• 63 results
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MistaSparkle

Hey Giantbombros. I just played a really great flash game and I wanted to share it. On newgrounds.com there is a game called "One Chance". Quite simply the game gives you one chance. Only one. After that you cannot play anymore, even if you refresh the site. Because of this little gameplay factor you are forced to decide as you actually would if it were real life. Anyways I thought this was an amazing game and I can't wait to hear what you all thought of it.
KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By KillyDarko

Alright, sounds cool. Will give it a try whenever I've some free time :)

thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thaijedi

Went to work for all the days except the last. Last day went to the park and died.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ComradeKritstov

I got stabbed. =(

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

i just played it. it creeped me out big time. ><  

Hypertreb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hypertreb

I survived the entire game and found the cure. It was very weird and disturbing, but at the same time, it was intellegent and interesting.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By damnboyadvance

Went to work on the last day and he died on the lab floor.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ESREVER

I played it in incognito mode just in case I messed up. Luckily I didn't,  and I saveded the world. But MAN what a depressing game.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ESREVER
@damnboyadvance: How'd you manage to die on the floor?
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MistaSparkle

I went to work most days, until half way through the week my wife died. Woke up the next morning and picked up my daughter. I didn't have the heart to tell her about her mother, but she must've known due to the blood seeping through the crack of the bathroom door. Then I took her to work. I had to find the cure. A co-worker of mine leapt from the roof. I worked again. No time to take my daughter to the park. Last day we found the cure. Unfortuantely everyone but my daughter and I had died. I took her to the park. I had one chance. 

Pretty depressing game if you don't get the good ending, but really worth playing!
Hypertreb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Hypertreb
@MistaSparkle:
I got the good ending, and it's still pretty depressing.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green

did i beat it? i went to work all 6 days. mother suicide, daughter went to work with me. we went to the park and we sat there. i don't know what happened. i refreshed the game and now it just loads the last scene just nobody is there.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ESREVER
@iam3green: Sounds like you got the "good" ending. If you load it back up, it should be the park and the grass back to being green. I assume that means you saved the world.
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@ESREVER: There is no good ending to that game. It's all about sacrifice. No matter what most of the people die anyways. I'm not even sure if your daughter lives if you find the cure.
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Got a depressing ending. What was I supposed to do? Sleep with that random chick that keeps hitting on me? 

@ESREVER said:

" I played it in incognito mode just in case I messed up. Luckily I didn't,  and I saveded the world. But MAN what a depressing game. "
Even in incognito mode it would still save your game. I even opened it up in a completely different browser and it stayed at the same ending. It must save by IP.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ESREVER
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" Got a depressing ending. What was I supposed to do? Sleep with that random chick that keeps hitting on me? 

@ESREVER said:
" I played it in incognito mode just in case I messed up. Luckily I didn't,  and I saveded the world. But MAN what a depressing game. "
Even in incognito mode it would still save your game. I even opened it up in a completely different browser and it stayed at the same ending. It must save by IP. "
mmm Nope, it didn't save my game in Incognito. I started up a new window in Incognito. 

@W0lfbl1tzers
said:
" @ESREVER: There is no good ending to that game. It's all about sacrifice. No matter what most of the people die anyways. I'm not even sure if your daughter lives if you find the cure. "
I would say successfully saving the world before all the living cells die would qualify as a "good" ending. Compared to the other choices at least. But yes, it was all about sacrifice for the greater good.
TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TJ311
@thaijedi: i did exactly wat u did which i should not have done
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By FancySoapsMan

how do you open the door

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thehexeditor

This game sounds fucking depressing as SHIT

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By benpack

Man, I'm usually not a fan of these artsy games but I really enjoyed that one. Got a shitty ending because I didn't understand that you had to use the spacebar to interact, but I'm ok with that.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MistaSparkle

You get the cure at the end, but everyone else has died. This is what I gathered from the ending I got. I mean nobody else is at the park and how would the dude give EVERYONE the cure. I think its just you and your daughter left to spend the rest of your lives together.
onemoresolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By onemoresolo

skipped out on work and slept with the chick from the lab. the guy with the knife killed my family and i went to die on the roof.  

Just like real life.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By jkz

Wait...this game is oddly reminiscent of (and by that I mean that it quite literally seems to take from) Every Day the Same Dream, which came out a while ago (and which is well worth playing and exploring; it's one of my favorite indie games of the last year:  http://www.molleindustria.org/everydaythesamedream/everydaythesamedream.html). 

That game's great, but there's scenes that seem taken from it entirely, except that the story and the theme differ (EDSD was a play on society's inhumanity, and toyed with concepts of existentialism, whereas this was about saving the world from a virus). 

Maybe it's by the same guy, I don't know, but something about it strikes me as really odd.

onemoresolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By onemoresolo
@jukezypoo: wow...just started it and it looks exactly the same. gonna keep playing and will be back with further impressions.

::UPDATE::
Just finished " Every Day the Same Dream" and i preferred it over "You have one chance."
Art style and music in the former are far superior in my point of view and i prefer the message and the tone of the game.
It's a theme more up my alley.
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MistaSparkle
@jukezypoo:
Damn dude they are VERY similar. Not identical especially storywise but peculiarly similar. Probably the inspiration for it. Also I love the art style in Every day the same dream. Thanks for sharing this.
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I don't get it. 

It seems like contrivance for contrivance's sake. The reason media of any form has the ability to leave such a strong emotional impact is that it can be examined, learned from. With this game there is none of that, and more to the point the design choice of giving you only one play through isn't justified whatsoever. There isn't some profound message hidden behind it all or some veiled wisdom to be uncovered, it's just stupid.  

