Why does Neogaf hate Giantbomb's community ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't know enough about neogaf to say anything negative about them. Haters gonna hate.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By TwoOneFive
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I don't know enough about neogaf to say anything negative about them. Haters gonna hate.

"
its actually a great forum with a ton of users who work in the gaming industry and there is always someone there who can answer just about anything. even something completely non-game-related. they tend to break a lot of news too. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Dany said:
" @Lijik said:
" So how about that Fireplace quick look? EDIT- Oh wow this is the first time I've actually done anything other than watch videos and do a few quests here. "
You are a silver member with only one post. Don't know why I find that astounding "
its actually something i find odd quite often. 
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I fail to see how anyone can have any opinion on anything about this. 

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@TwoOneFive: okay I have a few more questions about neo gaf. What does neo gaf means? is it like a matrix reference?  

Also how is the moderation like there? Is it nazish? Or are there like a ton of trolls? Do they review games?
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@HitmanAgent47:
GAF was once the Gaming Age Forums, Gaming Age was a magazine.  The 'zine died but the forums were rebuilt, hence NEO (new) GAF.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By DJ_Lae

Why would the existence of threads on NeoGaf imply they hate Giant Bomb's community? 

Lots of us over there are members on both sites.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Geno

Neogaf is probably better for overall hyping and discussion about games and the games industry simply from the sheer number of people. I don't have exact numbers but their community seems almost an order of magnitude larger, and unlike boards like GT and GS they aren't just filled with 12-year olds either. They also seem to have a larger proportion of PC gamers, so things like modding and emulation are more thoroughly explored.  

The one thing that annoys me though is the idea fervently held by many of their members that PC gaming is for everyone. They even spread disingenuous assertions to convince people of this, like "you can play Crysis on a $500 PC built 2 years ago", commonly found in their raving pro-PC threads. You'd be hard pressed to find a greater Crysis fan or PC gaming enthusiast than myself, but even I can see how counter-productive and deceptive such statements are. At least the amount of people shouting such inanities here at GB is much smaller; we seem a lot less fanboyish in general. 

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By fullmetal5550

Hating our entire community is silly. I could understand hating one or two people but not hating the entire community. There is absolutely no way they met our entire community and by hating all of us they are just stereotyping and generalizing us. If people are going to hate us they should at least meet all of us first before they judge us.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By foggel

never heard of them

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

because people like them much like many people here and people on message boards everywhere, take the internet too fucking seriously. as if it actually has an impact on their lives. 

when people come to the conclusion that as far as everyone knows we all don't even exist to each other, then the internet can become cool. until then this kind of stuff will come up time and time again, and why anyone even cares to pay attention to it is beyond me.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#112  Edited By benpack

It seems from this thread that there is a lot of crossover between the two sites. There are a few users over there who don't like us, and a few users on this site who don't like them. But I'm sure the majority of people from both sites are indifferent or like the other site. Can't we just unite over our love of vidja games?

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By Daroki
@aurahack said:
" They stay there because they're a community. We stay here because we're a community.  Starting to get the picture? Good. "
+1.    

Fuck it, not +1, more like DING!  WINNER!   

I like GB better than any other VG website I've visited, I'm sure the GAFfers feel the same way about NEOGaf.  To each their own.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By hellsing321

Hey GB. We got Jeff posting over in our thread so take that! :P

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By tsolless
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @TwoOneFive: okay I have a few more questions about neo gaf. What does neo gaf means? is it like a matrix reference?   Also how is the moderation like there? Is it nazish? Or are there like a ton of trolls? Do they review games? "
They are Illuminati agents.
fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By fullmetal5550
@GlenTennis said:

" It seems from this thread that there is a lot of crossover between the two sites. There are a few users over there who don't like us, and a few users on this site who don't like them. But I'm sure the majority of people from both sites are indifferent or like the other site. Can't we just unite over our love of vidja games? "

It would be nice if we could all get along but some people get really attached to a website and get mad when others don't like their website. It is the same when someone does not like a game someone else likes. It should not matter what our preference in games or what equipment we use to play games on. What matters is that we are all gamers. We should not be hating other communities. We should all be discussing what games we enjoy to play, what games we are looking forward too, and the best way to help the gaming industry.

I know some people are going to insult me for this but I am a member of the Escapist gaming website. I know some people here do not like the Escapist website all that much but that does not make me hate them or their entire community. I like GiantBomb. It is a great site with great people.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By canucks23
@tsolless said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
" @TwoOneFive: okay I have a few more questions about neo gaf. What does neo gaf means? is it like a matrix reference?   Also how is the moderation like there? Is it nazish? Or are there like a ton of trolls? Do they review games? "
They are Illuminati agents. "
He's totally right dude
tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By tsolless

I just read the thread that the OP has linked to.

