Your Worst Game of 2013

• 115 results
GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Your Worst Game of 2013 (275 votes)

SimCity (2013) 27%
Ride to Hell: Retribution 20%
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct 7%
X Rebirth 5%
Rome: Total War 2 2%
R.I.P.D. The Game 5%
Fighter Within 1%
LocoCycle 6%
Other (what is it?!) 27%

Obviously, there were more dreadful games this year. What's your worst game of 2013? SimCity looks like the winner to me: it destroyed a franchise.

• 
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By hatking

@ramone said:

@hatking said:

@ramone said:

The worst game I played this year was probably Remember Me. Just dreadfully dull, which is a shame because it had potential.

I've been finding myself repeatedly nodding with agreement to your posts.

I don't really like this thread, something about targeting a game as worst seems really destructive and cynical, but I think I was most disappointed by Remember Me. It had a lot of potential, and there are things about it that I did enjoy quite a bit, but it just had a few too many missteps for me to be able to slug through it. The combat mechanics were really interesting, but they didn't quite go hard enough in the direction they were leaning. The character was a cool choice, but they didn't do anything particularly special with her. It was pretty, I guess. But pretty environments don't amount to much when there's no interesting fiction happening in them. It's kind of interesting how many of these feelings directly apply to BioShock Infinite.

It's a pleasure to be so...agreeable, I guess. Also if I hadn't been posting that previous comment on my phone I would have said similar things to you about Remember Me. The memory remix mechanic is definitely my "Most Sorely Underused Mechanic of the Year".

Wow, I completely forgot about that part of the game. Those scenes were totally underutilized. Such a cool idea.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So after thinking about it I think the game I was most disappointing in this year was Anarchy Reigns.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#103  Edited By BeachThunder

@quantris said:

@norsedudetr said:

Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Or as I call it: Mari and Luigi: Tutorials. That might be the most boring game I’ve ever played, that or Skyward Sword.

I found that Mario and Luigi actually got pretty good as it went along. The pacing was definitely weird as new mechanics got doled out one at a time over a long period instead of mostly at the start (which was the main reason that the "tutorial" feeling lasted for so long) but the variety of enemies and their "tells" was probably the best in the series. I tended to only play for an hour or two at a time but I was eventually happy with the game.

I generally liked it. But what about those tedious QTE-laden giant boss fights? Those almost made me not want to continue playing the game.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Off the top of my head it would be Aliens: Colonial Marines. Super boring, bad A.I. and uninteresting plot. It was all bad.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst game i played in 2013? Well it didn't come out in 2013, but i'd say Dead Island.

Played it, it was OK, up till the second area, i got to the city, did one sidequest. Then anytime i interacted with ANYTHING (NPC, door, ladder, crafting table, ANYTHING) the frame rate would go single digits, the screen would get all blurry, electric sounds and my dude grunting. Then I'd die. Pretty damn awful.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I don't think I ever loathed playing something as much as I loathed this.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Beyond: Two Souls

I only liked the part where she sang Beck.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By afabs515

Motorbike should be on that list. If the question limits my choices to games I've played personally, Battlefield 4.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Of all the games I played this year, the worst goes to SimCity. I wanted to like that game. I tried to like that game. I couldn't like that game.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#111  Edited By yetiantics

SimCity was a PR and server mess. It was disappointing, but it was still playable once you got it to work. Not the worst game of the year.

Walking Dead Survival Instinct however was broken, unfinished, and basically garbage. ... Kinda like Season 3

glacialhelmnun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killer is Dead was hella gross and really disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Tie between Sim City, Gone Home, and GTA V.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By bluefish

I was a little let down by some things, but I mostly didn't play things that looked lousy.

I avoided Killer is Dead despite having faint, faint hopes it would turn around Suda's reputation. So that was sad.

I avoided Beyond because I was pretty let down by Heavy Rain and this looked considerably worse.

You get the idea.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11