You know what I've been enjoying for the last two years?

• 52 results
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingzetta

Getting games on their release dates. I remember like two years ago, you go to any store other than a gamestop on the day a game comes out and they would not have it. I remember sometimes waiting up to three days before my Walmart or target got the game. Now all games come out on Tuesdays and you can get them on Tuesday, it's great.  Anyone remember not being able to get games on release days?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I remember when Borderlands first came out and there was such a shortage. I know of a few people who were pissed. I pre-ordered so I luckily got mine day 1 but it was a hassle to get my co-op buddie's copy. 

That was the last real shortage I can remember. And you're right it has been about 2 years.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kingzetta
@xyzygy said:
I remember when Borderlands first came out and there was such a shortage. I know of a few people who were pissed. I pre-ordered so I luckily got mine day 1 but it was a hassle to get my co-op buddie's copy.
Demon's souls was the last game I couldn't just go to the store and buy.
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

I've never had this problem.

yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By yorick

Games are always out on their release dates where I live.
phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By phish09
@extremeradical said:

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
@kingzetta: I actually got extremely lucky with Demon's Souls but yes that is another game that was hard to find around here. I don't think it's too hard now because there are tons of used copies from people who couldn't beat it and got pissed off.
nachokicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nachokicks

chorno trigger for the ds....took about a month 

BUCK3TM4N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BUCK3TM4N

i never pay for a full priced game

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Vinny_Says
@xyzygy said:
I remember when Borderlands first came out and there was such a shortage. I know of a few people who were pissed. I pre-ordered so I luckily got mine day 1 but it was a hassle to get my co-op buddie's copy.  That was the last real shortage I can remember. And you're right it has been about 2 years.
Borderlands is the only one I remember not being available recently, but I didn't really look that hard. Yeah getting games on Tuesdays is awesome
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kingzetta
@xyzygy said:
@kingzetta: I actually got extremely lucky with Demon's Souls but yes that is another game that was hard to find around here. I don't think it's too hard now because there are tons of used copies from people who couldn't beat it and got pissed off.
Well what I'm trying to say is, isn't it great that all games come out on Tuesdays?
I remember in the ps2 era some come out on Thursday, some came out on Monday.
Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crixaliz

I never managed to find find a copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii or even the third one on its own.
I loved the first two and really wanted to play the last one but no luck. However I found plenty of copies of Other-M, too bad that game was a piece of shit.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By crusader8463

Never had that problem myself. Back when I was just playing on my consoles it was before I had access to the internet so I never bought games when they first came out, and I only played games I found at my local rental store. Since then I have always ether pre-ordered from an EB Games or bought them on Steam so I never had that problem. As well, there is maybe just one or two games a year I care enough for that I want them the day they come out. So I mostly just wait for sales, or for the game to drop in price.

Glad you can get em when you want now.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1

I've never had a problem but looking back getting it day 1 doesn't feel that special. The most recent game I actually felt good about getting day 1 was probably MK or Heart Gold.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Portis

Never had this problem. Like, ever.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#16  Edited By Claude

I bought the last N64 on Launch Day after waiting in line at K&B Toys. They didn't have Super Mario 64, sold out. I had to wait a month before I got my hands on it. I had nothing to play on my brand new N64. No way was I buying some crappy ass Mortal Kombat game. Other than Super Mario 64, the N64 had some pretty crappy launch titles that were available at the time.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kingzetta
@RE_Player92 said:

I've never had a problem but looking back getting it day 1 doesn't feel that special. The most recent game I actually felt good about getting day 1 was probably MK or Heart Gold.

I buy every game I'm excited for on day one............... Which is like 30 game per year.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By SSully

I have been able to get games on release day for as long as I remember. My local best buy usually didn't have them out until around 12 or 1 though.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kingzetta
@SSully said:

I have been able to get games on release day for as long as I remember. My local best buy usually didn't have them out until around 12 or 1 though.

