Would you want a new Conker game?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

Would you want a new Conker game or a third remake to the original game? Just curious to how much interest is in this franchise.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Never even played the originals, though always wanted to. Aren't they available on the XBLM? How playable do you think they are in this day and age to someone who never played them when they were new?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, I've never actually played either version of the game, but a third remake seems kinda pointless to me. Also, with the current state of Rare, I don't think they'd be able to make another one that would meet the expectations of the rabid fanboys. I mean, the last really good game they made was Star Fox Adventures on Gamecube, and that was a Zelda clone!

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve
@Abyssfull said:
" Never even played the originals, though always wanted to. Aren't they available on the XBLM? How playable do you think they are in this day and age to someone who never played them when they were new? "
It was originally an N64 game, so it came from the Mario 64 age of platformers. 
FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FlyingRat
@MooseyMcMan said:

" Well, I've never actually played either version of the game, but a third remake seems kinda pointless to me. Also, with the current state of Rare, I don't think they'd be able to make another one that would meet the expectations of the rabid fanboys. I mean, the last really good game they made was Star Fox Adventures on Gamecube, and that was a Zelda clone! "

Are you dissing Viva Pinata, my man? Cause if so, then i think we should step outside.

Edit: But to answer the question, i would love to see a new Conker game. Very much enjoyed Bad Fur day in it's day, had some awesome stuff in it and loads of variety.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@FlyingRat said:
" @MooseyMcMan said:
" Well, I've never actually played either version of the game, but a third remake seems kinda pointless to me. Also, with the current state of Rare, I don't think they'd be able to make another one that would meet the expectations of the rabid fanboys. I mean, the last really good game they made was Star Fox Adventures on Gamecube, and that was a Zelda clone! "
Are you dissing Viva Pinata, my man? Cause if so, then i think we should step outside. "
If you're trying to tell me that it was better than STA, then yeah, I guess we should step outside. And just so you know, I always fight dirty. Some people bring knives to gunfights, but I always bring guns to knife fights.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
Yes, I would love another Conker.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee
@EpicSteve said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Never even played the originals, though always wanted to. Aren't they available on the XBLM? How playable do you think they are in this day and age to someone who never played them when they were new? "
It was originally an N64 game, so it came from the Mario 64 age of platformers.  "
Haven't played Mario 64 in over a decade so I can't even come to much of a conclusion as to how even that'll stand today O.o 

Still, I may give it a go since I've got some extra cash flowing my way, and for the sake of it appearing to being one of those games everyone should get around to play.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

I would consider buying it. I loved Conker on the N64. Actually, it was the last game I played on the N64. I gave the console to a friend after I finished Conker.

I never played the remake. I heard bad things about it, so I stayed away.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By JasonR86

Sure.  Just no kinect or avatar support.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Honestly, nah.

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FlyingRat
@MooseyMcMan said:
" If you're trying to tell me that it was better than STA, then yeah, I guess we should step outside. And just so you know, I always fight dirty. Some people bring knives to gunfights, but I always bring guns to knife fights. "
I wouldn't know, sir. Haven't played it. I disagree with you saying they haven't made a really good game since then though.

And i fight with... erm... Horstachios. The deadliest weapon of all.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@FlyingRat said:
" I wouldn't know, sir. Haven't played it. I disagree with you saying they haven't made a really good game since then though.  And i fight with... erm... Horstachios. The deadliest weapon of all. "
Well then, I fight with an Arwing, because I have Star Fox on my side. Can Horstachios go into SPACE?! I DIDN'T THINK SO!
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Pepsiman
@MooseyMcMan:  Yeah, but who needs an Arwing when you've got Californian surfing bears!?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Andorski

Nope.  Conker was to mascot platforming games as Duke Nukem was to 80's action stars.  In both instances, the era of parodying these archetypes is in the past and the humor would just be lost.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MooseyMcMan
@Pepsiman: But can bears DO BARREL ROLLS?! Or should I say, BEARel rolls?! 

Get it? I put the word bear in...Never mind. 
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Pepsiman
@MooseyMcMan:  I think with our combined powers, we've just made this thread irredeemable. That's something to be proud of in my book!
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@MooseyMcMan: Horstachios cannot go into space, but you can totally build a spaceworthy vehicle in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By jNerd
@EpicSteve said:
" Would you want a new Conker game or a third remake to the original game? Just curious to how much interest is in this franchise. "
I'd really like a new Conker game, as long as it doesn't end up like new Spyro :P
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Claude
@Andorski said:

" Nope.  Conker was to mascot platforming games as Duke Nukem was to 80's action stars.  In both instances, the era of parodying these archetypes is in the past and the humor would just be lost. "

I thought Conker's comedy came more from pop culture references, plus the great mixture of different styles of gameplay.

I'll never forget playing this.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I played the N64 version and thought it was pretty funny. I remember unexpectedly enjoying the multiplayer as well. I'd play another remake but honestly I'd like to see something new done with the franchise. I would want Rare to keep it a platformer but somehow reinvigorate the formula to make it relevant to modern audiences. As a really big Banjo fan back in the day I found I really couldn't get into it (though it was due more to personal tastes than anything else). I thought the writing in Nuts and Bolts was really well done, especially the self referential humor. If they could take that and apply it to a modern platformer I think we'd have something.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By kishan6

I would totally love to see this franchise revived

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By JJOR64

Would like Rare to make a new game with one of their old IPs.  A new Conker game?  Fuck yeah.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Considering the state Rare seems to be in right now I'd appreciate it if they stayed far, far away from my good memories of them.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By AuthenticM

As long as it's dirtier than the original, and fully uncensored. :)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude
@LordXavierBritish said:

" Considering the state Rare seems to be in right now I'd appreciate it if they stayed far, far away from my good memories of them. "

Well then, someone needs to take up the reigns and move it forward. Not Conker, but the idea. A mixture of game elements with a pop culture twist. 
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingzetta

no

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blueaniman93

never played it but have heard so much 
i would be interested in a remake
JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By JustinSane311

Why not, Conker does have Balls of Stee....Wait a minute I mean Balls of Brass 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Video_Game_King

Hell yes. Even an XBLA port would do it, for me. That game rocks so hard that it redefines the concept of rock, simply because "rock" was not an awesome enough word to describe Conker's Bad Fur Day.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ItsPozer

I would love to play a new conker game! It has to be one of the best games i played for the N64, so funny!

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UnrealDP

Well where else does rare have to go besides new IP's i mean the new banjo and kazoie was great but fans wrote it off as a stupid sandbox game that was not worth it and viva pinata was also great but no one will buy another besidesme it seems like. Rare had tons of great games and they need to start following them up  so conker and killer instinct are really the only games to follow up here because the others are either too obscure or already followed up and poorly recieved all around.