Which of my games should I go back to?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By nintendoeats

So I've been wanting another game to play, but I feel like I have tons already, I just don't know which are worth playing. I own nearly 600 games, but I haven't played alot of them.

So can you take a look at my collection and tsuggest something that I might have missed. I can't really list all of th ones that I have played, but I haven't touched most of my PC, Atari, intellivision, NES, Genesis and SNES games. But if you see anything from outside those categories feel free to give that a shout too. Just as long as it isn't something totally obvious (dude, I've played Half-Life).

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/nintendoeats/collection/46-16907/

cheers :)

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By spaceturtle

600? You're one crazy bloke, I can tell you that...

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nintendoeats
@SPACETURTLE said:
" 600? You're one crazy bloke, I can tell you that... "
Keep in mind, most of those are games that I bought for 2 bucks a pop. Over the course of 5 or 6 years.
Colf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Colf

98% of those games are bad.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nintendoeats
@Colf: Well, I wouldn't go that far. Dated is probably more accurate (well, ok, there are also lots of bad ones int here too).
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nintendoeats
@gakon5: I actually placed a request for that on the "editing and tools forum."
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spaceturtle
@gakon5: 
NEVER call me a "kid" EVER again... We clear?

NEVER!!!

=)

@nintendoeats:
After just having a very brief look at the list, I personally really wanted to fire up some Ape Escape again, cause that is still a damn good game. Never gets dated, nor does Beyond Good & Evil.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman

Play Yars' Revenge.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nintendoeats
@SPACETURTLE: This what I'm talking about. I played about half of Ape Escape 2 like 3 months ago, but I dfenitely owe it to myself to fire up Beyond good and evil. I never got more than a few hours into that game.

Keep em coming, and remember that I am perfectly happy with some retro-goodness.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nintendoeats
@JJWeatherman said:
" Play Yars' Revenge. "
Ha. Ok.
 Right now.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By TheHT

600? just scroll randomly and shake your mouse pointer around for 30 seconds and whatever you're closest to, play.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By agentboolen

Thats quite a collection. I would say Crazy Taxi should be played at least once a month for the rest of your life

CRAZY TAXI 4 LIFE!!!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Claude

I didn't see Dragon Age: Origins on your list. Maybe you should add that to it. I've been playing Morrowind too, but you don't seem to like it. Deus Ex has some pretty good mods. I still have that game on my hard drive.
moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By moelarrycurly

Go to The Backloggery, make a page, and then begin to sort things out.  It even has a Fortune Cookie feature.  Of course, typing in all those games is going to be a chore... 

In the meantime, my vote goes to Eternal Darkness.

oldjack327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By oldjack327

Max Payne, Mega Man 2, Chu Chu Rocket, and Super Mario Bros 3.  This potent combo of awesome could likely cure cancer.

Although since you don't have Super Castlevania 4 or Mega Man 3, I feel sad for you. 

EDIT: Yes, Eternal Darkness is awesome as well.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By ArcLyte

for your own sake, do not play a vast majority of those games.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By fugie7

well you should go back in playing crackdown and finish those burnout games that was on your list.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nintendoeats
@moelarrycurly: Wow thats a neat site. I may attempt that. But I just finished moving everything move to giantbomb, not another one!!!!

I'll probably do it, because that is legitimately useful.

I played a bunch of Eternal Darkness, but the combat really got to me. But its been ages, I should give it another ago.

(I am keeping track of all these BTW)
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nintendoeats
@fugie7 said:
" well you should go back in playing crackdown and finish those burnout games that was on your list. "
Both very done.
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spaceturtle
@gakon5 said:
" @SPACETURTLE said:
" @gakon5: 
NEVER call me a "kid" EVER again... We clear?

NEVER!!!

=)

@nintendoeats: After just having a very brief look at the list, I personally really wanted to fire up some Ape Escape again, cause that is still a damn good game. Never gets dated, nor does Beyond Good & Evil. "
Aight, man.

Also, it's funny that on the internet, we often have to append a ;) or :) to a comment so as to indicate, no, I'm kidding.  I'm not making fun of you, it's just clever internet sarcasm. "
Hah! Yeah, I know. I was considering just passing on the "=)" since it was kinda obvious that I was joking. But then again, what is obvious to me might not be obvious to others, ey? So I included it after all just to be safe side, you knaaaaw. 

