Which has better graphics Uncharted 2 or Modern Warfare 2?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JoeCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoeCool

Me and my friends had an argument about which has better graphics. purely based on graphics which one is better?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Uncharted 2.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Modern warfare 2, if I can use pc screenshots vs console 720p life bar in uncharted 2 no bullshots. However uncharted 2 will look better than console modern warfare 2.

NinjatheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NinjatheKid

Uncharted 2.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FirePrince

As much as I love my PC and Xbox-Uncharted 2 looks amazing.
artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By artelinarose

I... there's no way this thread really exists, right?

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Modern warfare 2, if I can use pc screenshots vs console 720p life bar in uncharted 2 no bullshots. However uncharted 2 will look better than console modern warfare 2.

"
what?  Higher Resolution doesn't automatically equate to being better.

Uncharted 2 has far higher detail and many more framebuffer effects present than Modern Warfare 2.  I'm more of a PC Zealot than you and even I accept that Uncharted 2 is far superior graphically than Modern Warfare 2.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
what?  Higher Resolution doesn't automatically equate to being better.  Uncharted 2 has far higher detail and many more framebuffer effects present than Modern Warfare 2.  I'm more of a PC Zealot than you and even I accept that Uncharted 2 is far superior graphically than Modern Warfare 2. "
Imagine Uncharted 2 with PC resolutions...
ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Uncharted 2 looks far better.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@SeriouslyNow: Maybe you need some screenshots. You also didn't know that there are extra graphical options? They are for normal mapping, specular maps and texture. I set these to extra, that's something the console version doesn't have. Honestly modern warfare 2 looks better than crysis 2. Look I don't even need resolution for the textures on the pc. Sure I may have some jpeg artifacts, however I can retake these in bmp later on.   

The problem is most of the internet besides me has never seen a real ps3 screenshot in their life with life bars and ammo count. They use bullshots instead which is decieving or they say it's not about the screenshots, it's about the motion or art design to cover the low rez over use of shaders effects. You need to have a very critical eye to see what I see. Low rez cpu effects doesn't mean power to me, I belive pc gpu can output more without resorting to using weak parellel processing code to get you an overly unrealistic, saturated, low rez texture game. If it were up to me i'll bring in metro 2033 and show you real effects in DX11 with the gpu. Besides effects, what about realism or textures? 

You having the technical understanding of engines or using an 8800GT doesn't make you more of a pc zealot than me. Anyone want these modern warfare 2 screenshots at 32X AA?

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lemoncookie01

*watches thread from a distance*

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By BunkerBuster

Those PC shots pretty much ended this thread.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By mattysen

MW is probably technically better (although how much Uncharted can render is uncanny) -- But that doesn't stop the graphics artistically looking like a public shithouse, of chinese diarrhea 

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By tebbit
@HitmanAgent47: Screenshots are nothing compared to how each game looks in motion, and for my money, Uncharted 2 looks better than MW2 in motion. The reason the screenshots for UC2 look worse is because of all the dynamic blurring and depth of field, things which Modern Warfare 2 only applies when you get hit, or look down the sights.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@mattysen: I don't game too much on a console, i'm immuned to art design, I simply can't see it being so used to technical graphics on the pc. I really can't see it unless I only game on consoles with a different set of graphical expectations.

@Tebbit: Look better on my pc, it almost looks quite real, like crysis or arma 2 style of graphics. However it might not look good to you for the console version, however that's not my problem. I can bring in many other games on the pc that will looks better than uncharted 2 for screenshots. Ex, splinter cell conviction, metro 2033, crysis, crysis warhead, arma 2, ect. However that's not what the thread is about, so i'll stick with modern warfare 2 and i'm using the pc version. 

