Which publisher has the best racing games?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

So I just purchased an Xbox One, and along with it I picked up Forza 5, and Forza Horizon 2, and together I feel like Microsoft has the strongest slate of racing games current, which is weird because it didn't use to. For the longest time I would argue EA, with Burnout and Need for Speed, Codemasters with GRiD and DiRT, or even Sony with Motorstorm, and Gran Turismo. However the last few games from EA have been lackluster at best, Driveclub was a disappointment on many levels. I think Microsoft has the perfect blend of both Arcade racing games (Horizon) and Simulation (Forza Motorsport), what do you guys think?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nintendo - Mario Kart

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Overall, I think I'd have to give the crown to Codemasters as today's foremost racing game publisher (and developer). I'd definitely put Microsoft with Forza and Forza Horizon in the conversation for the top spot as well.

EA's recent track record is very spotty and killing Burnout is unforgivable. Sony publishes racing games pretty infrequently and Driveclub was generally not well received. Beyond those, there are a lot of smaller publishers/developers like Bugbear that probably merit a mention but are far from prolific in today's racing game scene.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

MS

Forza: Horizon 2 is the best racing game since Burnout 3 imo, and the regular Forza games are amazing, so much so it's just a standard to assume they will be great whenever they are released.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Overall, I think I'd have to give the crown to Codemasters as today's foremost racing game publisher (and developer). I'd definitely put Microsoft with Forza and Forza Horizon in the conversation for the top spot as well.

EA's recent track record is very spotty and killing Burnout is unforgivable. Sony publishes racing games pretty infrequently and Driveclub was generally not well received. Beyond those, there are a lot of smaller publishers/developers like Bugbear that probably merit a mention but are far from prolific in today's racing game scene.

Yeah I think the growth of specifically Simulation style games largely on the PC is fascinating to watch with things like Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, iRacing, etc. The arcade style on the other hand feels largely still in the mold of the typical publishers, with Horizon 2 being the only significant arcade racer in while that I can think of outside of The Crew.