They're not insulting GiantBomb, they are insulting the idiot who made this thread and the idiots who agreed with him.

Considering that the OP was thinking that they hate GiantBomb because they have fan threads of GB content that they discuss on their website instead of the GB forums, they are pretty much correct. Hell, how many hundreds of forums do we have here dedicated to discussion of games that have their own official forums? Man, alot of people must hate Cataclysm, based upon the recent posts in that thread.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By weltal

Despite the fact that this is a silly thread full of silly things, I really want to turn this into a real feud. The kind where if you hear someone talking about NeoGAF in real life you stab them with the closest sharp object that you can grab. Let's do this NeoGAF! THROW DOWN!

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By dipstick

Because people who browse giantbomb regularly have developed this weird God Complex that their videogame community is better than everything else. People take this site and the word "fanatical" to a whole new level. I get that people are big fans of something and really want to be a part of it, but it just comes off creepy more often than not.

firehawk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By firehawk12
@HitmanAgent47:@HitmanAgent47 said:

People don't troll unless they want to commit account suicide, and even then that practice has died down for the most part.  The reason is that getting an account on GAF is hard (if you go back to some old Bombcasts, Ryan was complaining about it for a while) so no one wants to lose their account or get a huge ban. 

@Weltal

said:

" Despite the fact that this is a silly thread full of silly things, I really want to turn this into a real feud. The kind where if you hear someone talking about NeoGAF in real life you stab them with the closest sharp object that you can grab. Let's do this NeoGAF! THROW DOWN! "

Well, it's funny because Jeff talked about how GAF's reception to the GB crew changed right after the GameSpot incident on one of those webcam things he signed up for.  I wasn't around then, but apparently Twilight Princess getting an 8.8 was like the end of the world over there.  So, all you need to start a feud is to have someone give a "low" score to a "big" game (because 8.8 is low!).
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By meteora

Hater's gonna hate.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#123  Edited By Claude

I'm 45 and what is this?

Abe Lincoln and Luchadeer... uh, uh, uh, uh
  Abe Lincoln and Luchadeer... uh, uh, uh, uh
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its NeoGaf an Inclusionary fanboy consortium that whorship and **** the **** of any possibly connected developer that posts there...which is why you see allot of developers post there. Whats Funny is the secret connections many high post count users have with admins and moderators I've seen them flame, and act all around retarded and just never get banned.  but its common the sort of clicks that develop on the net. 
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@firehawk12 said:
"@HitmanAgent47:@HitmanAgent47 said:

People don't troll unless they want to commit account suicide, and even then that practice has died down for the most part.  The reason is that getting an account on GAF is hard (if you go back to some old Bombcasts, Ryan was complaining about it for a while) so no one wants to lose their account or get a huge ban. 

@Weltal

said:

" Despite the fact that this is a silly thread full of silly things, I really want to turn this into a real feud. The kind where if you hear someone talking about NeoGAF in real life you stab them with the closest sharp object that you can grab. Let's do this NeoGAF! THROW DOWN! "

Well, it's funny because Jeff talked about how GAF's reception to the GB crew changed right after the GameSpot incident on one of those webcam things he signed up for.  I wasn't around then, but apparently Twilight Princess getting an 8.8 was like the end of the world over there.  So, all you need to start a feud is to have someone give a "low" score to a "big" game (because 8.8 is low!). "

lol shit they must hate the fact that the majority of sites scores GT5 low. 
firehawk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By firehawk12
@WilliamRLBaker: 
Honestly, the way the board is set up is that unless it's something huge, people just tend to stay in their own threads.  I haven't even stepped into the GT5 thread, but I figure they must know that the game has its problems.

Also, Dennis Dyack got banned from GAF after a very strange incident in which he tried to troll GAF, so... not all devs get love there. :)
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#127  Edited By Jeust
@trophyhunter said:

" They hate everything "

And enjoy trashing what they hate.  

From what I've seen that sums it up. 
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Hot_Karl
@TwoOneFive said: 
yeah because theyre all acting like well-mannered adults over there on gaf.   i havent logged in there in forever so im sure my account is gone. i still visit it all the time for info. its just that some people there have a good sense of humor, the rest are so restricted to the internet as a social life that their humor is absolutely sad and annoying. they drop internet memes like its a job.  "
The ironic thing about that is that you perfectly summed up the Giant Bomb community in that one sentence. 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#129  Edited By Yummylee

So are we the jocks or the nerds? I wanna be a greaser!

Avatar image for getbentthevideogame
GetBentTheVideoGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Are you reading this GAF? Approve my account!

