Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

Edited By vgmkyle

Let's break down some of those Xbox Live benefits: 

• Deal of the Week (or, day? I forget)
  • Private Chat (even though this can be used on a silver account)
  • Demos (something that doesn't cost a penny on PSN)
  • Party Chat (is this free on silver?)
  • Netflix (never use)
  • Social Networking (never use)
  • Playing games online (this has always been ridiculous to me, especially when Uncharted 2, Rock Band 2,  Metal Gear Online, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and LittleBigPlanet are free of charge to play on my PS3)

I'm not flat out saying Xbox Live is not worth the money. I just want to know how it is worth the price of admission. Why should I let Microsoft constrict me like a hungry snake? Why would anybody be charging crazy prices in this bad time? With Live and all this add-on content -- I feel overwhelmed by DLC on just ONE platform alone. I don't want to hear about how the quality and variety of Xbox Live totally dominates PSN because nobody uses 80% of what Xbox Live offers. It just seems like all those different features are there to negate people complaining about the cost of Xbox Live.
vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By vgmkyle

Let's break down some of those Xbox Live benefits: 

• Deal of the Week (or, day? I forget)
  • Private Chat (even though this can be used on a silver account)
  • Demos (something that doesn't cost a penny on PSN)
  • Party Chat (is this free on silver?)
  • Netflix (never use)
  • Social Networking (never use)
  • Playing games online (this has always been ridiculous to me, especially when Uncharted 2, Rock Band 2,  Metal Gear Online, Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and LittleBigPlanet are free of charge to play on my PS3)

I'm not flat out saying Xbox Live is not worth the money. I just want to know how it is worth the price of admission. Why should I let Microsoft constrict me like a hungry snake? Why would anybody be charging crazy prices in this bad time? With Live and all this add-on content -- I feel overwhelmed by DLC on just ONE platform alone. I don't want to hear about how the quality and variety of Xbox Live totally dominates PSN because nobody uses 80% of what Xbox Live offers. It just seems like all those different features are there to negate people complaining about the cost of Xbox Live.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Illmatic

To make a long story short, its because we keep paying it. Until PS3's online presence becomes as huge as Xbox Live, I doubt Microsoft will feel any need or push to bring down the price other than complainers ( me included ) bringing up the price as we continue to pay it regardless. Yes, I'm a part of the problem but seeing as I don't own a PS3 and have limited funds and thus usually have at least one multiplayer game to entertain me to compensate for my lack of games in general, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By thatfrood

I see. So xbox live comes with features you don't use, so you feel you should pay less money.
Makes sense.

(no it doesn't)

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

xbox live's online play is no different from PSN's online play for me. I have both systems and they both perform fine online. the only problem is that I have much, much more online problems on Live than on PSN, and my PSN connection is worse.  

I don't mind paying for xbox live, since 50$ a year isn't that much, but I still prefer my PSN 

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nukesniper

I haven't paid that whole 50 bucks for a long time. Major Nelson on twitter will always highlight a sale if he finds it. Amazon is your best friend here. For about 3 weeks I saw a 12 month card for 29.99. So if it is really the pricepoint that bothers you, sales are becoming more common recently.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

No Caption Provided
wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By wwfundertaker

Just dont buy it then.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Burns098356GX

I think my favorite part about it to play 1v100 you have to be a gold member. When you play 1v100, you get an advertisement every 3 minutes or so. 
Basically, they keep charging because they know people will pay. MS loves to force fuck you for every dime you got, then act like they did you a favor. Ohhh we gave you demos earlier then PSN. WHOPDEFUCKINGDOO! its a demo.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Atlas

I've found myself getting most of my Live subscription fee back through the Deals of the Week. I've bought a ton of special offers - off the top of my head N+, Castle Crashers, Peggle, Pinball FX and that Magic: The Gathering game.

Also, you can get demos on XBL with a silver account, but they show up earlier for Gold subscriptions. And while you never use the social networking and Netflix stuff, tons of people do, so you can't fault Live for that. And lots of people are happy paying for the best online experience around. It sounds like to me that this is simply you not feeling like you're getting the value out of XBL, in which case don't blame the price. Just accept that a Gold account isn't for you, go Silver, and just play multiplayer games on the PS3. Simple as.