I know this isn't very easy to accept, in fact I went to ign in the past, they censored and won't show any real uncharted 2 screenshots with an ammo count life bar sort of stuff. They know what it looks like and they only want you to see bullshots, or ingame animation. Maybe ppl likes the effects, art design and animation more than the actual graphics. Pause the best scene and it looks like the screenshots above. To me these are called smoke and mirrors. I am not suceptible to these smoke and mirror effects, I sort of see right through them. That doesn't mean I don't think uncharted 2 looks good, I do think it does, it's just slightly overated. Pc graphics are good and it's not cheap to get, howevver compared to other console games, uncharted 2 is above them, not pc games. Look I don't care about art design, I can't see it, then that means nintendo games also has good art design, if that's what your depending on right?
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Evilsbane
@HitmanAgent47: 

Hitman while I agree that at a Base level running at super high settings MW2 looks better on the PC (I do the same thing dude I've got my PC beast sitting next to me making my little room hotter than hell) but IN Motion Uncharted 2 is a beautiful game I don't care that most of it is faked Who cares when it Looks so damn good, I played all of Uncharted 2 in a dark theater room with a huge high end TV and played the entire game with my jaw of the floor just like the first time I was able to run Crysis at max on my PC. Artistically I think Uncharted 2 is just a much better looking game plus its imho a much Better game.
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By huntad

I believe the thread is titled "Which has better graphics..." and not "Which has better screenshots...". I think it's important to stress that and give Uncharted 2 it's well-deserved credit for having better graphics.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@JJWeatherman said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
what?  Higher Resolution doesn't automatically equate to being better.  Uncharted 2 has far higher detail and many more framebuffer effects present than Modern Warfare 2.  I'm more of a PC Zealot than you and even I accept that Uncharted 2 is far superior graphically than Modern Warfare 2. "
Imagine Uncharted 2 with PC resolutions... "
Exactly.  I watched an LP of Uncharted recorded at 720P and my most consistent thought was "I wonder how this would look on a DX11 equipped PC with all the requisite assets and effects upgraded accordingly?".
MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrCandleguy

How about who cares? Its a game not a piece of art.

Pretty much sums up what i was thinking.
 Pretty much sums up what i was thinking.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20  Edited By Geno

If we're comparing both on the PS3, Uncharted 2 looks better without a doubt. I'm almost certain that Uncharted 2 uses higher texture resolution as well. I believe even if you compare the PC version of MW2 to Uncharted 2, it still a contest since the resolution bump doesn't necessarily beat the more detailed textures, better post processing, stronger art design and fluid animation of Uncharted 2. 

@HitmanAgent47: You're comparing screenshots from a low bitrate gameplay video of Uncharted 2 with full frame PC screenshots taken with FRAPS. You don't see anything wrong with that? Even Crysis at max settings looks like balls in screenshots from a low bitrate video. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47 said:

"

You having the technical understanding of engines or using an 8800GT doesn't make you more of a pc zealot than me. Anyone want these modern warfare 2 screenshots at 32X AA?

"
You're comparing a game engine which is based on Q3A with updates to an engine engineered from the ground up to be best of next gen.  Then you mention detail in the PC version of MW2 which far exceed what the PS3's platform is capable of rendering, based on its limited GPU specs and RAM ceiling.  As you already said, apples to apples, MW2 on consoles vs Uncharted 2 on consoles, UC2 wins.  By the same token if the PS3's ceiling was lifted UC2 would outshine MW2 at every level.  Now, you're offering 32x AA shots too?  Talk about unfair playing field.  I AM more of PC Zealot than you and I KNOW MORE about technology in general and in specific details than you.  Honestly mate, it's your kind of one-eyed irrational fanboyism which gives us decent and well informed PC gamers a bad name.  I know you feel you need to wave the flag for PC but doing so and not making sense does more to hinder the case for PC gaming than it does to help it.  Stop vomiting shots into every thread where PC is mentioned, it's silly, it's childish, it wastes time and  bandwidth and it does nothing to further your argument.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman
@SeriouslyNow said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
Imagine Uncharted 2 with PC resolutions... "
Exactly.  I watched an LP of Uncharted recorded at 720P and my most consistent thought was "I wonder how this would look on a DX11 equipped PC with all the requisite assets and effects upgraded accordingly?". "
Sadly, the world will never be able to know what that would look like because this would be the result of it: 
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Geno
@SeriouslyNow: Don't feed the troll dude, this is pretty routine for him. It never ends well either. 
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@JJWeatherman said:
" Uncharted 2. "
@ImmortalSaiyan said:
" Uncharted 2 looks far better. "
@NinjatheKid said:
" Uncharted 2. "
Uncharted 2, and as somebody said above, Uncharted 2 would look infinitely better than Modern Warfare 2 were it on a PC.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Geno: The look of the game doesn't change, just tell others to use a blur photoshop filter for my screenshots and it will still look good. I am not using .bmps or it will look much sharper. I find it a bit blurry tbh using jpegs. If you want, just add a sharpen filter to my ps3 screenshots, it's not going to give you more graphics. Perhaps you never seen ps3 games for ingame screenshots before. I know for others it's a bit of a shock.  