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By brewster

I use both but post more over there, mainly because I find the forums more easy to use. That's about it

firehawk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By firehawk12
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Abyssfull said:
" So are we the jocks or the nerds? I wanna be a greaser! "

The best video game soundtrack of the last generation. Fucking stellar. 

@Jeust said:
" @trophyhunter said:

" They hate everything "

And enjoy trashing what they hate.   From what I've seen that sums it up.  "
Again, much like Giant Bomb. I really don't see why people are getting so riled up about this, it's as if NEO-GAF community is the alternate version of the GB community. It's not even that alternate, I'm sure they shit on My Chemical Romance and Call of Duty over there too.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#134  Edited By Jeust
@VinceNotVance said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" So are we the jocks or the nerds? I wanna be a greaser! "

The best video game soundtrack of the last generation. Fucking stellar. 

@Jeust said:
" @trophyhunter said:

" They hate everything "

And enjoy trashing what they hate.   From what I've seen that sums it up.  "
Again, much like Giant Bomb. I really don't see why people are getting so riled up about this, it's as if NEO-GAF community is the alternate version of the GB community. It's not even that alternate, I'm sure they shit on My Chemical Romance and Call of Duty over there too. "
It's the internetz. Not much different.  
234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#135  Edited By 234r2we232

A question would be, why does Giant Bomb think it's better than the rest of the Internet?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#136  Edited By Yummylee
@VinceNotVance:  
Oh man, you've totally put me in the mood to play that again. Infact, I think I'll go and order myself the 360 version what with completely dominating the ps2 original years back..
Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Kjellm87

Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I got the impression they were just enjoying some GB content

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By zeforgotten

Oh yeah, why do they hate on this community filled with good people? 
Come on guys, think for just 3 seconds and you might all figure it out.  
Ok people over 16 please think about it. No? Ok people who are above 20 please explain. 
Damnit! Ok fine, people with the mental capacity of someone who is above 22 please explain why other sites might hate this site. 

No?! .. christ, there is no one out there?  
We're fucked

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#139  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Never been on NeoGaf, probably never will. Giantbomb is enough for me^^ 

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By NekuSakuraba

We have such a bad community, mods and members giving away free Steam games, great bloggers, friendly community, members who contribute to the site with the wiki, bug reporting and user generated content. We obviously are hated because of all these things..

Shayera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Shayera

Us not talking about the GB community doesn't mean we hate you. Somethimes we rage about some comments in the quick looks (like we also rage about comments in our forum) but that's it. In fact, we laugh at so many gifs and videos you guys make over here (the community video was brilliant). I don't understand what this supposed hatred idea comes from.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By zeforgotten
@NekuSakuraba said:
" We have such a bad community, mods and members giving away free Steam games, great bloggers, friendly community, members who contribute to the site with the wiki, bug reporting and user generated content. We obviously are hated because of all these things.. "
They hate us for being better people than them? 
Man I thought it was something more mature :( 
McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By McBradders
@VibratingDonkey said:
" Those Neogaffers are dicks. "
Oh shit it's like some bizarre circle of hate... I CAN'T MAKE IT STOP. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By McBradders

Also; persecution complex much? Some of the responses in this thread are borderline ridiculous. Common, man.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By foggel

What? I just looked through that thread, and I saw nothing hatefull. 

You're overanalyzing. Stop it.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Shayera said:
" Us not talking about the GB community doesn't mean we hate you. Somethimes we rage about some comments in the quick looks (like we also rage about comments in our forum) but that's it. In fact, we laugh at so many gifs and videos you guys make over here (the community video was brilliant). I don't understand what this supposed hatred idea comes from. "
Awww, we love you guys too. <3
fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By fjordson

People have to remember, NeoGAF has a massive amount of people posting at practically every hour of any given day. For every person insulting the GB community you'll probably find an additional 2-3 laughing at all the crazy videos, photoshops and the like that people here have created. As a whole, I wouldn't say they hate the community here.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149  Edited By CptChiken

Im pretty sure that 95% of what they post isn't to be taken at all seriously on the subject of GB hate. The other 5% should only be taken partly serious.  

Getting pissy because someone doesn't like what you like is pretty immature, this thread was only ever going to turn into a cross forum war.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150  Edited By vidiot
@NekuSakuraba said:

" We have such a bad community, mods and members giving away free Steam games, great bloggers, friendly community, members who contribute to the site with the wiki, bug reporting and user generated content. We obviously are hated because of all these things.. "

You could even go as far and perhaps state that the GB community is acts like an actual community. You maybe could go farther with that train-of-thought, and state that it also doesn't act like a chasm filled with illegible anonymous absolute knee-jerk proclamations, of stuff in general.

Holy crap...We are terrible. 

Edit: 2,000th post. That means I win something.
-_- *stare*