Worst escape sequences in games

tradee9691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don’t have one to contribute but I know there are tons out there. What is you vote for worst?

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Shoutout to Dying Light, which had a sequence in which I, unarmed, had to run through of gauntlet of gun-toting enemies shooting at me from windows and such. Of course, they spawned "just in time" so that they wouldn't get a bead on me -- it was all about the illusion of danger and the fast paced dash to freedom through a hail of bullets! The bad news is that I died anyways, so I respawn at the checkpoint and go at again. The problem here is that this isn't an old school hard reload -- the world doesn't reset at all, only I do. So this means those just in time shooters are already spawned and waiting for me, and they have no trouble sending me back to the starting line dozens of times. I don't bandy the phrase about lightly, but absolute dogshit.

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Worst or just plain ruthless is the Death Star escape at the end of Super Return of the Jedi for the SNES. You're piloting the Millenium Falcon through very narrow, Millenium Falcon-shaped spaces that just goes and goes and goes for what seems like forever. You're gonna die, and you'll hit continue because you've gotten that far and can't back down now. But, eventually, you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel...

...and you'll let your guard down for a split second and die.

Continue.