I remember the Giantbomb staff complaining about their best buy not getting games on the day.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RE_Player1

@kingzetta said:

@RE_Player92 said:

I buy every game I'm excited for on day one............... Which is like 30 game per year.

I have a problem though. When I buy games I usually wait a couple days until I actually open it up and play them due to other obligations. Most recently I bought Dead Space 2 day 1 and booted it up to install Extraction. I than had it sit on my shelf for a good month and a half due to exams.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kingzetta
@RE_Player92 said:

@kingzetta said:

@RE_Player92 said:

I have a problem though. When I buy games I usually wait a couple days until I actually open it up and play them due to other obligations. Most recently I bought Dead Space 2 day 1 and booted it up to install Extraction. I than had it sit on my shelf for a good month and a half due to exams.

Yeah I have nothing to take up my time besides games, so I have beaten Dead Space 2 twice.
It's quite sad I know
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Branthog

Yeah, I think people have selective memories, because you remember correctly. The release date for games and the date you could get it on store shelves was never the same. It was a day later. People would moan and bitch online about "if it comes out on Tuesday, why can't I fucking buy it on Tuesday?!" and people would respond "shut up and quit bitching, it's always been this way -- the game releases Tuesday and is on the shelf the following day". At some point in the last couple or so years, that has changed and launch day is actual launch day. They get the games ahead of time, put them out on launch day and you buy it launch day (unless you buy it from Amazon, in which case they ship it a couple days earlier so you get it on your doorstep on launch day). At some point, either publishers got smart and started announcing the date of release as the actual store date or the stores changed. I don't know which it is.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SSully

@kingzetta: Maybe I got lucky. I used to go to circuit city before bestbuy, they are literally about 50 yards away from each other, but one day I went to get warhawk and the person didn't know how to type it into the computer. I literally watched him try to type it in, failed, and just told me they dont have it. I never went there again.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Amazon Prime has always had the game at my door on release day. At least once a week.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kingzetta
@Branthog said:

Yeah, I think people have selective memories, because you remember correctly. The release date for games and the date you could get it on store shelves was never the same. It was a day later. People would moan and bitch online about "if it comes out on Tuesday, why can't I fucking buy it on Tuesday?!" and people would respond "shut up and quit bitching, it's always been this way -- the game releases Tuesday and is on the shelf the following day". At some point in the last couple or so years, that has changed and launch day is actual launch day. They get the games ahead of time, put them out on launch day and you buy it launch day (unless you buy it from Amazon, in which case they ship it a couple days earlier so you get it on your doorstep on launch day). At some point, either publishers got smart and started announcing the date of release as the actual store date or the stores changed. I don't know which it is.

yeah, all they had to do make everyone happy was add one day to their release date. So it would not be the stupid shipdate/shelfdate thing.
NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By NathHaw

@Claude said:

I bought the last N64 on Launch Day after waiting in line at K&B Toys. They didn't have Super Mario 64, sold out. I had to wait a month before I got my hands on it. I had nothing to play on my brand new N64. No way was I buying some crappy ass Mortal Kombat game. Other than Super Mario 64, the N64 had some pretty crappy launch titles that were available at the time.

Well, in the US on release day there was only Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. There was really only one choice though.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By EpicSteve

Amazon

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RE_Player1

@kingzetta said:

@RE_Player92 said:

@kingzetta said:

@RE_Player92 said:

Yeah I have nothing to take up my time besides games, so I have beaten Dead Space 2 twice. It's quite sad I know

No man it's not sad. Now if you lived you're entire life only playing games that is sad. Having a period in your life where you have enough free time to properly enjoy a game is great and I hope this upcoming August, when my schedule clears up, I do nothing but play games.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29  Edited By damnboyadvance

I rarely buy games on their release dates, so I don't have a problem with getting a game when I want it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Claude

@Bloviator said:

@Claude said:

Well, in the US on release day there was only Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. There was really only one choice though.

