MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By MikkaQ

@TheManWithNoPlan said:

Trials HD. It was one of the Extreme levels and I hit the cap on retries, which is 500.

Oh god I've done this too. That game is something else, man.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By toowalrus

I get that Stones song stuck in my head every time I see this thread.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#53  Edited By Yummylee

@Laivasse said:

@GetEveryone said:

There have been points where I've played a few games of SSFIV and lost, then become psyched out and totally unable to win.

Rather than stopping, I'd continue and become completely enraged. Hence why my modded fightstick is broken and I no longer play.

I hear you, brother, although I only invested in a fightpad. I played SFIV for a while online and became fairly decent with my main man Zangief. It slipped out of my playing rotation, but then a year or two down the line I saw SSFIVAE on Steam Sale and scooped it up. I hopped back in online and did well enough to satisfy myself that my skills hadn't all gone. But after a while a new pattern started to emerge. Each night's play would pretty much follow the same pattern: I'd start off respectably, but after a loss would just enter a spiral and lose until I got fed up with playing. Then that pattern itself gradually got worse; instead of starting respectably, I'd start off playing shit due to increasing nervousness. Instead of eg. losing by a time-out during my Ultra, against a decent player, I'd lose to obvious scrubs who were playing the game for the first time. Eventually I just flat out could not win and became too depressed with the experience to play at all. I too no longer play.

This is pretty much why I rarely stick with any multiplayer game for very long. I'm a self-confessed sore loser (the self-loathing type, though, not the kind who sends angry messages to other players), and getting into a terrible streak of losing in a multiplayer game can make me feel like utter shite and it can often discourage me from playing any more.

It's not that I have to win every match or anything, though. It's just when I'm completely slaughtered time and time again, and if I've been playing this game long enough, it can be incredibly demoralising to get left in the dust while everyone else only appears to get better.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Lost 8 games of Dota 2 in a row, this is depressing.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ImaTreee

Losing a lot of SC2 games makes me feel like crap

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By pyromagnestir

3000 dollars.

tamriilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By tamriilin

The first Far Cry 3 Stealth mission where you have to infiltrate the Medusa.

I don't know why stealth doesn't work in that game, but I had to try that one mission nearly 50 times.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By haffy

@pyromagnestir said:

3000 dollars.

Gambling?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#59  Edited By pyromagnestir

@haffy said:

@pyromagnestir said:

3000 dollars.

Gambling?

yep

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By ThePencil

I have never came anywhere near tne top of any multiplayer first person shooter since I first started playing them (Quake 2 era)

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By Trilogy

Starcraft 2 losing streaks are the fucking worst. You have nobody to blame but yourself and sometimes the games can be so intense and drawn out that losing it is all the more crushing.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Franstone

I'm on a 33 year losing streak...

haaaaaa!

I win!

Guess my streak is over.

; )