Microsoft has done a solid job offering additional content to incentivise Gold memberships. I just bought a fresh 12-month subscription and not for a second considered going Silver. If you have an Xbox 360, you should have a Gold account. Simple as.

If you're going to be incensed by anything, be incensed by the fact that the wireless network adapter is still like $60. That is still pretty ludicrous, but at least you only have to pay that once, rather than every year.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vgmkyle
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Oh look. It's another guy that posts a picture as a post again.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By toowalrus

Because people STILL pay for it.

Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mr_Bubbles
@vgmkyle said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Oh look. It's another guy that posts a picture as a post again. "
That showed 'em, huh? MAN_FLANNEL is probably crying over that reply! You sure owned him! 

No he isn't. 

On topic: XBL costs money because people buy it. If millions of people were shelling money out to you, why would you make that service free?
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By apathylad

I don't pay $50 for Xbox Live. You see gold cards on sale from $30-$40 every once in awhile.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mano521

although i know what you are saying is true, the fact is, xbox live is a better online experience than the PSN. I do think that they should cut the prices at least a bit to try and match the PSN's freeness (if you will)   but the XBL network offers so much more in the ways of accessibility and entertainment than the playstation counterpart that it should cost some money to use. though they could probably do with some small price cut

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Coombs

I'll make these points again,

1. I'm not a cheap bastard, So $5 a month is not the outrageous price your making it out to be
  2. Your argument is along the same lines as someone saying  " Well I paid $200 for my phone, Why the fuck should I have to keep paying every month to use it????   I bought it already the service should be free!!!!! "
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pie

Because people pay it

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy
@Mr_Bubbles said:
" @vgmkyle said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Oh look. It's another guy that posts a picture as a post again. "
That showed 'em, huh? MAN_FLANNEL is probably crying over that reply! You sure owned him!  No he isn't.  On topic: XBL costs money because people buy it. If millions of people were shelling money out to you, why would you make that service free? "
MAN_FLANNEL is right, these threads come up so much of just people complaining. If you don't want it, don't buy it - it's a great service and there are enough people on it that we won't miss you if you don't buy it.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I hate paying for it when I think I could have the same experiences on the PS3, but for free.  I only need XBL Gold to play online.

And I don't have disposable income, so it's not as simple as saying "it's rather cheap" in my case.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By jonnyboy

If Xbox Live was free, it wouldn't be an online service it would be a Nursery.

Tarakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tarakun

When playing online means you can buy one less game a year, then yeah I would be annoyed by that. 

Especially when they're competitors are all handing out online play for free.  

This is one of the reasons I play all my online games on PC. Where btw, we refused to pay for GfWL, and it went free. If people stopped using it, they would be forced to drop the price. 
But I don't see that happening anytime soon. 

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Less than $5 a month isn't exactly bankrupting me, and I'm a lazy college student with no job. Skip that large coffee one day out of the month and it's paid for.

Plus, I find it to be a much better, more consistent experience than PSN, and all my friends are on Live so I don't really have a choice if I want to play with them.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iam3green

people like to pay for it. there are some people out there that find sales for them for like $30. i do agree, i don't use netflix, private chat. i tried netflix for one month from my brother the quality of it bothered me a lot. i need a faster internet but i still won't use netflix. people can use two person private chat. demos come out early for gold members and silver have to wait like a week for the demo to come out.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jeffsekai
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Jeffsekai said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
"
benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By benitobb

Microsoft is a company that likes to make money just like any other company or business, and they offer a service that costs them money so they charge consumers of that service. how is this bad? Yeas, PC games have had free online for years, but in the console market Sony is losing tons of money by not charging for online, and Microsoft is making some money on their online. It's not an exorbitant amount of money, and I really don't know why this is still an issue. PS3 owners are lucky to have a free, but not encompassing, online service, but as everyone has been reading is looking into charging some sort of fee for online. 
CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CharleyTony

Simple fact:  
Xbox Live is 50$ because Microsoft decided to charge that much to use its online features AND enough people want it & accept to pay for it. 

If you want to pretest, either don't get a gold subscription AND / OR buy your games on PS3 instead. 
Then be sure to be vocal about your decisions and make Microsoft hear about it. 

If PSN was as good / fun or had more features as XBL, more people would play there and Microsoft would lose money / marketshares of the gaming pie. 