Yeah, Pilot Wings was sold out as well. I would have bought that if they would have had it. The people in line behind me were not happy as I was holding the last N64, so I said screw it and took my N64 with no games and left the building. I would eventually play the hell out of some games on the console though. No hard feelings for it.

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By WizardShazam

The Target I usually go to doesn't have Shadows of the Damned and just got Dead or Alive: Dimensions in last week. Other than those, I haven't had too much of a problem because I make sure to put my Amazon order in ahead of release if it is an Atlus release or some other more obscure release that won't have as many copies printed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get mine before the release date

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chrissedoff

oh thank goodness. i thought you were going to say crystal meth. or....yeck...*anime*

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TorMasturba

I remember getting no copy of The force unleashed on release date (I didn't know it was a crappy game until I'd played it, because there was no reviews out yet). And when I went to find out what was happening with my game, the vendor was on Amazon with 100% positive reviews, I found out the vendor had gone into liquidation, I contacted him anyway to find out about it.

Anyway my original copy arrived, the one I thought was the replacement copy at the time, and then two days later so did the second copy he was sending as a replacement.

That was my shittiest online moment in life, that I didn't even send it back to the guy to help him out, I sold it on.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LiquidPrince

The original SFIV was the last game that I couldn't find any where in store. PS3 version that is.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BBQBram

I just pre-order everything (at no added cost).

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Yorick said:
Games are always out on their release dates where I live.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047
deactivated-5e9ee8b9b3047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games come out around a week before release where I live >.< People here don't give a shit about street dates it seems.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sayishere

Never had this problem

Well actually, this might of happened when i bought GTA Vice City, but i did buy it from a smaller gaming outlet in the UK.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Over the past few years I've been able to buy about one game on release day, but overall it seems like my local stores are still pretty good about getting them in stock on time.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By ajamafalous

@BUCK3TM4N said:

i never pay for a full priced game

This.

Also, Steam.

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vexed
@kingzetta:   I think alot of people in this thread have short memories.  I know exactly what you're talkin about and it really sucked.  Tuesday was the 'release' day but it was actually just the day the game started shipping and Gamestop was the only store that got it (sometimes) Wednesday.  Who fucking knew when Best Buy or Walmart would get it!  Which was even more infuriating if Gamestop sold out because they only ordered enough to cover preorders.  Ugh, so glad that shit is behind us.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kingzetta
@Vexed said:
@kingzetta:   I think alot of people in this thread have short memories.  I know exactly what you're talkin about and it really sucked.  Tuesday was the 'release' day but it was actually just the day the game started shipping and Gamestop was the only store that got it (sometimes) Wednesday.  Who fucking knew when Best Buy or Walmart would get it!  Which was even more infuriating if Gamestop sold out because they only ordered enough to cover preorders.  Ugh, so glad that shit is behind us.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44  Edited By Yanngc33

I remember when games didn't have a simultaneous release date for different regiosns, that sucked

klimdeeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By klimdeeni

I remember going into gamestop to get Heavenly Sword on the day after it's release, and they told me they haven't had any yet. I turned around to leave and UPS was bringing in a box and the gamestop guy was like "yeah that's probably it in there" So I was just in time... thought it was weird, but I guess that's a thing of the past. they always have my game now :D

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46  Edited By zyn
@extremeradical said:

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By matti00

I work in a store that sells games, if I want it day one that shit doesn't even get onto the shop floor.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MideonNViscera

It's really only been the past 2 years that I even bothered to get any games on release day. Maybe 3. GTA:4 was the first, whenever that came out.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Chummy8

Man, you've wasted a ton of money.  For the last two years, I haven't paid full price for new games.  I get em when they drop to $20-$30. 

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kingzetta
@TekZero said:
Man, you've wasted a ton of money.  For the last two years, I haven't paid full price for new games.  I get em when they drop to $20-$30. 
It's not a waste if I'm happy or enjoy it.