Some ppl can argue this cutscene still looks good, it's using the same video capturing process. Why does the cutscene looks good and ingame it doesn't? There are no smoke and mirrors and I don't really see art design as much as you. I know you like crysis with configs right? Well I don't so we see things differently. I just like high rez textures, not over saturated cell processor effects, low rez textures and high pixel shaders to the max with concept artist creating the design. I just like technical graphics better and modern warfare 2 looks great on the pc. I hope you have that game on pc and you have seen it.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Geno
@HitmanAgent47:  

The file is also named "VLCsnap".  

/conversation  
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Geno:  heh
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"

/MOTHERFUCKING THREAD !!! LOOK AT THAT SHIT! DOES THAT LOOK LIKE MW2 TO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS? HOLY WOW 

@BunkerBuster said:
" Those PC shots pretty much ended this thread. "
gotta love how huge the PC's dick is.. 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It was tough to find these, it seems there are like 10 real screenshots out of all the bullshots here. You see see the ability to select the book right? So that's ingame, these are actually real. I hitman am not here to decieve others, rather I am here to show how others are decieved by good animation and decent effects, with art.  Look here are real screenshots, these are direct feeds and there is absolutely no deception going on here with these screenshots. They are real and they speak for themselves, looks exactly like the other screenshots I posted earlier. Modern warfare 2 looks more real and has better textures, I think it's an underated game graphically so i'm standing by my opinion on that. I mean that's what the thread is about, which one of these games has better graphics. Are you going to use sweeping generalizations as truths from the gaming press or are you going to see for yourself? Like I said, there are exceptions, you can't just go by what other sites have said as truth. (tbh I don't trust what anyone says without seeing it for myself) They don't even acknowledge crysis exist on the pc and claims uncharted 2 has the best graphics and other ppl are regurgatating their misconceptions as truths. I disagree.

You can spin these, they have real video capture equipment and it looks exactly like the screenshots I posted earlier, so how do you explain that? You can't hide smoke and mirrors with screenshots, you see every detail regardless.
Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Bigrhyno

Crysis. Wait, did I misunderstand the question?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Geno
@HitmanAgent47: You don't understand what "better textures" means do you?
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47:   Turn up the resolution, specularity, aniso and AA at the same levels as MW2 in your PC shots and the game would look better than MW2 does on PC.  You make stupid, time wasting and fruitless comparisons based on arguments where you can only EVER present one view.  Grow up.  Please.  You make real, honest to goodness PC gamers look silly.  I'm embarrassed to have ever have tried to support you. 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@SeriouslyNow: my screenshots speaks for themselves. I want to ign and found only one real screenshot. A multiplayer screenshot, look at ign lie to all of you and you bought into their deception. I bought proof to the thread and your arguing rhetoric rather than reality. Look i'm a commander, I actually do things rather than theorize about things and what i'm doing is showing you everything ign didn't want you to see. They know if they posted real screenshots, they can't give the game a perfect score or whatever they gave for graphics. I am exposing a deception, where it's created by smoke and mirrors. Look what is your point? You don't have the proof to counter my point, a few words doesn't prove anything beyond a shadow of a doubt against modern warfare 2 which I fully support. I don't need your support, my screenshots doesn't need a commentary, just look at them.  