Then they might just add some features,  
lower the price,  
just not care and continue as if nothing happened  
OR in the Bizarro Universe, admit defeat, make it free, and refund current Gold members ! 

Anyway, by the time that would happen you would have given all your Xbox 360 stuff to your worst enemy (since you think it is a ripoff) and only game on your PS3, so in a way that decision would not even benefit you... 

Some people in my family have talked to me about using XBL and wondering / complainig about having to pay for it. But in that case, it's always a parent whose kid want to play online and then the parent doesnt want to fork over the money. Of course you aren't gonna send them 50$ without knowing what it is for. What makes me laugh is when people compare it to PSN and say that it is not fair or not worth it. Was it worth it to buy a PS3 60 GB at launch for 600$ !!! and they were losing money on it too !! 

This whole thing is free market crap... Ignore something long enough and it'll either be free (or cheap) or just disappear ! 
 If I end up not using Xbox Live (because I prefer my PS3 or just don't play online), then I just won't let it expire and not care about it. 

Haven't you ever bought a game for 60$ and find out at home that it was a piece of crap ? How is that not 10 times worst than having the choice to pay for something that you like ? 

Real Question worth asking: Did Microsoft ever say that Xbox Live (Gold) would ever be free ?

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Burns098356GX
@Atlas said:
" I've found myself getting most of my Live subscription fee back through the Deals of the Week. I've bought a ton of special offers - off the top of my head N+, Castle Crashers, Peggle, Pinball FX and that Magic: The Gathering game.  Also, you can get demos on XBL with a silver account, but they show up earlier for Gold subscriptions. And while you never use the social networking and Netflix stuff, tons of people do, so you can't fault Live for that. And lots of people are happy paying for the best online experience around. It sounds like to me that this is simply you not feeling like you're getting the value out of XBL, in which case don't blame the price. Just accept that a Gold account isn't for you, go Silver, and just play multiplayer games on the PS3. Simple as. Microsoft has done a solid job offering additional content to incentivise Gold memberships. I just bought a fresh 12-month subscription and not for a second considered going Silver. If you have an Xbox 360, you should have a Gold account. Simple as. If you're going to be incensed by anything, be incensed by the fact that the wireless network adapter is still like $60. That is still pretty ludicrous, but at least you only have to pay that once, rather than every year. "
I have to disagree with alot of this. First, Facebook, Twitter, and to an extent Peggle, pinball, and whatever other low budget games you've listed are all available for free on the Internet. 
Why do you only get access to these in a gold membership? 
Second, demos are marketing material thats trying to sway your mind to buy the finished product. So when you think your getting somethign special because you got a demo a week early then everybody else, you have in a roundabout-way, paid to be marketed too. 
Third, I'm not 100% sure on how Netflix works, but I have a good idea. I can also tell you that it isnt a service that available in all countries, mine being included. Does that mean my subscription price should come at a slight discount because I don't get all the features a user gets in, lets say, the US? 
The thing is, they've included so many things into the XBL subscription that you can easily access for free elsewhere, and so many 360 users blindly believe there getting a good deal. 

I also love the fact that people say its such a better experience... what the sweet fuck does that mean. I own both 360 and PS3. Both have very very similar problems online. I still get disconnected, I still get lag, ect ect. But theres one big difference, I didn't pay on the PS3 too play. The core bit of XBL and PSN are identical. If you honestly thing playing your games online from a 360 is making it better, I am sorry, your fucked in the head.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Branthog

For the same reason their shitty OS is still $200-$500 and people buy it.

I would hate to pay $50 per console and I'm glad I don't have to - but I don't mind $50 for Live, really. Sure - the games are all hosted on the players' machines and all they really offer is a match-making service and nothing more (and only 100 fucking friends in your list), but it's still pretty decent. And if you put in a couple minutes of effort, you dont' pay $50/yr. In fact, Amazon has twelve month gold cards for $35, right now.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By sopranosfan

because it is worth it.  Of course like everything else I wish it were free. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By oldschool

Hey, it costs $100 in my region and I am not buying (plus $150 for a wi-fi device - no thanks).  It would be a waste of money for me, so I made my choice.  I wouldn't even pay $50 if that was the price, but as people point out, supply and demand determines everything.  I am however likely to use PSN when I get a PS3 simply because it is free.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Fallen189

