• 64 results
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By krazy_kyle

I rent my games off a service called LoveFilm. It's great because its £15 a month for as many rentals as you want but you can only have 2 disks of a time. The only downside to the service is that it takes a while for games to be sent back to them and its very hard to get games whenever they come out. Sometimes I just wish I had enough money to buy games because it sucks not getting games when they are just released such as Red Dead Revolver so I can join in on the multiplayer with my mates, etc. DAMN YOU COLLEGE EXPENSES!
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

I buy my games 99% of the time. Its pretty rare I rent a game.

lolicanseeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lolicanseeyou
@krazy_kyle: duder ur krazy jk I rent mine as well
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

if I could rent games where I live I would. Especially now that money is tight, 6-8 hour games just feel like a waste of money (especially when I dont play multiplayer). It's not that I don't like the games, but these days, I would rather buy a ok game that lasts me 20 hours than a excelent one that lasts 6. Most of the time I wait until I find them for half price anyway (which is common in the UK, where I get all my games from).

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mono_Listo

On rare occasion I'll try a game out at Blockbuster before I commit to purchasing it.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By elko84
@c1337us said:
" I buy my games 99% of the time. Its pretty rare I rent a game. "
This.
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hourai

I rent most of the time unless the game has multiplayer or a long lasting value. I'll be renting Alan Wake in a few weeks, for example. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jadeskye

i havn't rented a game since the PS1 days. buy them all.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spaceturtle

Here in Norway we can't rent games -- which sucks. So I buy all my games. To be honest, on occasions I also do the ILLEGAL download. Shame on me, I know. To my defence I can't rent.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedneckedCrake

Renting to me is pointless. I make sure to purchase games I know that I want. I have no need to "test" them out as others do.
Avatar image for animal_crushing
Animal_Crushing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Animal_Crushing

First game I rented since 2005: Heavy Rain. So glad I didn't buy that.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By uniform

I don't rent games, but if I actually cared about playing games like God of War 3, I sure as hell would.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By EpicSteve

I rent most games because I'm able to beat most in that rental time-frame.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By septim

Renting is the only way to go for me. I have a Game Pass plan with a Blockbuster not a minute away from my house. I play through all the new games (usually 4 a month) for $21.99. It allows me to focus on a single game and propels me to finish them instead of languishing on my shelf.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Venatio

Most of the time I buy videogames because I prefer to own so that I can have my collection, but I'll rent sometimes, like right now i'm renting Just Cause 2, it's awesome

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Arbie

I never even considered renting games until it was recommended to me by a guy over xbox live, he has something crazy like 200,000 G, because by renting it opened up the door for games you wouldn't really consider spending £30-£40 on but would like to give a try. I still haven't got round to it and continue to buy, but with hoping to head into Uni this September I'll probably be considering Lovefilm for all non MP games.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By rjayb89

I enjoy renting "bad" games.  "Bad" like Blood on the Sand "Bad."  Other than that, I usually buy games even if I don't open them up right away.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#18  Edited By alistercat  Online

I can't justify buying something if I know I'll be done with it in the time I could have rented it. I never buy bad games, never have to trade in games. I only buy games I know I'll love, and therefore keep. I have played so many games that I get from LoveFilm, some of them brand new releases too. I find renting allows me to play games that I'm not sure about without commitment, and being able to say I had a good experience without thinking about how much money it cost me.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#19  Edited By citizenkane

Since money is tight for me, so I rent most of the games I play and I do it through GameFly.  Great service.

Ghostfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ghostfish

Generally, I rent all my games from Gamefly now.  When I play I tend to play that one game exclusively, do everything there is to do (or that I WANT to do) in it, and then never play it again since there's really no need to ever come back to it.  There's no way I'm paying full retail price for a game I'm gonna play for a couple weeks and then never touch again, that's just a giant waste of money for me.  Plus I can get games that I'm interested in but not enough to pay full price for.  Every now and again there's an exception when I know I'll be playing it for a good long while or I just HAVE to have it when it comes out, but for the most part - rent.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ravensword

I do because im unemployed right now.
RobotToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RobotToaster

If GameFly delivered to Australia, maybe more often. 

But at the moment I usually base my purchase of a demo.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Iceman2913

I sometimes do but Blockbuster has jacked up there prices which is bull

Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Defias

Haven't rented in the longest time because I luckily have a good friend who buys all the new games and I borrow them off him

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Cube

Buying games is such a waste of money, it's rather sad that a lot more people don't rent their games. Hey, your money. Do what you want with it, but I can't justify $60 for a game I'll most likely get tired of/finish in a week. Anymore, at least.

