Working Games

jyurakyumihawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jyurakyumihawk

I discovered a passion for games only about 5 years ago, playing Ocarina Of Time on an N64 emulator (shame on me). My first console is a purple Gamecube and the first game I legitimately purchased is the Wind Waker. I never looked back since, spending money on high-end graphic cards, an Xbox 360, a Wii and maybe a PS3 down the road.

I'm 24, and I really want to work in the gaming industry. I got a degree that is irrelevant to gaming (I think). I'm not sure if there is any sector of the gaming industry that requires a degree in mechanical engineering, yet any effort of securing a job in any other industry just don't excite me as much.

Being a fan of Giantbomb, I aspire to make my passion in gaming as a career. Since I can't really create a competitive website, I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what I can do to earn my living and be an part of the gaming industry.

Hope nobody takes this the wrong way. I just want to look for any useful input on pursuing my dream job so to speak. I'm sure there's a lot of Giantbomb fan who's thinking the same thing.

*I should note that I'm a Malaysian citizen studying in the UK who've seen nothing but crappy pirated games spewing out the local market for the first 20 years of my life. Mind you I played Mario and Yie Ar Kung Fu on the "PolyStation" when I was 11 and it was fun.