Because idiots pay it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CL60

PS3 is getting monthly/yearly costs soon as well for "premium" stuff. Plus it's quite a bit better then the PSN, and the reason for that is we pay for it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By natetodamax

Just because you don't use Netflix and Social Networking doesn't mean nobody else does.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
@Fallen189 said:

" Because idiots pay it. "

Good job calling half+ of giantbomb idiots, dick.
sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By sopranosfan

@CL60 said:
" @Fallen189 said:
Good job calling half+ of giantbomb idiots dick. "

I don't even know what to say about it other than this.  Just because you don't see the value in it doesn't mean it isn't there.  I don't see the point in buying a lot of things but it doesn't mean people that do are idiots.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By Atlas
@Burns098356GX said:
" @Atlas said:
" I've found myself getting most of my Live subscription fee back through the Deals of the Week. I've bought a ton of special offers - off the top of my head N+, Castle Crashers, Peggle, Pinball FX and that Magic: The Gathering game.  Also, you can get demos on XBL with a silver account, but they show up earlier for Gold subscriptions. And while you never use the social networking and Netflix stuff, tons of people do, so you can't fault Live for that. And lots of people are happy paying for the best online experience around. It sounds like to me that this is simply you not feeling like you're getting the value out of XBL, in which case don't blame the price. Just accept that a Gold account isn't for you, go Silver, and just play multiplayer games on the PS3. Simple as. Microsoft has done a solid job offering additional content to incentivise Gold memberships. I just bought a fresh 12-month subscription and not for a second considered going Silver. If you have an Xbox 360, you should have a Gold account. Simple as. If you're going to be incensed by anything, be incensed by the fact that the wireless network adapter is still like $60. That is still pretty ludicrous, but at least you only have to pay that once, rather than every year. "
I have to disagree with alot of this. First, Facebook, Twitter, and to an extent Peggle, pinball, and whatever other low budget games you've listed are all available for free on the Internet. 
Second, demos are marketing material thats trying to sway your mind to buy the finished product. So when you think your getting somethign special because you got a demo a week early then everybody else, you have in a roundabout-way, paid to be marketed too. 
Third, I'm not 100% sure on how Netflix works, but I have a good idea. I can also tell you that it isnt a service that available in all countries, mine being included. Does that mean my subscription price should come at a slight discount because I don't get all the features a user gets in, lets say, the US?  The thing is, they've included so many things into the XBL subscription that you can easily access for free elsewhere, and so many 360 users blindly believe there getting a good deal.   I also love the fact that people say its such a better experience... what the sweet fuck does that mean. I own both 360 and PS3. Both have very very similar problems online. I still get disconnected, I still get lag, ect ect. But theres one big difference, I didn't pay on the PS3 too play. The core bit of XBL and PSN are identical. If you honestly thing playing your games online from a 360 is making it better, I am sorry, your fucked in the head. "
Sounds like someone needs a hug.

As regards the relative quality of the service on PSN vs. XBL, allow me to present the following:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Not worth it. I don't bother with it. A gold subscription doesn't offer anything I couldn't get elsewhere for free. I already pay for internet (and I pay a lot out here), I'm not paying extra to be allowed to use my internet connection for application X.

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By SBYM

I don't pay for it because I have so few games at any one time for my 360 (I currently only have 3, and two of those were free XBLA games, one of which doesn't have online play) that it's not worth it.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
@Fallen189 said:
Dude really ??? 

kind of seems like a pretty stupid thing to say 
Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Burns098356GX
@Atlas said:
" @Burns098356GX said:
" @Atlas said:
Third, I'm not 100% sure on how Netflix works, but I have a good idea. I can also tell you that it isnt a service that available in all countries, mine being included. Does that mean my subscription price should come at a slight discount because I don't get all the features a user gets in, lets say, the US?  The thing is, they've included so many things into the XBL subscription that you can easily access for free elsewhere, and so many 360 users blindly believe there getting a good deal.   I also love the fact that people say its such a better experience... what the sweet fuck does that mean. I own both 360 and PS3. Both have very very similar problems online. I still get disconnected, I still get lag, ect ect. But theres one big difference, I didn't pay on the PS3 too play. The core bit of XBL and PSN are identical. If you honestly thing playing your games online from a 360 is making it better, I am sorry, your fucked in the head. "
Sounds like someone needs a hug.

