Which next Castlevania should Vinny play for VinnyVania?

GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which next Castlevania should Vinny play for VinnyVania? (156 votes)

Rondo of Blood 72%
Dracula X 27%

Happy to hear that the next chapter in VinnyVania could happen soon!

• 
Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

The Rondo of Blood port in Dracula X Chronicles? That PSP game also contains the most content complete and properly localized version of Symphony of the Night. I'm pretty sure the PSN version runs on PSTV.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cybexx said:

The Rondo of Blood port in Dracula X Chronicles? That PSP game also contains the most content complete and properly localized version of Symphony of the Night. I'm pretty sure the PSN version runs on PSTV.

It's not playable on PSTV; I've tried :(

I threw my hat in the ring for Rondo. It's a better version of that game. However, I could see doing DX, only because they played 4 on the SNES as well.

I do have a soft spot for Dracula X, though, only because I've played it a TON compared to Rondo. Decisions Decisions....

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@cybexx said:

Weird. PSTV continuing to disappoint at every turn.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybexx said:
@tanookisuit said:
@cybexx said:

Weird. PSTV continuing to disappoint at every turn.

Yeah, sadly. It was one of a handful of games I was SUPER disappointed didn't run on it. It really is the best version of Symphony, though.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Sessh

Vinny's playing every game on an emulator anyway, so I really don't see any issue with the PSP version.

Also they should definitely go with Rondo (in any version) over Dracula X on SNES. Going with the somewhat shitty port, just because it technically was the next US. release (as Vinny hinted at in his twitter) is honestly a dumb reason.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Castlevania Bloodlines came out before Dracula X. They should absolutely play Bloodlines before Dracula X, since it seems like Rondo of Blood may not be possible.

Shinespark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rondo of Blood on a Turbografx emulator or the Wii Virtual Console. No reason to pick Dracula X over Rondo in 2016.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybexx: isnt it more to do with konami than it actually being able yo run on pstv?

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybexx: isnt it more to do with konami than it actually being able yo run on pstv?

Yes, exactly this. Konami put the kaibosh on having it made available on PSTV, or didn't want to bother spending time with Sony on the process, which I can't imagine is anything other than saying "Yes, allow this game" and an update on Sony's whitelist.

Then again, I'm no Sony/Konami exec so who knows.

Avatar image for metalliccookies
metalliccookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rondo of Blood has anime thus it is better.... but really Rondo of Blood is simply a better version of DX... and you can even get Rondo of Blood on the Nintendo Wii Shop so no more Xbox D-Pads :P

Also the only way to see the true ending of Rondo of Blood/DX is to beat the game with Maria (who is only in RoB and not DX)

No Caption Provided
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Sonic 06.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silver-streak: Much as I like Bloodlines, I do wonder if that is possible for a livestream because you have limited lives. Somehow I think watching Vinny start from the beginning again every week would be interesting, but also would probably be by far the longest CV game they play.

As for Rondo of Blood, if they have no problem playing NES and SNES games via emulator (which they've been doing), playing Rondo via emulator of the PC Engine version, or the PSP version, should be fine.

On second thought, we've missed a very important Castlevania game so far ;) At least playing stage 1 for that awesome song would be neat.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rondo of Blood blows Dracula X out of the water, no contest.

Using this as an opportunity to dump an old video on it.

Loading Video...

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've been on the Rondo of Blood band wagon for awhile. Mainly because it's the only Castlevania worth playing that I never was able to finish. And I don't really like the SNES Castlevania games all that much.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@belegorm: If my memory and the internet are correct, It's actually really easy to bypass the limited continues/limited lives deal. You just hit reset on the console/emulator when you die after running out of continues/lives. It'll start you back at the start of that level with the same lives you had, but with 2 continues again.

Or if they're using a emulator, just set unlimited continues.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

It would be Rondo ideally.

Though, frankly I don't know shit about Bloodlines... anyone want to give me the 411? I've read the Castlevania chronology so many times but I can never keep it straight.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Bloodlines was where they somehow tied in Bram Stoker's Dracula into the whole thing, what with John Morris.

Bloodlines and Circle of the Moon are kind of their own thing, they fit into the chronology but not too much crossover of the characters between those 2 games and the rest of the series.

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By AsherV20

Oh that Papa Vinny! He's such a jokester!

No but seriously. Rondo.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

Bloodlines, absolutely. I hope they don't skip it because that soundtrack is fantastic. And knowing this series, we'll here these songs A LOT.

But between those two, I'd say Rondo.

Ollienaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rondo of blood is a much better game and directly ties to symphony of the night "story" wise, thats why I think ideally they should play bloodlines and then rondo to finish the traditional games before moving on to symphony of the night and into the rpg castlevania games

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shit... just saw Vinny's tweet, after the fact. For the love of God, if you can only play one of them, play Rondo, Vinny. In a perfect world you could play both and see how US gamers got fucked over, but maaaan while I don't think Dracula X is terrible, it's really disappointing compared to Rondo

Also Bloodlines is great.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I have no idea what the order for these games is, but I would like to see Symphony of the Night one of these days, as I have never played it and probably never will.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rondo for sure, but I do think they should put in a bunch of cheats and do all three GB games in one sitting. Granted, only one of them is good, but they all have pretty good music and it would only take about 3 hours.