You know the ps3 can't turn up the textures, aniostropic filtering or AA to pc levels on a 7800GTX 256mb right? So they offset the rest of the effects to the cpu's cell processor. Don't you get it, what your seeing here is the limit of the gpu, look at multiplatform games. The rest of the graphics are from the cpu. Let me say this, port these games to pc, it's going to run it even better, at 100 frames per second with full AA. Are you saying there is no bottleneck with the 256mb gpu? You actually think they stream textures? Or the use the XDR ram because they say it's faster? It's a split architure, lots of bottlenecks if you don't use the gpu. Mulitplatform games proves this.
   these are the only real screenshots I can find with an ammo count, sorry for using multiplayer screenshots. It's all I can find because ign hid the truth to you.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By benpack

Super Mario Galaxy

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @SeriouslyNow: my screenshots speaks for themselves.
   "
You posted a lot of useless heavily compressed images.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@teh_pwnzorer: go ahead and sharpen them in photoshop, be my guest. It's not going to add more textures or anything sharpening it, you think there will be automatically more graphics?
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @teh_pwnzorer: go ahead and sharpen them in photoshop, be my guest. It's not going to add more textures or anything sharpening it, you think there will be automatically more graphics? "
The HUD itself in several of your screenshots on the first page of this thread looks like it went through Gaussian blur.   The screenshots on the second page look better.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@teh_pwnzorer: Okay, then use the second page as reference, if you think they look better. However I don't think it looks better than pc's modern warfare 2.  

Remember the cutscenes above is the same batch as the first screenshots. It's just cutscenes looks better than gameplay for ps3 games. 

If you think there is a blur filter sort of look the best thing to do is to download that screenshot and sharpen it with sharpen, or sharpen edge filter. You think it will make any difference? You can't add to what isn't there. I'm only showing ppl the truth of what ign doesn't want to show you, or any other gaming media site. They all know what I know and since they don't want to lose support on their site from sony for ads and other support, they have to remove all these real screenshots and use bullshots. I made a statement, i'm just backing it up with proof, that's all i'm doing, not rhetoric.
SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SpiralStairs

UC 2.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Geno
@HitmanAgent47: IGN's and Gamespot's image databases are filled with literally hundreds of realtime screenshots from the game, wtf are you talking about?   

Here is one more: 

Other than the things usually characteristic of console games (low AA, AF) the game looks amazing.  

It's ironic that you talk about "deception" and "smoke and mirrors" when you initially used screenshots from low bitrate console footage compared to full frame PC screenshots to try and prove your point, and now you're taking screenshots from the multiplayer portion of the game (which, as in all games, look noticeably worse than the singleplayer portions).  

If you want a fair comparison, go to gametrailers and compare video reviews or gameplay, which both come from the console version.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @teh_pwnzorer: Okay, then use the second page as reference, if you think they look better. However I don't think it looks better than pc's modern warfare 2.   Remember the cutscenes above is the same batch as the first screenshots. It's just cutscenes looks better than gameplay for ps3 games.  If you think there is a blur filter sort of look the best thing to do is to download that screenshot and sharpen it with sharpen, or sharpen edge filter. You think it will make any difference? You can't add to what isn't there. I'm only showing ppl the truth of what ign doesn't want to show you, or any other gaming media site. They all know what I know and since they don't want to lose support on their site from sony for ads and other support, they have to remove all these real screenshots and use bullshots. I made a statement, i'm just backing it up with proof, that's all i'm doing, not rhetoric. "
If you put an image through a lossy compression algorithm you will lose information/detail which you cannot regain.  Sharpening (i.e., unsharp mask) does not add detail that was lost.
George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By George_Hukas
@HitmanAgent47 said:  

"
I don't know why you are being attacked for speaking the truth. Thank you for posting these. People want to say if their was a PC version of UC2 it would look better, but then also claim this thread is an unfair comparison. They can't have their cake and eat it too. 

