Need Examples

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1 Marino  Staff

Got a new concept page, so I'm looking for specific examples of this. The dialogue can be from the player character or the quest giver, but it needs to be a specific line of dialogue acknowledging that you already did the thing that the quest giver is telling you to do.

Feel free to edit the page yourself or just name something here and I'll add it.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I can't think of a specific example but I know Baldur's Gate 3 is full of this since you can complete a bunch of the quests before being assigned them. I also recently played Outer Worlds and it also has a bunch of examples of this. I'll see if I can find some examples.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Boy, I wish I could help, and I certainly recall running into this in multiple games, but in a vague way where I can't actually remember the game. Seems like a thing JRPGs often do.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H
@atheistpreacher said:

Boy, I wish I could help, and I certainly recall running into this in multiple games, but in a vague way where I can't actually remember the game. Seems like a thing JRPGs often do.

JRPGs and RPGs in general. I'm fairly certain Skyrim has a bunch of these too but I don't have exact dialogue lines for it.

An example I thought of is in the first planet of Outer Worlds there's a town filled with raiders you can go to and clear out. In the town I found a random woman who said she was happy where she was and didn't need my help with anything. Then a couple hours later I found a person who wanted me to save her, so I confirmed to them that she was alive and was happy where she was. I'm not sure if it counts because after you inform the person you already found the woman, they ask you to go back and convince her to come home so technically the quest isn't already completed but is partly completed.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First thing that comes to mind is in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, there is love of dialog of you go get the Neuro Plasticity Stabilizer from Otar before your ripper-doc asks for it.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Just picked up Persona 3 Reload again and ran into this with the game's "request" system. If you've already fulfilled the conditions then Elizabeth says "Oh? It appears you've already completed it."

weazman54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon age: inquisition. You can get items when you are running around the open areas. If you talk to someone looking for said items you already came across you skip the quest for it and just get the rewards.

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth has one early on with Jeff's Taco Truck and trying to obtain money. There's a quick throwaway line where Kasuga checks his pockets and goes 'oh, looks like I do have the money' but since its the tutorial for a minigame everyone basically says 'go do the part time job anyway, wouldn't hurt to have more'.

Both the Horizon games have a ton of these as well, I know Forbidden West does for sure.