As regards the relative quality of the service on PSN vs. XBL, allow me to present the following:

No Caption Provided
"
Nice rebuttal.
rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rawrz

Because they can, and people are willing to pay. Sure PSN is free but really if Sony wasnt sony late out of the box with there online stuff they woulda charged for it too, but seeing how they were so late to jump in the online game after Xbox Live had become sucha big thing, that to entice people into buying the PS3 and to try and take away from Microsofts biggest feature was oh hey we'll let you play online for free! Isn't part of the fee on Live also due to the fact that Microsoft are the ones running all the games servers which cost money while the games servers on the PS3 independently run on the game makers servers and not actually run by Sony so they can get away with charging nothing since there not paying to maintain the servers?

JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JDM006

It's only $50 a year.  Most gamers spend more than that ($60) on games they discover later they don't even like.  If PSN offered a better online experience than Microsoft for free, then I'd agree with you.  But they don't.  PSN is getting better, but when it starts to add the features that xbox live has it's going to start charging money too

$50 a year is not a "crazy price."  Gaming is an expensive hobby.  So stop complaining and stop being so damn cheap.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

Back when Xbox Live was first concived, the $5 a month was widely worth it compared to the online available on the Playstation 3. That "worthy" line has been blured due to Sony really playing catch-up with Playstation Network. I don't mind paying $5 a month for Xbox Live as it is a great service that is really well integrated with the Xbox, but what I DO have a problem with is paying $3 for a theme, or $3 for Avatar Clothing or something stupid like that, which should be free (both Sony and Microsoft are madly guilty of this).

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

More people use it price shoots up, less people use it then it decreases.  So if EVERYONE stops there membership for 2 or 3 months Microsoft will break down and decrease price.  

To tell you the truth it is your fault it is $50.

@CL60 said:

" PS3 is getting monthly/yearly costs soon as well for "premium" stuff. Plus it's quite a bit better then the PSN, and the reason for that is we pay for it. "

From the Sony article I read they will not be increasing the price.  The will be dropping premium on top of the free subscription. (online)  Everything will remain free but they will add new stuff and call it "premium".  You won't be paying for online any time soon I can promise. 
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Relys

I'm pretty sure even the most hardcore xbox fanboys agree that XBL being a paid service is bullshit. That being said, this bullshit isn't going to go away as long as people keep paying for it (which everyone does including me).

P2P networking should be free. I can't boycott every little thing I disagree with.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By ptys

Yeah I don't have "Xbox Live Gold" out of principle... one of the reason's I got a PS3 in the first place. $80+ a year is too expensive in my opinion... Microsoft need to consider this in future as they... HAD the opportunity to win this Generation, hands down, but they've allowed Sony back in! Like some of the others were saying above, when they "need" to, they'll do it...

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It's pretty easily to find 12 month cards for well under the $50 price.

@CL60

said:

" PS3 is getting monthly/yearly costs soon as well for "premium" stuff. Plus it's quite a bit better then the PSN, and the reason for that is we pay for it. "

This is very much worth paying attention to.  Do you remember what the Playstation had for its online system, before Xbox Live was around?  It was practically non-existant, we had to pay for XBL because of how superior it was and how much it cost Microsoft to keep running.  The PSN has only got where it is today by blatently copying most of XBL's features.  In the recent months it's become blatently apparant that Sony can't afford to keep the system running, and there's been numerous hints that they'll also be introducing a subscription, probably by the end of this year.

So if your only complaint is "well, PSN is free" ..Don't bank on that being true for much longer.

If anything, I do think they should make playing online free, at least for social matches.  And just have the subscription for the extra features and ranked matches, etc.
Which I'm sure is what Sony will be doing.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pause422

Because microsoft still wants to make the same amount of money from Live as they have the whole time and don't want to reduce it?

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lautaro

I have used both PSN and XBOX live extensively, I personally cannot see why people claim the XBOX experience is so much better. As for the usage of the PSN store and marketplace, I vastly prefer the PSN format of having actual money as opposed to the points system, but hey to each their own.