Wolfenstein: New Order new gameplay footage & details

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

So a few websites have put up some new information on this game including Gameplay video.

Something I didn't know before was that apparently Machine Games, the developer behind this title, is made up of former Starbreeze employees. That is pretty exciting for me as those guys seem to really get how to make a First Person game with weight to it. Riddick was really "immersive" and Syndicate was excellent in it's own ways introducing a lot of novel concepts to the genre.

The gameplay for New Order showcases some ridiculously large guns and according to various people who had hands on time with the game, there is a lot of wacky B-movie humor thrown in.

The game is running on modified id Tech 5 which is the engine they used for RAGE and at the same time is very appropriate considering the heritage.

Check out some of the videos including one from the fine folks at Gamespot as well as other places.

Also:

These guys had an interesting summary

GameTrailers had some footage too

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

looks cool, like how they emphasize the adventure part as often as they do. love me some dual wielding

weird that chris says there's no cover mechanic cause in the gametrailers video the dude mentions one several times

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Seems very interesting. Also, I saw some gameplay and stuff on the Escapist and I'm pretty sure they said, somewhere, that you have health and armor, not regenerating health. Yes!

They said in this video that cover is important, but they want to keep you moving and to make sure that it's possible to do so quickly. Yes!

They talked about how, in modern military shooters, you can't dual wield rocket launchers. You can do something like that here. They aren't concerned with realism. Yes!

I only need to hear that you can hold all of the guns at once instead of having a two weapon limit, and I'll be very excited. As it stands I'm feeling pretty damn optimistic.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Humanity

@believer258: I know it's really dumb to think so but when they showed the bit where he cuts out a little hole in metal plating and snipes an enemy soldier through it I got really excited and thought "wow next gen!"

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r

Aww, this has nothing to do with New Order. :(

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hamst3r said:

How does it feel?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Humanity

@hamst3r said:

How does it feel?

How should I feel?

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I am pretty excited for this game and cant wait to see what else they show at E3.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Riddick and The Darkness are two of my favourite games but after watching that GTTV video I find it hard to get excited about this. I'm sure it will come out and I'll love it but that shooting does very little for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pie said:

Riddick and The Darkness are two of my favourite games but after watching that GTTV video I find it hard to get excited about this. I'm sure it will come out and I'll love it but that shooting does very little for me.

I think if it goes back to this frantic oldschool type of first person shooting with some nifty new-age elements it might be cool in a way that Painkiller was cool when that game came out.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Ghostiet

I want the multiplayer to be just like Enemy Territory. I want Enemy Territory on a new engine without the jacked hitboxes.

It is a dream that shall never come true.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By RupertTheBear

On the gamespot video, did the developers convert a hotel into a game studio?

Check 1:16 to 1:27 for curtains and hallway

Loading Video...
Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

It looks neat, though I'm not a huge fan of the color palette.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cold_Wolven

The game looks nice and sharp and the action looks fun but what I'm more interested in is the characters involved because what I really liked about Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness were those character interactions and those moments where you were exploring your HUB environment doing side quests.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first guy they interviewed in that Gamespot video looked high. As far as the game goes it does not look bad, or excellent. I think I need to see more before I can form an impression about it.