UC2 doesn't exist on PC, this is as good as this game will ever look. Maybe they've never seen a game running in gorgeous, true HD but if the PS3 was their only avenue to gaming I can see how they would get offended.

@teh_pwnzorer:
I think the difference between JPG artifacts and jaggie pixels is night and day. I know we all want to be enamored by the hi-res rubble, but everything 10-20 feet in front of the character model looks like shit.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@cide said:

"

@teh_pwnzorer: I think the difference between JPG artifacts and jaggie pixels is night and day. I know we all want to be enamored by the hi-res rubble, but everything 10-20 feet in front of the character model looks like shit. "

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I'm making a very specific point about Hitman posting screencaps of heavily compressed video (on the first page of this thread). 

I don't know which game looks better and I don't own either one.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@Geno: Using real time to show the engine isn't exactly ingame screenshots which I like to see. Look you can run uncharted 2's video review on gametrailers, i'm sure it will look fantastic in motion, it will look like the best to alot of ppl. Then what happens with that hd video, you pause it? Then you say, where did the graphics go? That's the truth, when you pause this game, it looks like these screenshots above, no one noticed that before since they are used to seeing bullshots.  

Well gametrailers will use the xbox360 version, I compared screenshots with the console version once in a thread. I posted console screenshots of modern warfare 2 compared to console screenshots, it's quite a difference. I hope it's not too much of an unfair advantage using pc screenshots, however the game is capable of alot when you give it higher settings among textures and other things. Look modern warfare 2 has great graphics. It looks kind of real.  

Here is also another thing I learned about graphics, ever turned a screenshot upside down? Why do this? Well you aren't saying eyes, nose mouth head, like using your left brain. Rather with ps3 screenshots like the one you posted, you will see things differently. You will see the technical graphics instead of the iconic language and you can't see the art design. Tell me are these graphics really that great? Look at modern warfare 2 upside down, you will still see realistic shapes and good texture quality all around. I bet I can take any of your pc screenshots, turn them upsidedown and they all look clear. For arguement sake let's use one of the vlc snaps then, I turned it upsidedown so you can't see the smoke and mirrors yet you will see what I see. Great technique for seeing technical graphics.

What I see,  (true of every ps3 exclusive cell processor game)
-low geometry 
-overly saturated bright colors 
-dull colored textures 
-low rez textures 
-jaggies 2X AA quazcuntz AA, I hope I spelled that right 
-some contrast and bloom lighting
-over use of pixel shader effects over textures, gun is shiny at least

-quite 3d, lots of dimensionality

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@HitmanAgent47: The last screencap looks like something out of a youtube video.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Geno
@cide: On the contrary, I play games at 1920x1080 with at least 2x2 SSAA at 60fps any chance I can get. The problem is that he is comparing good textures (UC2) at low res, low AA, low AF (console) to bad textures (MW2) at high res, high AA and high AF (PC). Well, no shit the second one will look better. That's about the same as saying that Crysis 2 on PC will look better than Crysis 2 on console. It's a no brainer and not relevant. Not to mention he posted a lot of disingenuous rubbish, and continues to spout BS on technical stuff he doesn't even understand (sharpening images in Photoshop to simulate high resolution? Lmao).  

@teh_pwnzorer said:

" @HitmanAgent47: The last screencap looks like something out of a youtube video. "

Either that or a gametrailers video. "Bitrate" is another thing that needs to be added to the long list of PC terms that Hitman needs to learn. 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@teh_pwnzorer: Youtube videos looks alot worst.  

Okay now let's look at modern warfare 2 (as it was intended) upside down. Let's just forget all these graphical techniques and look at what we can see.   

