Giant Bomb Guild Thread Mk. III

• 111 results
shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@dalerax: Invite sent. Welcome aboard and feel free to hop on mumble to chat and ask any questions you may have!

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Lagaroth

Recently started playing again after a few years away. Was in the guild for several months right after launch, Lagaroth.9021.

Favorite content recently has been Drew and Dan quicklook terrible Steam survival/horror games.

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lagaroth said:

Recently started playing again after a few years away. Was in the guild for several months right after launch, Lagaroth.9021.

Favorite content recently has been Drew and Dan quicklook terrible Steam survival/horror games.

Invite sent! See you in-game!

Miniexadoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, It's Mordecai, (Miniexadoor.4856) Just got back into the game and looking to play with some duders again

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miniexadoor: Went to go invite and got a "this person has reached the maximum number of guild memberships" message. You are not in 5 guilds already by chance, are you?

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey all, last played GW2 almost exactly 2 years ago, looking to get back. In-game I'm Gauzy.4369, I enjoy mostly PVE stuff, but was looking to maybe dabble in some PVP this time around as well.

Cadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Cadius

Hey, I just picked up this game with the recent sale going on, and this seems like a guild I could get into!

I'm on Volkmar.2453 when someone gets a chance.

orange_pork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Hey hey. I'm okayPlayer.7614. This is my first foray into GW2 after something like 2000 hours in GW1. I shoot things with bows, it's pretty great.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By shinboy630

@orange_pork: @cadius: Invites should be sent. Sorry about the delay, I was up at PAX this weekend!

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought the game during the sale but could not download it due to data restrictions. I'm Cadark.8351.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hey is there an EU guild equivalent, or is everyone all in the dame guild?

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhombus_of_terror: I don't think there is an EU guild, although I could be wrong. Honestly not sure how guilds work across regions, if they even do at all.

Avatar image for taciturnunicorn
taciturnunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinboy630: @rhombus_of_terror According to the wiki, you can join a guild from any region (except China) and get all of the guild benefits, but you won't be able to be placed in an instance with people from a different region. People from EU should be able to join the US based guild, but if they were mainly interested in playing the game with guild members, it might be better to join an EU guild, or start a GB guild in EU if there's enough interest.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys. This still a thing? Ranchero.7210 and my favorite piece of GB content is the PSO2 dance party.

Cornelius85X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also be interested in joining, if people are still active. Cornelius.1364 is my name. My favorite GB content would be the weekly podcast. It's a highlight of each week.

Cronstintein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Cronstintein

Recently returned to the game and would like to re-join the guild.

Cronstintein.7182

The podcast is definitely my favorite thing from the site but I love me some quicklooks and the new GBeast cast is also good! (And Unprofessional fridays)

Turkey turkey turkey!

Avatar image for taciturnunicorn
taciturnunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the guild still actively do guild missions and things? I'm interested in doing guild hall stuff and getting guild commendations and stuff. I'm taciturnunicorn.2753 in game, and I really like the Ravaged Quick Look.

rempresent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't have a guild so I would appreciate an invite before we dive hard into HoT. I have been a GB consumer for a long time and think the Vinny/Jeff Endurance Run of Deadly Premonition is the best content to date. The Lang phone number blast at the end of Day 3 for E3 2015 was pretty great too.

nickrempe.6054

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rempresent: @taciturnunicorn: Both invites should be sent.

As for guild missions, a few of us do them with assorted other guilds. Our main core would like to do them as a [BOMB] group, but it is an odd situation. Not enough people are on, so we don't schedule them. Because we don't schedule them, people do not show up. It is a lame catch-22, but I would totally be willing to set up a proper schedule to get people to do them if there is enough interest.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

After a sizable hiatus, I'm back in action! The last 2 or 3 months I've been hitting the 5v5 pvp pretty hard. Name is PeezMachine.4128 so let's (re) do this!

TehJedicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played since around release and I did really enjoy it a lot, I feel dumb that I never thought about Giantbomb having a guild in it. I'm gonna download it again and I'll edit this post with my game name when I find it out lol

ScreamingFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name is Screaming Fist.8945 and I love me some Metal Gear Scanlon. Invite me please? =D

DemonicGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DemonicGoblin

As a returning player on Darkhaven I would like to join the guild. However I'm not entirely sure how it works with other servers anymore. I know that I can't join in WvW as a player on a different server, but I'm mostly a PvE player anyway.