It's barely even a game. it's a god damn "Choose Your Own Adventure" except it's short as hell and completely predictable. 

Turn to page 84 mother fucker, but you best not turn back because i swear to god I will rip your eyes out. 

I don't get the logic of having only one playthrough at all. That isn't going to make me care about your story; I'm not going to spend an entire night ruminating over where I'm going to hit the fucking space bar just because "Yo dawg. Death." It's like anyone can bring up the subject of mortality these days and the entire room goes silent like the fucker is some divine prophet. 

He also apparently stole the entire concept. So you know, that's cool. Whatever. 

Except this other game has an interesting story telling method and i have already become genuinely invested in it within the first 30 seconds. 

Whoo.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jkz
@MistaSparkle:  

Yup. I'm not implying that there's no merit to One Chance; I just felt that the similarities were worth mentioning, especially given how much I enjoyed Every Day the Same Dream.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ESREVER
@jukezypoo: Yea, I had the same thought when I started playing one chance. Also, I thought this thread was going to be about that crappy Mario parody where you only have one life. And if you try to reload the page, it's just your tombstone, and something about the villain being thrown in jail for murder. lol 

@MistaSparkle said:
" You get the cure at the end, but everyone else has died. This is what I gathered from the ending I got. I mean nobody else is at the park and how would the dude give EVERYONE the cure. I think its just you and your daughter left to spend the rest of your lives together. "
I'd like to think that the cure spread the same way as the former cure did. So it would have saved some people.  
I was worried that once he got the cure, his daughter would have died already before he got it to her. But that's because certain shows have molded me into expecting the worse ALL THE TIME.
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FirePrince
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MistaSparkle
@LordXavierBritish:
I would love to share my opinion on your opinion but I tend to get lost easily when writing in large amounts, so let me just say: 

I respectively disagree :)
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jkz
@dudeglove said:
" What if you have a roaming IP? "
You cheating motherfucker.
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Is the daughter alive at the end of the game (good ending)? 

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ESREVER
@mylifeforAiur: I would like to think so. I'm sure the father gave her the cure as soon as he tested it on himself first.
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@dudeglove said:
" What if you have a roaming IP? "
It's not based on your IP. Most flash games save in your appdata/roaming/macromedia/flash folder. You can delete what's in there and play it again.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jack268

Your 'one chance' is probably refreshed if you clear your cookies and stuff or reducing flash's storage space on your PC to 0. just sayin 

I think the game is pretty bad tbh, the walking speed was killing me erryday, but as soon as some games journalist (kotaku) gets a hold of this it'll probably be praised for being so indie and quirky. The fact that you can reset your chance quite easily is pretty bad too, but nevermind that, this game is UNIQUE RIGHT?
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@Jack268: I think you were looking for something else coming into this. This really isn't a game that you win.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ESREVER
@Jack268 said:
" Your 'one chance' is probably refreshed if you clear your cookies and stuff or reducing flash's storage space on your PC to 0. just sayin 

I think the game is pretty bad tbh, the walking speed was killing me erryday, but as soon as some games journalist (kotaku) gets a hold of this it'll probably be praised for being so indie and quirky. The fact that you can reset your chance quite easily is pretty bad too, but nevermind that, this game is UNIQUE RIGHT? "
But... that is how you get the Cure. Why weren't you able to get it? I ignored my family, and worked everyday. I got the cure, and gave it to my daughter, and lived happily ever after.
onemoresolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By onemoresolo
@Jack268: i don't think kotaku will pick this up when it is obviously plagiarized from a far superior game.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jack268
@W0lfbl1tzers: I understand that, but I felt kinda cheated after I had ignored those pixels for 7 ingame days to save humanity but NOPE 

@ESREVER: On the last day, everyone was dead and I went to the lab with my daughter and died there
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ESREVER
@Jack268: Weird, I did the same thing. Except when I went into the lab, the Red X was a green check, and it said I discovered the cure. I administered it to myself, then my daughter. Then thy went to the park. When you load it back up, everything is green again and not dead. 

I wonder what we did different.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By CptChiken

I got the good ending... if you ca call it that. 
The game's really depressing.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Got good ending. 

GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN

Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fontan

Holy. Fucking. Shit. 

That is mindblowing. I managed to get the cure, but it cost the lives of many people close... depressing even in the "good" ending. 

That was amazing.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Fontan said:

" Holy. Fucking. Shit.  That is mindblowing. I managed to get the cure, but it cost the lives of many people close... depressing even in the "good" ending.  That was amazing. "

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 02sfraser
@thaijedi said:
" Went to work for all the days except the last. Last day went to the park and died. "
This is exactly what happened to me. I just wanted to find a cure!
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FunExplosions

Well, played it twice. Opened a game in another tab and kept it on reserve. 

Died at work. 

Died at the park.    

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@jukezypoo said:
" Wait...this game is oddly reminiscent of (and by that I mean that it quite literally seems to take from) Every Day the Same Dream, which came out a while ago (and which is well worth playing and exploring; it's one of my favorite indie games of the last year:  http://www.molleindustria.org/everydaythesamedream/everydaythesamedream.html).  That game's great, but there's scenes that seem taken from it entirely, except that the story and the theme differ (EDSD was a play on society's inhumanity, and toyed with concepts of existentialism, whereas this was about saving the world from a virus).  Maybe it's by the same guy, I don't know, but something about it strikes me as really odd. "
Does that game ever end? I just do the same thing.
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By JoeyRavn

I got... an ending: 

Also, if anyone is using Chrome, you can play the game in an Incognito window and it will let you replay it as much as you want.
Avatar image for strikerthelizard
StrikerTheLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By StrikerTheLizard

Wow, I survived the stabbing, but got home to find...oh god...oh god no.