Incredible waste.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NathHaw

I predominantly rent.  I rarely buy games that aren't PC.  I make exceptions for console or handheld games that have some significant meaning for me; in those cases, I buy.  Deadly Premonition is the most recent game I bought.  I think I picked it up a couple weeks ago. 

I'll probably buy Mario Galaxy 2 and Final Fantasy XIII next week.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Burns098356GX

I honestly can't remember the last game I rented. It must have been on the PS1. Or possibly the SNES.

irish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By irish

Renting is good sometimes but it can be problem when you rent a game that's open world with lots of stuff to do. Then it pressures you to play as much as you can before you have to return or else pay a late fee or rent it for another week which can be a shitty way to play a game. I rent mostly First Person Shooters as they can be finished in a few days. If it has quality Multiplayer I'll buy it though.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By apathylad
@CitizenKane said:
" Since money is tight for me, so I rent most of the games I play and I do it through GameFly.  Great service. "
I've had bad luck with Gamefly, most of their recent releases are always in low stock. Hence, I don't use it anymore.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've used gamefly a few time and I'm always very dissatisfied.  Partially because I'm about as far away from a shipping facility as you can get, partially because I can never get a game within the first 4 months of its release no matter how strategically I send games back.  When I was a kid, my mom would rent me a game every Friday night for my Gamecube or PS2 from the local renting place.  Every renting place around here is closed down now though, except for one where we have a 25 dollar late fee :P

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PillClinton
@krazy_kyle: We have GameFly here in the States.  It's pretty much the exact same thing as LoveFilm.
Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Darksaw

I've been renting a ton of 360 games lately from a service similar to Lovefilm. Great way to save money.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By A_Dog

I use lovefilm too. 

I use it for the games I have an interest in but don't want to buy.

Innovacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Innovacious

Not for a long time. I can still remember the last game i rented, it was Taz in Escape from Mars

Renting PC games dosnt really work that well anyway.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DukeTogo

I used to rent them but between Hollywood Video going under, Blockbuster letting people essentially keep shit as long as they want (without buying enough copies to meet demand), there just isn't anyplace for me to rent anymore without going the Gamefly route - something I don't want to do.

Onlive might be worth using as a rental service, after trying it out it seems like the ideal way to play a game you'd otherwise not be inclined to buy or go out of your way to rent.  Especially since you don't need to play the queue game that Gamefly vets know so well.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#36  Edited By Chemin

I never rent games, and never will. Then again, i seldom buy games on release, so i pay like 20-40 bucks for most games.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Spence_5060

In the Americas I use GameFly which lets me rent 2 games for about $25 a month. Sometimes I don't get what I want to play, but since they have such a big back log of games that go all the way back to last gen gaming, I definitely have games that I want to play that I missed playing in the past. And since I have two at a time I ust play one then send that one back and while waiting I play the other one and just rotate the games in and out as much as possible. It's definitely not perfect but it is better than making a mistake of buying a bad $60 dollar game.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jambones
@elko84 said:
" @c1337us said:
" I buy my games 99% of the time. Its pretty rare I rent a game. "
This. "
I would do this if I could, but since 'money's too tight to mention,' I think I'll have to start renting. I hate not having a game on hand for replay later.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By c1337us
@Jambones: I wouldn't take that to mean that all I am doing is buying games though. I am not exactly swimming around in piles of cash like Scrooge McDuck but when I buy games they just get played until I am ready to buy another.
Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I used to rent a lot, but now the Hollywood video next to my house is closed up.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jambones
@c1337us: No, no. I get what you mean. Sorry if I made it seem like I was saying "look at old Mr Moneybags over there!" or something. I just meant I wish I could keep my game library current and keep those games for replay later, but if I want to play the latest and greatest all the time I will have to seriously consider rentals.
Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

I rent, it's cheaper in the long run, however there are games that i just have to own (RDR, Borderlands)

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DoctorWelch

GAMEFLY MUTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The trick is to have the two game plan so you can always have a game out, and always have a space open and waiting so they send you the brand new games.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I almost always rent games before purchasing them. My dad has a Blockbuster Online subscription which gives me 2 free game rentals per month. It was really cool back when they let me keep games for about 15 days, so if I played my cards right, I could have a the whole month covered. Now it's down to 5 days.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SSValis

I use Gamefly, it can be slow but that way I can play every game that mildly amuses me

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ryax

i only rent games if im less than 50% sure about it

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By Jayross

I was thinking about starting up a Gamefly account so that I would be able to play all of the singleplayer games that I cannot afford, like Alan Wake.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DukesT3

every now and then. I just rented Blur this week and.. yea.. kind of happy I did. I usually buy most of mine though.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By DanielJW

When I rent, I go to Block Buster.  I don't often feel the need to rent, so I don't mind the slightly higher cost of it. 

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I have not rented a game in over a year, but I think I should start again.