@agentboolen said:
" Thats quite a collection. I would say Crazy Taxi should be played at least once a month for the rest of your life  CRAZY TAXI 4 LIFE!!! "

This is of course also a very true. I guess I'm a sinner though, cause I havent played Crazy Taxi in a life time... Its more a crime really.
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spaceturtle
@nintendoeats: 
You got some games... But guess I've already expressed I think that. I have now had a real look at your list, and there are a couple more games I got the lust to replay as soon as I was reminded they existed again. Generally a pretty decent collection you got, by the way.

•  Freedom Fighters. Gather the dudes for a couple rounds of multiplayer. I remember having mates over playing that game for hours. The multiplayer split screen is so much fun!
  •  Crash Bandicoot. One of the best platformers EVER! 
  •  Zone Of The Enders. Remember playing the demo and fell completely in love with this. Simply a great game.
  •  Rayman. Another over the top awesome platformer
  •  STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. I actually just completed my second playthrough of this with the complete 09 mod. Such a great game. Consider myself as a serious STALKER fan, and SoC is the best of the three games released so far, most fans of the series thinks so I would guess.
  • I know this aint on your list, but you should definitely try to find a copy of this to your collection... Check it!
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nintendoeats
@SPACETURTLE:  Hardy har ho har.

Thanks. STALKER and Rayman I have already played to my satisfaction (both excellent games). I\ve touched breifly on the others, but I'll get more in depth with them. I don't have any multiplayer buds at the moment, but I understand that the Freedom Fighters single player is still excellent.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks :)
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nintendoeats
@JJWeatherman said:
" Play Yars' Revenge. "
Shite, that game doesn't pull any punches. I had to read the manual to figure out how to get past the first level, then the second one was about 10 times more difficult.

I actually really want to see where they go with the shield designs. I can't belive that I'm saying this, but I have to play some more Yar's Revenge.
spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spaceturtle
@nintendoeats:
Oh, yes! You've gotten it right. The Freedom FIghters single player is also very, very good!

No problem! ;)
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By JJWeatherman
@nintendoeats said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Play Yars' Revenge. "
Shite, that game doesn't pull any punches. I had to read the manual to figure out how to get past the first level, then the second one was about 10 times more difficult.  I actually really want to see where they go with the shield designs. I can't belive that I'm saying this, but I have to play some more Yar's Revenge. "

Yeeeees! No one can resist the call of the Yars.
Rieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Rieter

Auto Assault.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By EVO

I had a look through your list and didn't see ICO, Machinarium or Rez on there. Essential games for any gamer.

Also, you're way off on LittleBigPlanet. That game is anything but limited.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nintendoeats
@Rieter: I assume that thou speakest in jest, for all of us shouldst now be aware that Auto Assault's servers are no longer for this world.

@EVO:

ICO is a bit of a long story. I've played a good bucnh of it.
Machinarium is neat, but something about it just doesn't do it for me. I'll probably play it in some point, but I'm in no rush.
Rez I just haven't got around to yet. I will defenitely pick it up one day.

But really, if I was going to spend more money there are lots of games that I could be playing right now. I'm trying to find things in my massive collection that are worth the plastic they are built out of.

And as for little big planet, I obviosuly wouldn't argue that the EDITOR is limited. But the gameplay really doesn't feel like it is good for anything beyond the scope of the professionaly designed levels. And even then, the floaty jump and difficulty of making sure you are on the proper plane made that a chore. The bar is set very high for platformers and LBP doesn't stand up. Plus, there is no real room to create much of an atmosphere in the editor (I can think of some things you could do, but the sack-boy character would always kill it). If you want a bunch of puzzles, and a way to make more, LBP will give you that. But that isn't generally what I'm after.

Basicly, there is alot to be done with LBP, but the more interesting the thing you want to do, the more you have to fight with the game's basic nature in order to do it.

IMHO

EDIT: I guess I did just argue that the editor is limited. Oh well, I stand by my statements.

EDIT2: In the end, my feelings on LBP can be summed up as such: Pretty good Level design, slightly mucky controls. The editing tools are great, but the time I could spend learning to use them effectively would be better spent learning C++.