thing we all wanted as kids, damn it.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@shindig said:

Konami's EA Sports FC. PES Productions (are they still called that?) handle the gameplay and match engine whilst the guys at Redwood handle presentation and licensing. And marketing.

My pitch (I kid, but not really) for a video game essay or documentary to Danny O'Dwyer is "The Forgotten Sports Game Storyline: Konami Forgetting How To Make An Association Football Game."

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Continuing with the theme of sports:

Since EA refuses to make another Fight Night boxing game, then I would love to see Namco make a sequel to Fight Night using their knowledge on 3D fighting games. They made a pretty good boxing character with Steve Fox, so I don't see it being that hard for them.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig

@shindig said:

My pitch (I kid, but not really) for a video game essay or documentary to Danny O'Dwyer is "The Forgotten Sports Game Storyline: Konami Forgetting How To Make An Association Football Game."

I wouldn't mind a fly-on-the-wall documentary on PES 2008's development. And the awful eFootball launch. Every time they get to a new console or switch engine, it produces chaos.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mellotronrules

i'd love for some of the industry RTS vets (lets say Blizzard, though I haven't done my research to know if the RTS guys were embroiled in the misconduct they're currently working through) to get with some EA Sports vets and make a new Mutant League Football, Hockey, Basketball or Soccer.

i say RTS vets because i figure they have a keen sense of balance and the rock/paper/scissor style of design that makes for competitive matchups, but i suppose a good MOBA or even the Rocket League folks would be up to it.

it's been too long since we've had Weird Sports like a Mutant League, Blitz or Jam.

edit: shit, while we're talking weird sports i'd love Tim & Eric to creative direct an Amped 6 snowboarding game.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

My go to answer for a long time was Firaxis makes an XCOM style game, with the cast of Overwatch. Essentially XCOM with more movesets and abilities (Maybe that’s what Midnight Suns will be? I still haven’t seen any gameplay of that yet, so I have no idea)

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

What if Larian Studios made an RPG in the vein of KOTOR and had Remedy pitch in for all the worldbuilding and narrative elements while the Double Fine Psychonauts 2 team handled the art direction?