I'd love to join if that's acceptable :)

DemonicGoblin.8024

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Beesuit.6389

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#75 fisk0  Moderator

I've had a sealed copy of this on my desk for the past 3 years, maybe I should actually open it.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated the OP to talk about our move from Mumble to Discord for our VoIP.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@shinboy630: Woah, Discord looks really cool. I might have to drop in on you guys some time just to try it out!

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard: Yeah it is pretty neat. Also, you can embed images/gifs in chat, so the potential for duuuuuuuuuumb stuff is really high.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Can I join? my user name is FrankofTV.4195

zulu_paradise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there! I've been absent from Guild Wars 2 for a few years and I just got back into it a couple months ago. I'd love an invite to the official GB guild!

My username is ravikus.7268

Thanks guys!

theloopymonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mattgriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Didn't see this mentioned, but GW2 just went free to play.

theloopymonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By theloopymonkey

@mattgriffin: Kinda. Really the business model hasn't changed at all. Its still buy to play, they just implemented a trial system on the strongest and most heavily of regulated steroids.

While you can play all of the core game with relatively light restrictions. So many new systems are tied to the expansion that by next year as more content comes in through those systems, a free player will feel like they hit a brick wall where they will have nothing to do. It might take 1000+ hours to hit that wall but they will. Unless they buy the game. So really its just a ridiculously awesome trial.

Crux7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to join the gb guild. I was in the ff14 gb guild a while back and I remember liking it. I am new to the game but I'm enjoying it so far

Crux.7982

Favorite content - beastcast

thanks

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, BWE3 for Heart of Thorns this weekend and tonight (friday) we are trying to get a handful of people together for the Raid. We might attempt it again later in the weekend as well depending on who is around. Class doesn't matter (we are just going to mess around and see what works!), and you can get gear inside, so that is not an issue either. You do need to own HoT already to be in the beta and make a beta character, though.

@crux7: Invite sent!

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

I'd like to join the guild as well, just got back into the game in preparation for the expansion.

MstrMnyBgs.9402

Parathorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I get an invite? Just started up again after a long break and I'm back in hard.

Parathorn.6419

ravalyassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking to join! Jumped on since HOT looks rad. I love me some me some Vinnyvania. fishstickz.2143

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fishstickz: @parathorn: Invites sent! Don't forget to hit "Represent Guild" to show your Giant Bomb dot com pride!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As announced in the poll thread, voting for the [BOMB] guild hall is now closed, with Lost Precipice taking it. See you in the Maguuma, folks!

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By shinboy630

@jack_lafayette: Ok so real talk: that poll (and I assume most of the votes) were done before we had a ton of information on the halls themselves. This includes layout/more screenshots/etc. I know personally my opinion has changed simply because it seems Gilded Hollow is more compact in layout. Not to discount that thread, but perhaps once we get the ball rolling post launch we can just sort of straw poll the active players and see if we get the same result.

Edit: forgot to add this link, which is a pretty cool comparison write-up

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@shinboy630: It's like you've no sense of adventure! Convenient navigation, my ass! If everybody you know is jumping off a cliff, you also jump off the cliff!

S'all good. Second point: when do we feel comfortable polishing up the roster? I'm thinking a month post-release is enough time for inactives who hear about the expansion and are still interested to find their way back.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Would love an invite. Jumped back in.

bemusedchunk.9016

AlbinoJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrystolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing on and off since launch, and feel dumb now for never looking up the GB guild. Would love an invite!

Chrystolis.7349

legion_ai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like many people here, I've played on and off, but with the new expansion out I'm certainly back on for the foreseeable future. Also I think I was in the guild back at launch and it was the reason I picked Yak's Bend as my server; that was a real long time ago wasn't it...

mantaray.3875

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, now that HoT has been out for a week or so, we should set up a night to do guild missions again. What day(s) would everyone want to do this?

@legion_ai invite should be sent

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Hella)

Weekdays after daily reset(7pm-ish) I am on most days and weekends I am free for whenever. I dont have a preference but weekends would be better just because I have more time.

Chrystolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Chrystolis

@shinboy630: Any chance I could snag an invite as well, when you have a chance?

Chrystolis.7349

Thanks!

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrystolis: sent! make sure to represent and say hi in chat and discord!