You are put in charge of the next big FPS's multiplayer part

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

And you need to come up with 4 unique multiplayer modes and submit your document to your superior, who just so happens to be the entirety of the giantbomb community (so his knowledge of video games is extensive). The multiplayer will allow anywhere from 2 vs. 2 up to 32 vs. 32. You can make your modes for any or all of these player totals. It's a sci-fi shooter so you aren't limited by real world restrictions. Your superior wants originality, but if your mode is from an existing game from the past it is okay....to an extent.

Gimme what you got!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Black Ops II. Done.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Quake... in HD... with oculus rift support... and novint falcon support.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

gamepad vs KB/M, team sizes are 2 to 1

free-for-all with a gazillion bots, but human players are worth more points

Quake style really high health points, but you get points from doing damage instead of kills

Endless assimilation - when there is only one non-infected player left, the roles are reversed, now the non-infected must non-infect everyone else.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ares42

Payload, best shooter multiplayer mode invented in a long long time. Concentrates action, promotes cooperation, allows for multiple classes to serve different purposes and allows for just endless murder mayhem.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egg said:

Are the bots distinguishable from the human players? And what exactly is the points difference here? Like 10:1 or 2:1?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egg said:

Are the bots distinguishable from the human players? And what exactly is the points difference here? Like 10:1 or 2:1?

The bots will look different from humans players.

As for the points difference, I dunno. I was thinking 2:1 but that can be changed during development. It also depends on the difficulty of the bots.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time you level up you get a epic cinematic cutscene

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meltac

A multiplayer mode where you're fighting against a lot of different players, and then in the end it turns out you were fighting against yourself! You can only play that specific mode one time, but your mind will be blown for eternity. No twist will ever surprise you as this one did, because everyone seemed so real, but in the end they were only a fragmentation of your own mind created by the game, which turns out to be an incredible intelligent AI, who has only one goal: to find and terminate you in the game and IRL. I still need a name for the mode, though.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pr1mus

I retire the whole idea of multiplayer shooters. Done!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

All players get to choose one direction they can move in at the start of the match, everyone gets infinite bullets and can only take one hit, but you're limited to only moving in that one direction.

If you get a killstreak of 3 you get the option of moving in another direction for 30 seconds.

edit - Oh, and you play as members of the boyband one direction.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rush, except in Battlefront, and you start in space and fight your way onto the planet. Basically all the features of Galactic Conquest from battlefront 2, except the entirety of the space and ground combat is all one seamless map. Both sides have "M-COM" objectives, in that the defenders can "shift back" stages by getting inside and detonating the attackers' transports, and even capital ships if it gets far enough.

Now, obviously this sounds like it could go on for hours and one side could win by attrition if the other just got bored and left, and yes, that's the beauty of it! Obviously though there would need to be either a timed or respawn-based alternative for casual fucks who don't enjoy real games.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go touch myself, all the thinking I just did about the gameplay got me insanely hard.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I love the new game mode idea for Suvarium (game being produced by the developers of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series). Basically it's two teams (or maybe even more, more would definitely make it more interesting) and you're in this huge open map. There are resources all over the map that you have to gather and return to your base. The first team to x amount of resources wins. However, you can steal resources from other teams. Meaning there will have to be groups that go out to gather resources, groups that can go out and hunt down enemies to steal their resources, groups to defend your base, and groups to attack the enemy base(s) to steal their resources that they returned to the base.

I also loved the idea of Push maps in Team Fortress Classic. Not sure if they did it again in TF2 but basically there's a soccer ball in the middle of the map and your goal is to put it in the goal deep in the enemy's base. Anybody can pick up the ball at any time so long as it's not being held by another player. So kill enemies and move the ball forward before they move it deep into your base.

And something creative, how about a game mode where you're on a snowmobile going down a mountain with an avalanche behind you and there are other people all around you. You can look around to aim and try to shoot at them but then you won't see where you're going and could crash into a tree or something. Or just about any combination of driving and shooting where you have to aim to shoot at people but won't know where to steer when you're looking at where you're shooting.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Heck if I know. Multiplayer shooter are not my thing so i'd change them to the point fans would not be happy with.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Raptor screams and guitar solos every kill.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By BigBoss1911

Make something as fun as this game was (still is) online, because its been 10 years and I have yet to find something as fun as survivor mode.

Loading Video...

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vinny_Says

@gunstarred: Move in that direction back and forth? That is actually pretty crazy and inventive. But what do you mean "for 30 seconds"? After the 30 seconds are you reset to your original direction?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vinny_says: I was mostly thinking it would be unfair to give that player an advantage for the rest of the match... 30 seconds like a UAV or something. You reset back to your original direction.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WarioWare Deathmatch

Every life your loudout changes to two random weapons from anywhere in the game. Killstreaks trigger random events that affect the whole server like heavy gravity, super speed, random explosions, gender-swap, etc.

Set Us Up The Bomb

One player is the Bomb. The Bomb takes no self or environmental damage. They gain zero points for killing other players but when they die, they create a huge explosion. Points are awarded for each player killed in this explosion. Other players can kill each other but only get points for killing the Bomb and for players killed by triggering the explosion.

Katamari-Keepaway

One player (the Prince) controls an ever-growing Katamari ball. Other players gain points based on how long they can run away from the Katamari. The round ends when all players are rolled up or the Katamari reaches a certain size. Bits of the Katamari can be blown off with explosives to keep the Prince from reaching critical mass.

Cripple-Fight

Players spawn missing a random limb. Missing a leg means that you're slower and can't turn in one direction. Missing an arm means you can't climb ladders, can't use certain weapons, and your movement veers to the left or right because you're no longer symmetrical. Missing your body means you can't process any food and will starve to death in 45 seconds. Missing your head means you're completely blind and deaf and spawn with a grenade launcher.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cripple-Fight

Players spawn missing a random limb. Missing a leg means that you're slower and can't turn in one direction. Missing an arm means you can't climb ladders, can't use certain weapons, and your movement veers to the left or right because you're no longer symmetrical. Missing your body means you can't process any food and will starve to death in 45 seconds. Missing your head means you're completely blind and deaf and spawn with a grenade launcher.

Call of Duty: Modern Wheelchair