-simple geometry, yet detailed at some places 
-lots of textures on clothing and the gun, high resolution textures 
-natural lighting, not some overly bright bloom 
-realistic sort of look to the graphics, not cartoony at all 
-a bit of a shine to cars and guns, not as much shader effects as uncharted 2 
-sharp looking game not dull at all 
-aniostropic filtering, you can see quite far into the distance 
-detailed, ex leaves, grass 
-good fire effects

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HitmanAgent47

@Geno: You just keep pretending I don't know it. However you still didn't explain the gamespot screenshots or ign's, then again anything that doesn't support you arguement, you pretend it doesn't exist and ignore it calling it wrong. I'm obviously using vlc snap to take screenshots from a 720p video, however ign and gamespot used direct feed, which is probally more accurate. It's not going to change the look or the design of the game that much, that's what the game sort of looks like, maybe blurrier. It's not going to look better if the screenshots was perfectly sharp, it's still going to look like a semi realistic cartoon with lots of effects. If you like that more power to you. 

Maybe you just don't know what ps3 games looks like, they all have the same sort of look, here is god of war 3 for reference sakes. http://www.taxigamer.com/PlayStation_3/God_of_War_III/25640/sheet.html 

Looks similar, cell processor effects, no one besides me knows what ps3 games really looks like and your finding out. Click on the spoiler to see another ps3 game, it has the same things, low geometry, low rez textures, bright, overuse of shaders, ect. It's just your seeing these as real screenshots for the first time.  

Here is a god of war 3 screenshot, the second so called best looking game.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Geno
@HitmanAgent47 said:

" @Geno: You just keep pretending I don't know it. However you still didn't explain the gamespot screenshots, then again anything that doesn't support you arguement, you pretend it doesn't exist and ignore it calling it wrong. "

I'll break it down for you (seem familiar? Yeah it's like the other dozen times I've had to sit you down and explain rudimentary stuff to you):  

Youtube and Gametrailers videos (and Game videos or whatever) are low bitrate. What this means is that per frame (e.g. what you capture in a paused section), the quality is very low. What this also means is that when you take such a screenshot and compare it to one taken with FRAPS, it's a TOTALLY unfair comparison, since FRAPS captures the "real" frame with all of its RGB info. The bitrate of an uncompressed video taken with FRAPS for instance is literally orders of magnitudes larger than the bitrate of a typical gameplay video on the internet. The majority of your screenshots so far are taken in such a way, and you are still using them even now.  

I've already responded to your Gamespot picture. I'll in fact quote myself: 

@Geno

said:

Other than the things usually characteristic of console games (low AA, AF) the game looks amazing.  

Once they release a PS3 emulator in a few years or whatever you can up the AA, AF and res of the above as well, and I guarantee you it will easily look better than MW2. Until then, the only honest comparison is console to console. 
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Geno: Look I get it, sorry for posting those screenshots, it gives you an idea of how the game looks like. That's my point, it's just there are no real uncharted 2 screenshots on the net. I took those before the game was out btw. Then I had to scramble to find some at ign. You acknowledge my screenshots from ign and gamespot too. Also thanks for posting that one unimpressive gamespot screenshot, I can show you something more impressive from tomb raider underworld on the pc if I want to, however it's from my old X1050 display. Besides those, the rest aren't even ingame, it's bullshots unfortunetly, not alot of selection if I don't have a capture card. Really no sites wants to give you real screenshots.

Okay when the ps3 can be emulated, of course it will look sharper, however the geometry is still very low which is due to a very unpowerful gpu. Too much polygons, they should use more normal mapping, if they had the power to do more of it. I don't think that looks good tbh and if we sharpen it, it's not going to add to the polygons. It just will give you a sharper image if it's emulated. Few less jaggies and a further viewing distance won't change the low geometry graphics. It still looks a bit cartoony, however if you can bring up the rez, it will look more impressive of course. However I think you will notice the low rez textures more. It's going to really show. It's not like an emulator can bring up the memory for the textures and stuff like that.